Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I re-watched some Monster Factories today, and I forgot just how much joy I get from Justin excitedly yelling ""YES". Like, the videos in their entirety are great, but those just thrill me to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Amiibo Corner is my favorite new McElroy joint. Really up there with TIBaS, which I sorely miss.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Tatum Girlparts posted:

IS Griffin a coward for not trying the mega yarn yoshi? I'm just asking questions.

Saving Mega Yarn Yoshi for the Big Gulp crossover.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Clint and the other fathers-in-law.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

mikeycp posted:

But not directly mic'd. They have to be the studio audience.

Basically keep them like PFT on Comedy Bang Bang before his character comes out. Just humorously making noise just barely off mic.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Somebody stop [him]!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
The site would be a lot better if Justin and Griffin did reviews more often.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Silentman0 posted:

Toe to tip.

This is a level of dedication to a thing that I'll never understand, but at the same time, that's a great Bart.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

abraham linksys posted:

:argh: thought I got that edit in before anyone saw it!!

Did remind me that I gotta listen to the new Nick Robinson and Griffin podcast, though. I don't get why Griffin/Justin can't just make a normal goddamn video game podcast, but I guess they used to do one at Joystiq so maybe it's just tread ground for them?

Even when they're doing Monster Factory, it seems like Justin's in a bit of a rush, so they might not necessarily have the time to do a dedicated vidja game show. As Griffin said, they've got their toes in a lot of pies.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

I wish I was doing a great enough job to have someone do stuff like this for me. Jesus.

Toxxupation posted:

it's especially absurd since there's so many other, far more legitimate reasons to hate polygon

Basically anyone outside of the original Besties has bad opinions. It's also just basically turned into a different Kotaku at this point. Hopefully Griffin's vanity projects can save them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Travis went from being basically a non-entity for me in early episodes, to basically a equal-share brother over the last few years. He's really learned to time his bits better, and I'm always waiting for the next Travis one-liner. Their reactions are always the best.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

"Take This Off" is still one of my favorite one-off jokes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

mikeycp posted:

Here is a thing for non-Facebookers.

This is surreal to me, so I can't imagine how Griffin must be feeling about all of this going on. Jesus.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Never realized just how many shows they had until now.
https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/695662724533981184

Jesus.

e:
Also, cuck. There was one for gay a few days ago, but I guess that doesn't work anymore.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Haha, holy poo poo. I never realized how much I missed word filters.

Waffleman_ posted:

I was confused for a bit because I had forgotten.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jct5FOG9AE

I always get nervous that one of these days, hes going to stick an Amiibo in his mouth, and then won't be able to get it back out or something.

Also, I really enjoy the new segment. Great job!

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 5, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

kmzh posted:

Which Travis was totally right about, too. Projectionists gently caress up matting all the time. Though less so nowadays with digital.

To the point that the screen would be showing boom mikes and cables? I understand messing up the projection, but to Justin's point, why would that stuff have been filmed in the first place?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Huh. I always knew there was usually something beyond what we're shown on video, but I always thought the theaters got a final cut of things, and that the film itself was blocked that way and had nothing to do with projection setup. I never knew!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Night of the Museum.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Watching anything on Polygon that doesn't have Justin or Griffin involved is a mistake.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I'm so upset that Griffin had a character called Boyland and killed him off without him doing anything outside of his introduction scene, talk about a waste of a name.

Not necessarily. Just because he's crystallized doesn't necessarily mean he's dead. He already got rid of Barry Bluejeans, he can't kill off Boy Land.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Maybe it's because I'm on my phone, but I can't see anything here. What am I looking for?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Griffin shouldn't be posting spoilers to his own shows. Really putting the cart before the horse here.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Really glad he's finally taking some safety precautions.

Also, the Kung Fu Panda 3 ad on the fake Polygon article was a nice touch.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Sleeveless posted:

How the hell are the bros so far behind on jumbotron messages. Like, assuming it's not just a bit just spend some extra time working through the backlog, I'd be pissed if I dropped a c note on an anniversary present and it arrived five months late.

I mean, they're pretty up front about them being super late these days.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Beard Yawn posted:

Do you want to listen to twenty minutes of inside jokes that the brothers have no loving clue about in every episode?

Absolutely not. Hearing them do even a few minutes of nonsensical phrases is bad enough.

Plus, nothing's ever going to beat "keep vibing it and keeping it tight, hit me on my mobile".

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I cancelled my donation because I fell on some hard times at work, but I still got this years bonus content? I'll probably donate again this year now that I'm on better footing, but dang they're kinda bad at this thing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

myron cope posted:

My confession on the greatjob thing is I didn't/don't think it was very funny but everyone else seems to think it's the greatest thing they've ever done

I don't think it's funny, but I do think it's pretty fascinating that a man that is very much in the public eye right now is getting a very specific set of celebrities to make a reference to an obscure bit from a donor-supported podcast. He peaked with The Rock, I think, but it's still really interesting to me.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Waffleman_ posted:

Can I complain that Lin has not yet posted a video of Obama greatjobbing Griffin?

Baby steps, man. He's gotta get in all of the weird, specific celebrities first before you jump up to the president. We need, like, Scott Bakula, Tim Curry, probably the cast of Without a Paddle. A whole bunch before the finisher.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

PBS Newshour posted:

i think the final one is actually lin getting griffin to tell griffin great job

Thank Griffin for Griffin.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

flatluigi posted:

Are they playing 5e? I thought they were on 4.

and don't worry I'm well aware of those people you don't have to go over it

They confirm they're playing 5 a few times in TTAZZ, and Travis and Griffin discuss the differences between the two a few times as well.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
They're also apparently getting sent free 5e poo poo from Wizards of the Coast, so yeah, probably no significant system changes in the near future.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
3 from TAZ, and what looks like 8 from MBMBaM, including MSMSaM, plus some other stuff.

e: Also, finally got around to listening to MSMSaM yesterday after basically forgetting it exists, and it's still pretty good even though none of them are 100% familiar with the format. You can basically tell which one each is married to by their senses of humor, it's sort of weird.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I seriously suggest checking out a few more shows on the network to get a bit more out of it as well. Don't check out the bonus episodes first, but check out, like Stop Podcasting Yourself or Judge John Hodgman, and then if you like them, check out their donor episodes. They're always worth it to me, and I'd probably donate more than $5 a month if I had a better job.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
IIRC, with Extreme Restraints, they also had to keep changing to coupon code because it had been being used by too many people or something. Like, they kept getting posted online on pages that had nothing to do with MBMBaM and over-used, so they had to change it more or less week to week. But yeah, there's only so many jokes one can make about putting a dick in a cage.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Yes but regardless of how many dick cage jokes ged made I would rather hear many many more iterations of a dick prison joke from Griffin than fresh new ad content for another goddamn podcast done by "best friends just hanging out" or half the other poo poo they advertise for.

I enjoy those from sort of an anti-comedy standpoint because I like to hear them struggle to think of anything significant to say outside of the ad copy.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Who cares what dumb box people order? If they want to order a box with a pre-measured meal or a small bag of snacks, who cares? Chase your bliss and all that.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

detectivemonkey posted:

They need to release a monster factory or something so we have something to talk about besides this.

We can talk about the wonderful commitment to the bit that they didn't repeat a bit on Goofbusters 2. It's really great to me, and people are still commenting on their Facebook saying, like, "No, seriously, you did. Just listen!".

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Isn't it still pretty heavily moderated by Travis?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Sleeveless posted:

The internet is full of wet shaving guides where a dude spends half an hour making his own lather with a badger brush and taking 5 passes over his face and still has visible stubble at the end, it's great.

I think the brothers themselves have said that they enjoy the occasional wet shave, but that it's long and basically just for the nice feeling of the lather. Can't remember which episode that might've been, but I'm pretty sure it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Who is the third guy at the end of the new Adventure Zone? There's Magic Bryan, Jenkins and a third one. Was it the guy they killed in GoldCliff and then threw their body off said cliff?

Wasn't it Big Jerry?