Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

no, because feminists do not blanket mock men for showing emotion (it is in fact men who enforce toxic masculinity on other men), men often do not need shelters to leave toxic relationships, and the severity of domestic violence inflicted on men is not as bad as that inflicted on women. it's more difficult then to interpret half hearted jokes targeting specific men as being actively harmful to men in the same way that misogyny is harmful against women

this is not to say that violence against men doesn't exist or is not a problem, but it's a significantly lesser problem than violence and insulting language against women, much the same way that white people's complaints about racism directed at them are often whiny and vacant

I agree, feminism shouldn't be about equality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

young feminist women who want to bathe in cishet tears isn't an accepted or even recognized part of feminist thought, although it may appear to be to someone whose primary exposure to feminist politics is through tumblr fakeposts

Deflect ideological criticism by pretending that your ideological identity doesn't exist.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

No, the SCUM manifesto was a parody. Valerie Solanas had problems, but she was actually quite a clever and funny writer. The entire thing was pretty much a reversal of the standard Freudian analysis of how ultimately everything is about the penis.

Why would she shoot Andy Warhol if it was meant to be a parody and not a sincere manifesto?

To my knowledge even the film SCUM depicted the manifesto as a sincere anti natal philosophy of a women broken by cruelty.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 15, 2016

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

visceril posted:

Scream, honkie, scream

Mmm trust fund, privilege and education is literally shaking

Effectronica posted:

drat, this guy got so mad after reading each post he had to respond right then and there, ending up with a triplet of whines.

Smart phone post problems

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
K OP so

I think if feminism is to be taken seriously it could do without the needless trolling else you leave a large pocket of women with sympathies like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCgsrOtCBXM

Thinking cost to benefit makes me think it would be more productive not to push people into the MRA camp.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

visceril posted:

Maybe you should report back to GBS.

Just make up a report and go back there.

Or don't. Just as long as you go there

Looking into my posting history is a pretty clear symptom of rustled jimmies, maybe try some anti-depressing life pills an a hug box?

I don't really have a prob with the whole 'it is fine to slur up whites cause they are privileged an powerful' but I don't really see the utility since it demonstrates that you guys are a bit of a hate group.

An if it is out of humour well than i guess i didn't see it as a joke prior to now, that said the rationale sounds abit storm fronty.

Just cause you're a grose fat an maybe ethnic types doesnt mean the healthiest way to cope is to just refract the racisms of the past an become feminism's edge lords. I mean if you guys were arguing that #killallblackpeople was hilarious i'd just think you were idiots too, an i'd be saying something like 'yo maybe arguing for mass murder isn't the best image you want to project for your obviously derailed ideology.'

Btw how is intersectionality suppose to bring about more equality than the previous feminism wave?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

You're right, jokes about men are not funny, not like rape jokes, which are universally hilarious.

I agree, rape is always funny: http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Dickwolves

• Locked thread