Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

nigga crab pollock posted:

im taking about straight up purposeful manipulation of one person's perception with elaborate lies, passive aggressive button pressing, strange responses to normal behavior that make you question if what you did was normal or not, and dismissing the other party's concerns off the bat while demanding all their concerns be met. not just petty squabbling over minutae both parties remembered differently - straight up abusive behavior.

i just gave all of that poo poo the benefit of the doubt - which in this case was not a healthy thing to do - until i ran across some chat logs that made me re-evaluate what happened.

'you've got to be careful to assume its happening' is a very dangerous mindset.

Jesus man. This really sucks and I'm sorry. I was in a very similar situation and literally the only thing that empowered me to get out of it was having my relationship described as abusive by people who cared about me. Having never been in a comparable situation I assumed the behavior I was grappling with must be rational and in good faith and welp, I must just be awful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread