Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I'm not gonna read this thread but as a dude who has been a victim of DV and SA I'd say the #killallmen crowd is considerably more likely to take my experiences with DV and SA seriously than the general population. Though I have had my poo poo attacked for "appropriating the struggles of women" by some straight cis white lady feminists who seem to be in a lifelong competition for Woke Points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

menino posted:

Non journalist power users on Twitter seems to be ppl with borderline/histrionic personality disorder too, both left and right. Lots of scam artists and 'activists' who are mostly concerned with branding and obscure in-group status plays.

twitter fame is such a pointless and worthless pursuit that the people who seek it out are necessarily completely divorced from reality and hung up on super-weird poo poo.

420 Gank Mid posted:

Who else do you think tweets out #killallmen?

Actual victims of violence and oppression would never wish it perpetuated on anyone else.

well if you'll reread my post you'll see that I was indicating that #killallmen people have been more supportive than the general population. Honestly the biggest indicator that a person who identified as a "feminist" would be dismissive of my experiences with DV and SA has been "white person and ravenous clinton supporter"

• Locked thread