Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Crisco Kid posted:

And Justin muttering, "Inaccurate," under his breath.

This was so loving funny. I almost didn't hear it he was so quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

That Justin video was good. I liked his Long December in the beginning. That dragonquest builders game looks kinda cool and I didn't hear anything about it but it's Playstation only and I don't have one of those :(

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

inthesto posted:

I think the music Griffin adds in the later episodes goes a long way towards aiding the tonal shifts that the story goes through. If it were just Griffin narrating the somber moments immediately after a goof, it wouldn't work nearly as well.

His music is usually really good, but my (unrelated) complaint is that I'm almost 100% of the time listening to TAZ while driving, and the music most times gently fades in. So I frequently panic and think "oh god what is that noise my car is going to explode...oh, music"

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Was a new Adventure Zone supposed to be out yesterday?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Oh I guess that makes sense. I thought it was coming out in between weeks of the regular show but that wouldn't really give them a break, would it? Which was the stated purpose

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

That TAZ was both fun and boring. It feels like they've been doing it for so long but it's only been what, 3 episodes? So I was almost done with it but the part at the end was cool enough that I'm back in. I still think Griffin says "sort of" too much when he describes things and I can't stop noticing it and it really is starting to make me enjoy it less, even though in reality it's a non-issue.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Bobulus posted:

It's a fun idea, but unless he does a bunch of offscreen grinding, is it feasible? I vaguely thought rogue stealth was level-based, in that higher level enemies had a higher chance of breaking it.

I don't think it is feasible, no. Not without a lot of corpse running. If you watch, at the end that spider has like a 400 yard aggro radius because the character is such a low level. I still thought it was funny and I'll watch it, but I'm not sure it's going to work so well

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Holy poo poo that fushigi video. I think the CRJ song was perfect.

Also did they make up all of that flavortown stuff or was it based on something in pop culture that I'm not aware of? It was super funny either way and it felt original but they just kept going and going

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I miss Stonerz Nation :( Griffin does too many other videos I guess (Phil said on twitter that they'll do more when the new expansion comes out)

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I didn't quite get to the end of this week's episode but I hope whenever we get to a finale it's satisfying to me because there is so much poo poo that's happened like a year ago at this point that I have no chance of remembering more than like 10% of it. The episodes are all usually spectacular but I don't know that I'm really going to appreciate the overarching story. I may have to start over and listen to everything in a row for it to all really work.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Tears In A Vial posted:

The $10 donation for the MaxFunDrive will get you one of these pins:

http://maximumfun.org/images/MaxFunDrive17-10.5.jpg

I'm gonna upgrade my donation, but I'm torn between the MBMBaM, SawBones and the GreatestGen pins.

Gotta be the MBMBaM pin. That greatest gen one is pretty good though.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Change block tracking?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Not that it matters in the slightest, or that I'm trying to invalidate someone's real feelings, but I have seen "taako" so much that it's become distinct from "taco" to where I don't even think of them being the same thing. So when I read somewhere Please let Lup be short for chalupa I thought like, yeah, that'd be a funny name, but not at all for its relation to the taco.

Also that Adventure Zone Knights theme is super duper good.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Peacecraft never really could work, he got about all of the funny stuff he was going to get out of it.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Holy poo poo to this point I didn't even know it was possible to commit warcrimes with just pop tarts but here we are

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I'm going to have to listen to TAZ again from the beginning because there is so much I have no memory of at all. As far as I can remember, the first mention of "Lup" was like two episodes ago.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

It would be cool if Griffin laid out everything he had planned/thought out (even if it didn't come out that way in the story), but at this point that seems like it would take forever and be of marginal value.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

These episodes of TAZ have been real boring. I don't give a single poo poo about the system, I'm just bored.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I'm listening to episode 1 again (TAZ) and Barry Bluejeans almost had the most D&D fantasy name ever, Sildar Hallwinter

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I like Griffin talking about eating the flowers

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

timp posted:

Has anyone else noticed that Griffin has been using the word "folks" a lot recently? Like in the past week, maybe two weeks

Yes. He won't say "people" or "guys" or anything but "folks" basically. And he says "sort of" (in TAZ, at least) constantly too.

Im going to get run out of the thread soon.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is this basically the Maximum Fun thread as well? I know other network shows get talked about from time to time, but I don't think I've really seen anyone here post about The Greatest Generation that much. Does anyone listen to it?

I think it's pretty good. They just put out a bonus episode about Crimson Tide which I thought was also pretty good.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

This latest TAZ arc is really bumming me out. I used to enjoy this show so much but now I'm just wondering when it will be over.

I still get enjoyment out of it but this current arc got so heavy. I'm hoping there's a payoff that makes this worth it but with Griffin "probably two more episodes" McElroy it will be another 3 months before it finishes. I was probably most hyped when they built up toward the finale but now they're just off in BS history land. I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Maybe it is the rules I'm not liking. They've used their version of D&D rules for so long and did so well with them that switching like this seems bad. The Barry and Lup thing was cool I guess but at the end of the day I don't really give a poo poo about those two.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

TAZ gets worse the more it tries to be serious. I'm listening from the beginning again and the Rockport Express stuff is just non-stop goofs. I still listen to the new ones and enjoy them a bit (and they still have funny parts) but it will be nice when it ends.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I still don't super love the stolen century Arc of the adventure zone but I guess if they did a regular D&D arc we'd still be on like year 4 of the cycle. It obviously did need to be told though.

I think all of TAZ is better when you binge it (at least now that it's not like 90% jokes). I remember Pedals to the Metal seeming like it took forever and on a re-listen it seems way shorter. I guess Crystal Kingdom will be the real test.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Was Hodgepodge the part where Justin freaked out about Griffin almost not letting him use his History stat? That was very funny

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

So is that wine place that was on the moneyzone today on its third name?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

New URL, but it's still Winc (Formerly Club W)

Weird, for some reason I remember a third name (I remember "<old name> is now Club W") but maybe they had a similar sponsor or something and I'm just confusing the two

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Whatever happened to Phil Kollar, the hearthstonerz videos were good

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

Don't think Griffin ever said anything but he did have a really bad time in the last Hearthstone video he did. Phil was on holiday so he got Russ (I think, not going to look it up) who doesn't seem as knowledgeable, it was the last boss battle of the new adventure and it turns into an hour long video of Griffin just slogging through this fight. At the end he just seems thoroughly done with HS. Then I think Griffin was also just really busy in general since he had loads of video series ongoing.

Interesting. With the Nick Revelation and with the new Hearthstone expansion coming out next week, maybe it's time to dip back in

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Man this mbmbam was almost unlistenable with how down Justin and Griffin sounded

No just kidding of course they did an episode this week and sounded fine

Griffin twice did a Borat "my wife" almost under his breath and it was great.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Also I finally refound the greatest Final Yahoo today, so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbxqaid1EcI

Ahaha I don't remember that one. Real good.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

They sure spent 15 minutes at the end telling Twitter to shut up. The internet ruins everything

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Why does Griffin exclusively say "folks"? Is saying "people" wrong? I'm behind on what's ok to say and what's not these days

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Erwin posted:

Boy, Griffin really leaned into the Griffin-speak this week on MBMBaM, huh? I usually enjoy the purposeful mispronunciations and weird sentence cadence, but it's like he was doing a Griffin McElroy impression and emphasizing it. I still enjoyed the episode though v:shobon:v

He does this all the time now. If we're talking about the same thing, which is the same kinda voice he does when he talks about "South Park humor" (for example). It was a once-in-a-while voice before but now his "normal" voice only seems to come out a little

If that's not what you were talking about then that is what I'd like to suggest.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

da beeper king BABY posted:

I've been out of the McElroy loop for a while and I don't know if I'll ever finish the first arc/season/whatever of TAZ, but have they said anything about the next arc yet? LIke who'll be DMing or when it starts?

Clint/superhero theme/fate system/next week? I think next week at least

E: :argh:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Ojjeorago posted:

I was very upset when Justin gave teengoogle.com to Still Buffering because that was the URL I used to access MBMBAM.

Just use the best one, http://fartpatrol.com, instead

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I guess Adventure Zone is tomorrow but honestly I thought it was supposed to be last week again. I thought it was one setup, then regular, then back to biweekly. Did I make that up or did they delay for reasons? Didn't see it mentioned here.

I think they did say this before they did the setup episode, i remember hearing it too. In the live show ep maybe? Then on the actual setup episode there wasn't mention of it and they said two weeks.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I started listening to Uhh Yeah Dude finally after it came up in this thread so many times. It is really good. I am very sad that it took like 550 episodes before i even knew it existed and another 60 before i actually listened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I haven't finished today's episode yet but what I've listened to so far has not been good.

Oh well, i guess even the brothers can have a bad one every once in a while.