Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That is a real good op but you did forget to put a thread tag on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

inthesto posted:

I'm working my way backwards through MBMBaM, and I have to ask, is there some kind of story behind the running Tyra Banks/America's Next Top Model gag?

You should listen to them in order, probably

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Al! posted:

Something tells me Griffin's played Undertale

Griffin is a big, big Undertale fan.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Spaced God posted:

Are their any more episodes of MBMBaM similar to 259 where they just say gently caress it to giving advice and go off the rails talking about growing up? I know that's the exact opposite the whole podcast format but I found that episode to be amazing.

The MaxFun donor bonus episodes where they ask each other advice are probably the closest thing to that.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sleeveless posted:

I wonder if any of the Ethics In Games Journalism crowd is using the fact that Griffin has so many big celebs vouching for him as proof that Polygon is totes corrupt.

They already hate Polygon because there's a lot of articles about women and minorities in gaming on Polygon compared to other sites, and they let women write op/eds sometimes. drat SJWs ruin everything :mad:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I want a supercut of everytime Travis says something like that and the others lose their poo poo and call him an rear end in a top hat or dipshit or something. It happens all the time.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Luneshot posted:

Is the "great job" something from a recent MBMBaM? I haven't been keeping up with the most recent ones because I'm going through the backlog.

Yeah its from Episode 280: Great Job, about a car horn you would use to tell people they were driving well

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

thats basically the mcelroy's "RICK JAMES BITCH" at this point.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is interrobang any good? I'm hesitant to listen to anything where "ranting" is the selling point.

I still have no idea what Interrobang is. It's like they're avoiding just outright saying the premise of the show for some reason.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I had an itunes feed of all the bonus stuff but since reinstalling itunes after a format I cant find it again. There's a page they send you in an email that gets updated every year. Haven't got mine yet either.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mine apparently got deleted, it was in my trash.

Gotta say I didn't like the mbmbam bonus too much. It was basically an hour of them apologizing for telling jokes on a comedy podcast. The first few episodes are still hilarious to this day and they're acting like they were just horrible bigots when the worst thing they ever really did was talk poo poo about furries, which I really think they've apologized enough for since then.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

User-Friendly posted:

It exists, it's called My Brother, My Brother, and Me.

This is so far from reality it's not even a funny joke, like there's maybe ten episodes out of almost three hundred where he really talks about pokemon for any satisfying length of time.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I just listened to the new episode and I definitely didn't hear any repeated questions from last week. Did you maybe get a corrupted file?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If it wasn't for mbmbam I would be unaware of just how many pointless Internet product subscription services there are.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If it's a company that claims to "disrupt the (product) industry" or "change the way people get (product)" they're probably dumb as poo poo and they probably advertise on podcasts.

It's funny how these hip new startups are always basically Netflix, but for food/underwear/mattresses/wine/etc.

e: Blue Apron makes me so loving angry

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The worst one was that sketch as hell Cash Texts thing but that's not a 'regular' spot, it was only on one episode

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

One of my biggest issues with stuff like Blue Apron is that it's marketed to a very specific type of person - younger, affluent, yet sheltered, because they can afford to pay a premium to have other people do things they don't know how to do themselves, via the internet, rather than using that same internet to learn how to do/make whatever product they're buying. This person also, often paradoxically so, likes to think of themselves as 'ahead of the pack' because they rely on Internet services rather than 'brick and mortar' services, which are seen as part of the establishment. They're participating in an economy of such extreme privilege that they're paying Internet people to send them the basic staples of self-sufficiency and adulthood while at the same time getting to think of themselves as socially advanced people.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

flatluigi posted:

Darn young people, why can't they just already know things and do everything themselves instead of using a bit of their money for minor conveniences.

Really, the best way to learn how to do things is to just pay other people to do them for you. It's like a mommy that never asks you to help out around the house.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Isn't the point of blue apron that you do the actual cooking yourself?

I'm sure there's a startup working on that right now. Disrupt!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Well amazon doesn't sell raw meat and vegetables, I don't think. And getting some Domino's delivered doesn't come with the free back pat of getting to say you cooked a meal.

I guess as a first step into providing for oneself, anything that gets people fresh out of college off of takeout and totinos is good. To me it just seems like a ridiculous extravagance. To paraphrase a McElroy the problems solved by Blue Apron and the rest are so white you could cut holes in them and wear them as a Halloween costume.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Toxxupation posted:

it does, that's what amazon prime direct does

Whoa that's pretty messed up

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Well this is really losing the point of what I said in the first place, being able to get groceries delivered isn't the same thing as a subscription service that plans your meals for you and sends you everything you need to do it short of turning the oven on for you

And it doesn't excuse all the other dumb subscription services advertising on maxfun shows either

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's what I'm saying, if you want to learn how to cook the internet is right there. You're already using the Internet to order the blue apron. You can learn whatever you want on there.

Picking out a meal, learning the recipe, and buying what you need for it is absolutely different than just waiting for the box to come in the mail and following the instructions. The whole thread was bagging on these stupid Internet companies but when I articulate exactly why they're stupid all of a sudden the whole thread thinks they're awesome and rad

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I said all that poo poo about Internet companies but I'm gonna be honest if there was one that sent me a new crazy strain of weed every month I would subscribe to that

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sorry everyone

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Can you post it here for those of us who refuse to even think about Facebook

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

People don't know how to react when something is funny so they just parrot the words back at their creators. Im sure theres some unofficial McElroy fanpage somewhere if you really want to be submerged in a cesspool of horse pictures and people saying "just like Bart" five times a second

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Why do we fall, Griffin?

To learn to pick ourselves back up.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Adventure Zone isn't game of thrones, it's not even a Final Fantasy game, it's like the old Saturday morning Dungeons and Dragons cartoon but with a lot of swearing and plant sex. You're listening to the wrong podcast if you want dramatic stakes and people dying left and right

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

White people

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Between Worcestershire, lip zipping, and zebras being horse minstrel shows Travis is the funniest brother. He just doesn't talk as much so it's easy to forget.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Justin is way too likely to run a joke right into the ground. Hes better about it lately but he still drops the Shnowden voice in years after it stopped being funny.

There's an old episode where he keeps bringing up this "Vaseline /water ratio" joke that I always skip because it's so viciously not funny and he seriously drops it like ten times over the course of the hour. Griffin is usually pretty good at clamping down on that poo poo.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mikedawson posted:

Please kinkshame Griffin.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

flatluigi posted:

either way it's a good idea to rein it back some imo before every podcast the mcelroys do have A Vore Episode or three

At this point I think everything that Griffin is involved in has already done A Vore Episode. I don't listen to Rose Buddies so hopefully his wife keeps him in line on that one.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

No windows, no doors, no walls, don't do it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

well why not posted:

Did you guys spot Bride Goku? Possibly the best party guest, behind 'spinning the gently caress out unicorn' and 'car'.

Scholars are going to be analyzing the Second Life Re-Election Party for months. There was some poo poo at that party. I did like the girl with the fairy wings that were pot leaves.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Was pretty nice to see Raz Ogg show up at the party. Also the naked man floating through the sky was named Barry Bluejeans.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Spaced God posted:

Clint is doing a comic review show while wearing a labcoat and I'm pretty okay with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQLxqRbPl9k

This is absolutely delightful

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Conrad_Birdie posted:

this is all I could think. Amazing that he kept this bit up, even with babies.

Yeah this is an amazing level of commitment to a bit. Griffin is the Andy Kaufman of podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If you're worried about dad talk go back and listen to Glass Shark, Justin opens up the show with some dad anecdotes and still is extremely funny. That is one of the best episodes of the entire podcast too.