Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
reductress is pretty cool and good tho

e.g., http://reductress.com/post/i-am-not-a-feminist-but-i-do-think-all-men-should-die/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Popular Thug Drink posted:

uhh my av picked up a trojan embedded on that site?

misandry :argh:

I think it's a bunch of MRAs reporting the site?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

menino posted:

I think that like everything, feminism has been commoditized, and it's getting over saturated to the point where itfs just "Hey look at these men they're awful!" That tends to be what Reductress goes after, the portion of online feminism that is basically just branding.

Well, that and like women's lifestyle magazines

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

nigga crab pollock posted:

'what are you, pussy' 'cmon dude don't be a bitch'

not quite related but a favorite
'i cant drive a jetta ill get made fun of for driving a girl car!"

it depends on the environment you are in though. the acceptance of men showing emotion is a response to the traditional male ideal of a stoic emotionless killing machine, it's a relatively new idea tbh. in an environment that isn't male dominated you can get away with it but try doing any of that in a garage or in a gym. no, really.

i drive a jetta and the last time I broke down crying was at the gym :kheldragar:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Real Foogla posted:

I literally enjoy looking at my car, from different angles or under different lighting. I enjoy how it handles, the way it shifts with precision, and how swift it accelerates. I like that it has tons of room, thanks to being a station wagon, and cheap to drive since it's a diesel.

I don't give a gently caress what the car says about me, I drive the car for its "carness". And I assume many men feel the same way. It just sucks that this gets reduced to "drives a 3 series BMW, because he needs a manly man car" or whatever. I couldn't drive a "non-manly" car with the same attributes, because those don't exist.

wagons are for moms

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mmann posted:

I don't know anything about cars, at all, and even I know that the stereotype is that guys in Miatas aren't picking up women.
It's a gay car, you see.

Or a car for ladies depending who you ask.

Stereotypes tend to use gays and ladies pretty interchangeably.

I'd drive it

• Locked thread