Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I mean, all of these characters basically sounded exactly the same, though. I think the one that got dropped off the cliff is the correct answer. I just didn't remember the name was Barbara, and wasn't Big Jerry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Guy Mann posted:

Ruling a Facebook fan group with an iron fist is kind of silly but whatever.

If it's between allowing all posts and moderating all posts, I'd rather the latter, because, as Waffleman said, it'd be all just horse pictures and haunted dolls and poo poo. If that's what you want to do, make your own unofficial discussion group. This thing is basically their entire presence on the internet, so I can't say I blame them for tightly managing what gets published.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Roach Warehouse posted:

I'm not normally one to dump on McElroy adjacent peeps, e.g. other Polygonners or other Max-Fun shows in the thread, but I figured I'd watch one of Nick's gameplay overviews since I like him on Coolgames inc.

I got bored about three minutes in because it was pretty dry/ a 'proper' discussion of the game. Then I switched a griffin and Justin one and immediately started laughing when Justin faked VR-motion sickness. So I guess what I'm saying is these dudes know what I like.

Presenters very obviously enjoying what they're presenting makes a pretty big difference, and that's why I think the McElroys shine. Griffin's never really trying to show necessarily accurate gameplay videos, but show that you can have fun in a game, which is important.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Wasn't it his first time going to a live match, though? Like, can you blame the guy for being pretty excited?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yho4n643iO0

I wonder if Travis frequently paints his nails black or if he was just getting in the spirit of getting his tattoo.

I went back to last year's tattoo video to see how drastically Travis has changed since moving to LA, and he's wearing black nail polish in that as well. Weird.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
After I got bored of that Stardew Valley video, I skipped to the end to see if Justin every ended up finding the fun. I get the feeling he didn't.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I have one called "Judge John Hodgman", but the "judge" in this case is a verb rather than a noun. People call in to judge some part of John Hodgman's life that they find quirky and off-putting. It gets confused for the real show a lot.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Any joke we come up with couldn't possibly best Griffin suddenly coming up with "Take This Off" over Justin's Tybee Island shirts.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd think a college professor would be able to catch on to a scam like that.

Maybe he set it up specifically to see if the students would try to enact the scam, and was planning on giving them all 15 points if they actually attempted it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
TAZ Classic was kinda rough at first, too. I think Travis has a good imagination, and things will get better as he grows as a DM. I'm looking forward to it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Spaced God posted:

So if I want to get into TAZ, do I have to start from episode 1? Or do they reset the campaign from time to time?

To add to the throng of "Start from the beginning", please do, but also be aware that there is a pared down version of episode 1 that I think cuts out a lot of the character creation and rules expalining. So if you're not necessarily new to D&D and want to cut straight to the story, there's a decent enough place to start. It's how I did it, and I've been hooked since about last July.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Lots of haters with big mouths in this thread. Not sure I'm liking the subtext of bigotry towards small mouths.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

PBS Newshour posted:

Except for the Boy Mayor who is a bad person

Were you RazOgg? Did he break your heart?

e: Boy Mayor of Second Life is my favorite, BTW.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Scudworth posted:

Justin has been on the asmr train for some time now, Travis needs to get his own creepy poo poo going.

I thought Justin's "true thing you thought was a joke" was his Jimmy Buffet lifestyle. Or maybe Fushigi.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Toaster Beef posted:

That's silly, because Justin dads about as hard as any dad has ever dadded and the Jimmy Buffet thing is a critical component of that masterpiece.

It's just concerning to see the progression, though. In the span of 6 short years, Justin has gone from being someone making fun of Buffet dads, to being a Buffet dad himself. He's still funny, and TIBaS is seriously one of the best things on the internet, but his lifestyle choices otherwise are just concerning.

Tempo 119 posted:

Whoa it was Rileigh picking out the t-shirts the whole time

"She was six or seven at the time"
This transformation has been happening since before the show started. Tragic.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Meowjesty posted:

Travis is the podcast king. He's in and producing every podcast in the world.

Listener Supported Podcast King, maybe. The true Podcast King is Paul F Tompkins, and I won't hear otherwise.

But yeah, Travis is all over the place now. I hope he doesn't end up wearing himself down with all of this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Boy Land's death was an unjust travesty.

"An Unjust Travesty" sounds like it could be a new venture between Justin and Travis. But maybe stylized like "An UnJust Travisty".

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Did Downzo make an appearance, or is he just made up by the artist?

Also, didn't Upsy have a big red nose? I basically pictured him looking like Mr. Bucket.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'm saying that I don't remember Downzo at all. Upsy I have very clear memories of, but none at all of Downzo. No joke.

e: Am I the one who's gone insane? Am I also missing a joke?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I could've sworn he gave a visual description of Upsy, though. So that's my fault. Sorry.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

flatluigi posted:

I hate whichever one of you mentioned forever ago that the flophouse ad sounds exactly like one dude doing three different voices because I'm still slowly catching up to current MBMBAMs and it's all I can think of whenever it comes up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx4ZSQCXAa0

If Elliott Kalan didn't have the voice of a cartoon character, it wouldn't be so bad.

My favorite Travis bit is always going to be the Mango cult. His one-liners are pretty killer sometimes, but that bit and his following commitment to it is one of my favorite moments in the show.

"It's like you've discovered some new color somewhere between red and orange."
"It's called Mango."

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhDDwvAhfGw

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Justin and Griffin are just more present. Justin's best remembered for his long bits (Amelie, Glass Shark, etc...), and Griffin for his reactionary dialogues (Torsey, Cracker Barrel, etc...). Travis has always been quietly a master of the well-placed one-liner.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Griffin is an ideas man, while Justin is all about execution. Griffin wouldn't spend 10 minutes doing Schnowden or Amelie, or looking up facts about Ronald McDonald. Conversely, I can't imagine Juice writing his own DnD campaign. It's a difference in kind.

Also, Justin tends to give the most useful genuine advice, while Travis' is typically just confusing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

omg chael crash posted:

Where is the monster factory

*sobbing* When are they going to get to the Monster Factory?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I want a "you used to be my brother" style rant from Justin about Griffin's vore problem.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Luneshot posted:

I think dogs should be able to vote!

Also I would totally watch a series that's solely Griffin and Justin loving around in Second Life for like ten episodes.

It helps that Justin seems to have a decent amount of in-game dollars to gently caress around with, I assume courtesy of Totino's.

Justin being able to more thoroughly grasp Second Life's intricacies than Griffin is fascinating to me.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I liked the one whose closest approximation to Gex was Shrek, and was about to win until a real-rear end Gex showed up.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Thanks for listening to the last season of MBMBaM. Come back next season for our new show, My 3 Dads.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
One thing I wouldn't be surprised to see is that they might not have the time to do Adventure Zone Nights like they wanted to once the kids are born, but I can't imagine them getting any less funny. Justin only ever talked about being a dad when the question merited it, I can't imagine the other brothers being any different.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I hope this show goes on long enough that they find a Neo Yahoo Answers question that they figure out, over the course of reading it aloud, that it is one of their children.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I thought that game looked kinda cool, but needed an excuse to buy another golf video game. I guess I've found my excuse now.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Roach Warehouse posted:

frankly i found the latest griffin's so-called goofer in poor taste, he violated his journalistic integrity by portraying a phony life and death struggle and the loss of a dear friend also the dark orb graphic was scary

Do you think the dark orb could use Griffin's terminal to bring itself into the flesh world? I hope not, because that'd be incredibly irresponsible of Griffin to leave the terminal unattended like that.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
A pretty safe way to keep your kid from getting wholly devoured by a fandom is to participate in it with them. Being able to talk to them about a thing they like means they won't necessarily have to turn to weirdo strangers on the internet.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Better than Sad Libs as far as recurring segments go, though. I don't know if there are enough fast food press releases to keep this a weekly thing, but I'm enjoying it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I didn't think we could get any higher than The Rock, but goddamn. I think we've reached a peak here unless he can somehow get the loving Pope to say it.

e: Or maybe Edward Shnowden.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
The difference with Lin, though, is that he did it during a interview for the goddamn Tony Awards. That's a lot more public than anybody else's.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
You guys weren't kidding about the audience questions at the NY show. Woof.

John's attempt at giving advice, only to have all 3 brothers shout him down and tell him that's not how it's done, was a highlight for me, though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'm also really enjoying the music for this one. Old west setting and music is absolutely my jam, so I'm excited to see where this goes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

lets hang out posted:

Did he post the map anywhere

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/743478951712948224

e:Oh, geezers. Way beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
If I had to guess, each beat they have to hit will probably extend the time they have to solve the overall problem.