Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

menino posted:

I'm indicting feminism as a whole. I cited specific sites and writers.

No, you're not. You're creating gotcha scenarios and using them to uphold your own personal narrative. Jezebel is a woman's lifestyle blog. It primarily deals with female lifestyle and its readership (mostly composed of women) go there for woman-related news. Why would they focus on male issues? That's not what their audience is there for. Using such focused news sources to support your views is disingenuous as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Popular Thug Drink posted:

are you sure this is actual contempt and derision and not just some personal sensitivity on your part, because i'm not seeing it despite you constantly asserting that it is so

A good bit of the articles with the Men tag on Jezebel are dumb sickburns on men. I guess you can call that contempt, but given the mission of the site cherry-picking is kind of to be expected. I'm mostly eh about it.

menino posted:

I'm not expecting them to cover men's issues. I'm expecting less contempt and derision. E: Same from NYMag, Slate, Guardian. Now you can play no true Scotsman with these sources and say that they are not actually feminist and in some ways I would absolutely agree. But for better or for worse these are actually very popular feminist branded portals with certain classes

Can you provide proof that NYMag, Slate and Guardian or some such news sources create this sort of derision? And I would like to note these are more general issue magazines, not explicitly aimed for women like Jezebel. That's important.
If you got proof of that, okay. We can talk more. Otherwise PTD is right.

• Locked thread