Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How is Travis on his and his wife's podcast? Does she reel him in somewhat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Besties is gonna die and I hope at least everyone involved is having a good time with it.

Their most recent episode was about a game I hadn't heard of that they repeatedly point out you don't have to actively play to succeed. They discussed this sort of game instead of the game they announced they would review at the end of the week's prior episode. Their game to discuss next week is apparently about divorce???? Mercifully, Justin did not grumble about a lack of sponsors. Shits getting weird.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

To be fair Loop Hero is very popular right now. I liked the episode.

I think this casual attitude could keep it alive if they just talk about what they’ve been playing this week instead of it being work to play a specific game

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Sankis posted:

They are very liberal (*especially* Travis). Any movement to the left seems a more recent thing. Just listen to an older episode to hear them make riding with biden jokes or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3_dCJ0Iy4M

e: Travis would get his rear end handed to him in the tryhard Hafu/5up Among Us lobbies :v:

Kazy fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 22, 2021

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

George H.W. oval office posted:

How is Travis on his and his wife's podcast? Does she reel him in somewhat?
I don't listen to Shmanners a lot but from the episodes I've listened to because the topic interested me, Theresa reels him in a lot. Completely different vibe, which makes sense.

EDIT: Oh I did like their Great British Bake Off podcast. Just two people getting enthusiastic about something they like, but not barreling each other over.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Hey everybody, for real, posting to frustrate each other is not a fun way to post because we're all on the same team and that team is to have fun together and to make it fun for all our audiences. And so when people make posts just to frustrate each other and just to troll each other, there's enough of that in the world today, of people trolling each other just to be mean and to be hurtful, and if we're gonna post in this space together we need to do it because we want each other to have fun and not because we're trying to frustrate each other, cause there's enough frustrating things in the world right now and there's enough we can't control, and one of the things we can control is that everyone is here to have fun and not waste each others' time and so when we make decisions that are meant to troll each other, that's something that bad people do.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Shmanners, Sawbones, and Wonderful all have a "spouses reign them in" dynamic, while MBMBAM is full sibling energy and TAZ is full sibling + dad energy. Of course they act different when it's not just brothers goofing off with each other. They also get on each other's nerves a lot, as family does, especially in a neverending hellscape where every day, week, and month blends into each other for a year. They're all dealing with this poo poo in different ways, but none of them are going anywhere or "fixing" themselves just because you personally don't like it. So either calm your tits or stop listening, or make something better every week for 10 years and see how well you do.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hey 🙋 everybody, 👩👨 for 🈺 real, 😳🤔 playing 🀄 to frustrate each 👋👋 other 👳 is not 🈶 a fun 🎳 way 😳 to play ▶ because ✅ we're ➕ all 💯 on 🛵 the same ❗🤢 team 👥 and that 😳 team 👥 is to have 👏🐵 fun 🎢💃🎳🎢💃🎳🎢💃🎳 together ‼️ and to make 💆 it fun 😂 for 🤙 all 👉 our 💰 audiences. And so when 😩⏰ people 👪 make 🙋😬 plays just 👏👌 to frustrate each 💘🔛😄🐦 other 🏾👈 and just 👽 to troll each 👋👋 other, 😏 there's 😹 enough 🙅‍♂️🤬🤬🤬🤬 of that 👆👇 in 😏 the world 🌍 today, 🌽 of people 👫👨 trolling each 💘🔛😄🐦 other 👪 just 🤔 to be 🐝 mean 😱😡 and to be 👄😱 hurtful, and if we're 🙈 gonna 🎁➡️ play 🤸🏿‍♂️ in 🐴🌿 this space 🌛 together 👫👬 we 👉🤠 need 😾 to do 🚶‍♂️ it because 💁😡 we 👥👓 want 😋 each 👋👏 other 😖 to have 🙌🙀🙌 fun 😅 and not 🙅‍♀️ because 🙆🏽 we're 👶 trying 😼👌💥 to frustrate each 👏 other, 👪 cause 💋 there's 😎 enough 🙅‍♂️🤬🤬🤬🤬 frustrating things 📴 in 😀🔥 the world 💀💀💀 right 😽👌 now 👁️👄👁️ and there's 😹 enough 🙅‍♀️ we 🤼😃 can't 🌍 control, 🕺 and one 🙏 of the things 🤭 we 🤥 can 🥫 control 🎮 is that 😐😐 everyone 👥 is here 🈁 to have 🈶 fun 😂 and not 🚫🙅 waste each 👏👏 others' 👪 time 🕐 and so when 😩⏰ we 👶👥 make 📣 decisions 🤔 that 🥰😇✨ are meant 👀 to troll each 👏 other, 🛏️ that's 🈴 something 😅 that 👋 bad 😤😩 people 👺 do. 😍

Do it ironically posted:

Hey everybody, for real, posting to frustrate each other is not a fun way to post because we're all on the same team and that team is to have fun together and to make it fun for all our audiences. And so when people make posts just to frustrate each other and just to troll each other, there's enough of that in the world today, of people trolling each other just to be mean and to be hurtful, and if we're gonna post in this space together we need to do it because we want each other to have fun and not because we're trying to frustrate each other, cause there's enough frustrating things in the world right now and there's enough we can't control, and one of the things we can control is that everyone is here to have fun and not waste each others' time and so when we make decisions that are meant to troll each other, that's something that bad people do.

lol you guys are such losers

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Do it ironically posted:

How did they not troll him again after he said this, it's a joke in itself

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Mae posted:

How did they not troll him again after he said this, it's a joke in itself

As much as I feel like Travis is getting too much poo poo, yeah, his Among Us bit pretty much reads like a lost Tails Gets Trolled excerpt.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
https://twitter.com/bi_gendian/status/1373821560365142018

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Completely agree with that

E: okay maybe not completely now that I reread it, but the general point of “he’s not as funny” becoming something much weirder

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 22, 2021

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
they made our travis a meme :negative:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
these things happen in threes, who will be the third maxfun beandad?

who will be the third to earn the ire of the internet in a manner that far outstrips his fanbase and existing circle of relevance?

who will be the third maxfun host to end up being discovered by the broader internet, who goes “who the dick is this weird rear end in a top hat?”

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 22, 2021

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Left wing muppetboy, thank you

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

who will be the third to earn the ire of the internet in a manner that far outstrips his fanbase and existing circle of relevance?

who will be the third maxfun host to end up being discovered by the broader internet, who goes “who the dick is this weird rear end in a top hat?”
problem with posing this question is making the assumption mbmbam listeners can name any maxfun podcasts besides the ones that have annoying ads after the money zone

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
People who live in flop houses shouldn’t throw heat rocks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

good news! in this week's episode justin is retiring munch squad ending some day as a concept

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I like mbmbam. controversial take for this thread, i know

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

It's amazing how much better he looks without the fake grin and depressed teen hair

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

justin's thoughts on jigsaw puzzles are very powerful in this ep

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Colonel Whitey posted:

I like mbmbam. controversial take for this thread, i know

Very brave.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

i don't really understand how eliott kalan hasn't been canceled by left twitter seeing as he was head writer of the daily show during the late jon stewart years and seems like he'd be prime "this is what libs are like" fodder but actually being the person in charge of a consensus-establishing media apparatus ranks far below Extreme Middle Child Syndrome.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Impermanent posted:

i don't really understand how eliott kalan hasn't been canceled by left twitter seeing as he was head writer of the daily show during the late jon stewart years and seems like he'd be prime "this is what libs are like" fodder but actually being the person in charge of a consensus-establishing media apparatus ranks far below Extreme Middle Child Syndrome.
he also was the head writer on the MST3K revival so he probably earned some nerd tenure from doing that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wow he sucks

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Impermanent posted:

out of a lot of the maxfun hosts, I get the sense that Elliot really dislikes like the contemporary left and Bernie people, but he’s also an Emmy winning media professional who knows how to do personal brand maintenance and which fights are worth having and which conversations to avoid entirely

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Impermanent posted:

It's because nobody knows of the existence of Eliott Kalan. Beandad messed up by thinking Twitter was the go to platform for long form Gen X Dad "Comedy."

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 22, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I saw the Fullcast folks tweeting about the among us thing so it seems to be getting a weird sort of traction. Though it is the fullcast and it is the off-season so who even knows.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Their most recent episode was about a game I hadn't heard of that they repeatedly point out you don't have to actively play to succeed.

yeah loop hero was blowing up on twitch so in a lot of ways they had excellent timing to review it then

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Warbird posted:

I saw the Fullcast folks tweeting about the among us thing so it seems to be getting a weird sort of traction. Though it is the fullcast and it is the off-season so who even knows.

lmao at this rate Travis is gonna get yelled about by Vaush

then a week later the girl in the clown makeup will make a video about him

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

out of a lot of the maxfun hosts, I get the sense that Elliot really dislikes like the contemporary left and Bernie people, but he’s also an Emmy winning media professional who knows how to do personal brand maintenance and which fights are worth having and which conversations to avoid entirely
all i know about Elliot is:
- sounds like the turtle from Sly Cooper
- likes to annoy his co-hosts like Travis does
- thinks animated movies shouldn't have adult humor
- when given the reins of The Adventure Zone for a guest episode, immediately steered the humor into "can we gently caress all the women"

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Waterbed Wendy posted:

He did it to himself lol

The among us thing gave me such intense secondhand embarassment. Not just the speech about playing the game like “bad people” but the fact that it was in support of a godawful adult talking like a baby character bit ugh ugh ugh. I can’t believe I was vaguely going “ehh he’s alright” itt the other day, I don’t even want to admit I know who this guy is now

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

the new episode was a right fun listen. Four stars.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

eke out posted:

yeah loop hero was blowing up on twitch so in a lot of ways they had excellent timing to review it then

Explains how I had blinders on, then. I simply do not gravitate towards twitch enough to know what's popping up.

Do the youth still play the fort knight?:corsair:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

misadventurous posted:

He did it to himself lol

The among us thing gave me such intense secondhand embarassment. Not just the speech about playing the game like “bad people” but the fact that it was in support of a godawful adult talking like a baby character bit ugh ugh ugh. I can’t believe I was vaguely going “ehh he’s alright” itt the other day, I don’t even want to admit I know who this guy is now

I'm with you there, tbh. That post was more about the tweet before my post.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I finally looked up that Travis clip and I didn't realize at first that he was sitting outside the lobby so that people couldn't start the game until he got his speech in.

e: the clip itself, in case anybody somehow hasn't seen it and thinks maybe the 2 quotes of it are overselling it.
https://www.twitch.tv/chilledchaos/clip/SuperFitDonutKreygasm-5McWOsnJ4bFdvep5

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 22, 2021

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Impermanent posted:

Nobody outside this thread knows or cares about the opinions of Eliot Kalan except, probably, his family.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
this

*jingle*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

mikeycp posted:

Turn on your monitor microphone.