Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

So Griffin is also flexing his podcast biceps further

quote:

Here's something I'm very excited to announce: a weekly comedy podcast right here on Polygon from [Nick Robinson] and Griffin McElroy! It's called CoolGames Inc, it's very dumb, and we hope you subscribe on iTunes.

Here's the pitch: each Friday, Griffin and I take your one-line ideas for video games turn one of them into a full-blown, idiotic design doc, all before bringing on a special guest to evaluate our work. It's stupid, but it's a lot of fun, and we think you'll enjoy it.

In our first episode, we explore the harrowing world of Grandma Wants It Al Dente, the world's first SmartGlass-enabled pasta roguelike.

Episode downloading to phone as I type this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Silentman0 posted:

What I love most about Cool Games Inc. is that there's some genuinely good game ideas in there. A co-op/counter-op RPG where another player controls the difficulty of the dungeon? A Trauma Center x Twinkle Star Sprites game where how good you are puts poo poo your opponent's field? Sign me right the gently caress up.

There's CRAWL where one player controls the hero & up to three others control the monsters, and it is wicked fun.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

"Now it's time for this quick brown fox to jump into my lazy mouth."

Also that image for Peppy looked... not wholesome.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

God dammit Brad.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

If it weren't for the brothers, I doubt I would hear the phrase "gaping rear end in a top hat" often or even at all in my regular daily life.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Lin-Manuel Miranda's and Travis's cheer-off on twitter just resulted in The Time Belt getting linked. This is amazing.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I started listening to MBMBaM from what they had up on Maximum Fun and onwards, and some good early episodes I remember are Peepum's Nastygum, Thorwatch 2011, Spaghettageddon (as mentioned previously), Giant Scott Bakula, Pizza Roll Suicide and The Lion, The Witch and the Boyskinz.

As an aside looking at my playlist of MBMaM episode titles brings me the greatest of joys in life.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

my first thought was "what the gently caress is Weird Al doing there"

my second thought was, after the second time I rewound the trailer, "why is there 5 minutes worth of what-the-gently caress packed into a minute's worth of trailer"

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Is the episode uploaded to youtube or something? They showed it at 2 AM, and I missed it.

You can still catch it on the seesotv facebook account, I know I just streamed it no problems mere minutes ago.

It was Good.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I hope someone does something illegal, and soon.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/844159924905136128

That rear end is SO gonna be ruined

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

This is an A+ authentic wrestling event, from the announcers not knowing their moves/not calling the action in favor of silly banter, to commercial break/technical difficulties in the middle of a match. I am amused.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

RIP Turbovicki, and by extension, us all

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Anyone have any goofs they get stuck in their head? I can't stop thinking about the phrase "let's get that kickstarted, and let's get that dick started!"

Ray Donovan's quest to fix his father's toilet, Hulk Hogan tearing assholes apart and Fugue For Brotherhorns, most recently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rX8w-u4-0

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Just caught up with TAZ

I'm not tearing up with a smile at this dumb gay D&D podcast, you are

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

The newest Monster Factory is a god drat masterpiece and I would watch an entire series of Griffin slamming his head against the myCareer-mode of NBA 2k17

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

So the TAZ finale

aww geez, oh heck :unsmith:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Big Agri genetically modified me into a sexy dog-human hybrid.

Not sure if you should be allowed to vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/999352904854188032

Clint literally retiring to make a career out of playing nerd games is the greatest thing