Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Step 1) Travis moves to LA

Step 2) Travis does a fantasy football podcast

Step 3) ???

Step 4) The St. Louis Rams move to LA

Travis McElroy brought the NFL back to LA, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Griffin is so awesome that I'm only like 40% joking when I tell her that if we have a son we should name him Griffin

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The robot stuff was incredible. What else can I say about the McElroys. I would definitely listen to their 40....ish episode podcast about presidents

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

gently caress I can't listen to all this new poo poo when I'm still going through old episodes of MBMBAM for the second time

That Polygon podcast sounds rad.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea between being a dad and MBMBAM stuff doesn't Justin actually have a fairly serious title at Polygon? Like, some level of management not just some writer anymore? I imagine of all the bros he probably has the least free time by far.

This page has him as "editor-at-large". Whatever that means? He is the 4th person listed there though.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

He had a different position until recently that was more boss-like, I think he wanted to move away from that though. I can't remember what it was.

I thought he was managing editor but after seeing the page I thought I made it up. Maybe I was right?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

flatluigi posted:

Also seriously if you haven't picked up the Hamilton cast recording you really should, it's almost been the only music I've listened to since it came out.

I did listen to it today and it's pretty great.

I wonder how racist Founding Father worshipers handle his show. I'm guessing not well.

I also hope he EGOTs because he is awesome and EGOT is fun.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

This is both 1) a cool song and 2) reminiscent of MBMBAM* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0HZUatZtXI

*not that MBMBAM is the only place where anyone talks like that, but LMM clearly likes MBMBAM...

Anyway just listen to the soundtrack, it's good

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Holy poo poo Griffin's goofers is amazing

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Travis's "I feel nothing" killed me.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Al! posted:

I can't believe I'm asking this but is there a way to stream the latest season of the Bachelor online?

You can watch it on Hulu

http://www.hulu.com/search?q=the+bachelor

Well, some of it at least.

E: I'm listening to Rose Buddies and have not watched The Bachelor this season or ever and I'm enjoying it.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I didn't get a password what the poo poo

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I pretty much lost it at the quinoa bit.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

My confession on the greatjob thing is I didn't/don't think it was very funny but everyone else seems to think it's the greatest thing they've ever done

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I know we're talking TAZ right now but I did want to make it clear that Lin-Manuel Miranda doing his greatjob stuff is incredible, it was specifically the podcast bit I didn't care for. It's not even that, I just think most everything else they've done recently has been better and for that to be the one thing that really seems to have stuck is weird. But part of that is also, I'm sure, that LMM is big on it.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

MeUndies are pretty good. I bought one pair just to try it out and now I want more. Not super excited about spending $80 on 5 pairs or whatever, which is the only reason I haven't already ordered more.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

FutonForensic posted:

Given Griffin's past history of remembering character voices, it's entirely possible he could just be screwing it up too.

That video led me to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O95acXiwt4k which may be the funniest bit they've done on TAZ

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

Ruling a Facebook fan group with an iron fist is kind of silly but whatever.

Which one are you, Chris Golden or Alex K. Rich

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I felt the petals to the metal and this crystal kingdom one were both dragging at the end. I enjoyed them, but kinda wished they moved quicker. I may or may not have already posted that ITT

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Where the hell is Griffin's Amiibo corner anyway. Surely he's out of jail by now

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Oh no :ohdear:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Spaced God posted:

I think at the end of the day the best person Lin can get to "GreatJob" the McElroys is just Lin himself :shobon:

Nah the actual best is in fact Scott Bakula. Lin is a close second though.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Why does everyone get so fired up about spoiler tags around here?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I listen to the moneyzone on the first listen through, but the jumbotron is such annoying bullshit that I can't handle it. I usually skip that and whatever maxfun ad they play after. They do their best to make the jumbotron appealing but I just can't

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

dijon du jour posted:

But you can't just skip the MBMBaM jumbotron every time because every once in a blue moon you get something like the Myspace callout and it is so beautiful and perfect it makes up for every other boring one.

Except for the The Adventure Zone jumbotron. You can safely skip that one. The only thing more inscrutable than regular in-jokes are in-jokes based on DnD campaigns.

I actually heard that one, I guess maybe I skip if it sounds lame? I dunno. I don't usually listen.

And I don't listen to any moneyzone stuff for TAZ despite loving Griffin. Since it's just him there isn't really a chance for great goofs so I just skip it all

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I haven't listened to Greatest Generation, but I think that's the show with John Roderick in the ads. Which made me think John Roderick was on the show.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I'm not even sure what you guys are talking about anymore but where is this week's mbmbam???

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

They talked about Ray Donovan so much it made me think Showtime (or Starz??) paid them

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

New MBMBAM is on the feed :woop:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Lumbermouth posted:

Absolutely lost it at the Jock Jams saloon piano suite.

That was really really good

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

While we're talking about older episodes, Griffin sounds... Weird in older episodes. I don't know if it's a microphone thing or he actually talks differently, but he sounds quieter I guess.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think this week's mbmbam was a real good one, they seemed goofier than usual (if that's possible). They also seemed to really be enjoying themselves talking about the 'lympos

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

So you can just listen to the podcast without any context and enjoy it? How the heck does that work, do they do a decent rundown if what happened each ep?

Yeah. I feel like I get a decent approximation of the show(s) without having to sit through them. I don't have a group of people to watch with, which is apparently the preferred method of watching.

Plus more Griffin is always better.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I was walking around Sheetz today and randomly thought of "Chobani Hell" and it cracked me up. Well, that's my MBMBAM story for the day

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Paul F Tompkins owns and if he was on MaxFun I'd listen to his show. Wait. Does he have a podcast?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Griffin asking for the backstories should have been an interlude episode. It feels a little less meaningful when we just learned about these defining things 5 minutes ago. I'm not saying it was a bad episode, I enjoyed it.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think you mean niiiiiiiccceeeee

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I have no idea what that comic means or what any of you people have posted since the comic. Am I good?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Griffin says "sort of" too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Got some dog mail for ya, Ron.

Justin saying "tell him he can gently caress clean off" still cracks me up every time I hear it. It cracked me up just typing it now.