Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/1362402344428851201

I think both Griffin and Justin are without power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

I imagine this going very much like the Al Roker interview, only stretched for an hour.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1362547509869105154

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
There was an episode of Dragon Friends where they took a detour to something that was introduced by accident by Ben, the NPC voice guy, and DM Dave still managed to get them where they needed to go. Later, in either the same episode or the 2nd one recorded that day, they went somewhere they weren't intended to go, stayed way longer than that ought to have, and they almost killed 2 party members without Dave doing anything. From a D&D standpoint, it was genuinely a waste of a session, but it made for very entertaining listening. Dave basically let them burn an entire city to the ground, but he still managed to tell the story he needed to tell in that city.

I dipped out of Graduation after Imp Hospital because nothing was clicking with me. Nothing Travis was doing was interesting, and the boys couldn't find much funny in their characters or the world around them.

I wanna be clear that I don't think Travis is an inherently bad GM. I really enjoyed Dust, and Honey Heist was a lot of fun. I just think he took too big a swing with his first try at a full campaign, and he made what feel like first-time DM mistakes. I hope he gets another go at things in the future, after whatever's next.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

um excuse me posted:

This is the guy that makes fun of fast food?

He makes fun of fast food press releases. He basically wants to eat everything he reads about, IIRC.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Shinjobi posted:

I did not like Petals to the Metal but I seriously loved Crystal Kingdom

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person here who actually enjoyed Crystal Kingdom. Glad to know I'm not. Like, I enjoy every arc to some extent, but I feel like Crystal Kingdom and 11th Hour were the show at its best, while everything else was more or less "the show finding its stride" or "serious endgame stuff".

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Tenik posted:

That is not the picture of a sexpert.

It's the picture of someone who claims they are one, though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Yeah, I last got a haircut before Thanksgiving 2019, and I usually keep it very short. I had let it go for a few months both to sort of see what it looked like, and to save 20 bucks. Now if I pull it out straight, it's down past the base of my neck.

Anyway, Travis' hair is fine, he has some sort of self care regimen that keeps him happy and motivated, so whatever. There's lots of stuff to pick on Travis for without having to mock the way he looks.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Phlag posted:

I know we just got through a long “Travis’ face” derail, but I just saw his Tik Tok for the first time.

He's been posting these to twitter, too, and I'm pretty sure these are all him eating salad.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I was confused why this one was over an hour, and it ends up they have a guestpert this week. I might actually listen this week because I actual like Montaigne a bit.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Jestery posted:

Bigsofttitty is like A wonderful meets Mbmbam fever dream, even better that it is Aussie too

I don't listen to Wonderful, but I have to imagine that it and MBMBaM haven't talked about autofellatio as much combined as any given BST episode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
You can just skip the song, you know. They'll never find out.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
He posted it for progressive pats on the back while also throwing his hands up in the air and going "But I'm not bi! That's for sure! Don't misunderstand!" It's not necessarily bad, but it's really exhausting. And someone finally told him.

He's also posted he's taking a break from Twitter

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Travis is fine, he just doesn't choose his shots. So like, he's pulling his weight in scoring, but his shooting percentage is low as hell, and sometimes he just straight up injures himself jumping somewhere he shouldn't be.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

misadventurous posted:

Some of my favorite McElroy bits are when he drops a stupid (and funny) one-liner and you can hear the poo poo-eating grin in his voice and the others just crack up and call him an idiot. Peak brother energy

One of my personal favorites is Travis actually catching himself for once, and still managing to get a laugh out of it.
https://youtu.be/joOXH2AzTw0

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
The mango cult would become real.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Shinjobi posted:

"Ezekiel, where are my training cards" is still probably one of the funniest bits Justin has ever done

I like Justin's scene the most, but Griffin's "I'm to get-a my butt out" is maybe my favorite thing in the episode.

e: Also, talking sponsored episodes, Tipsy Pete's totino's saga going on as Travis and Griffin yell about his choice of "grocery stores" cracks me up.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I always figured that they do fewer questions and yahoos because they're running out of unique answers to give for them. There's only so many times you can drag someone's relative or friend for having some silly little quirk, and not every yahoo is actionable. They've been going for 10 years with this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Shinjobi posted:

I liked the part when Travis wore a piss shirt to an interview about the trolls movie

IIRC, he changed into the piss shirt before going to the meeting. Because I'm pretty sure it was the same day they went to E3, which is why Justin is wearing a Trolls tie, and Travis is not visibly wearing the piss shirt in the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I finally looked up that Travis clip and I didn't realize at first that he was sitting outside the lobby so that people couldn't start the game until he got his speech in.

e: the clip itself, in case anybody somehow hasn't seen it and thinks maybe the 2 quotes of it are overselling it.
https://www.twitch.tv/chilledchaos/clip/SuperFitDonutKreygasm-5McWOsnJ4bFdvep5

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 22, 2021