Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
e: wrong thread

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

mikeycp posted:

Is one of the McElroys on it??

:argh: thought I got that edit in before anyone saw it!!

Did remind me that I gotta listen to the new Nick Robinson and Griffin podcast, though. I don't get why Griffin/Justin can't just make a normal goddamn video game podcast, but I guess they used to do one at Joystiq so maybe it's just tread ground for them?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

Now Lin-Manuel got Rock "The Dwayne" Johnson to tell Griffin that he's doing a great job.

great job https://www.facebook.com/groups/mbmbam/permalink/1011978025507215/

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Alaois posted:

so it's a perfect representation of fighting games

:yeah:

I continue to struggle mightily with Injustice because holy poo poo there are just way too many mechanics and why does every character have like 1400 combos and why does my friend who has only played like 20 hours of this game somehow know all of them :negative:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

goddammit I also thought this was the Giant Bomb thread. we really need a special banner for that thread to confirm that you are in a shitposting-okay zone quaratined from the rest of these fine forums

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Nick Robinson is/was a pretty prolific poster (Babylonian) so I'm sure it comes from a place of love

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i'd literally never cooked anything more complex than instant ramen before and i got blue apron and managed to make burgers and stews and pasta and things that i didn't even know existed (gnocchi, what the gently caress, why did no one tell me about gnocchi)

i skip every other week because i can't keep up with the 3/week but it's fun

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Luneshot posted:

Still the greatest segment that podcasting has ever produced

I liked this bit so much I clipped it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKRzq4Jmp74

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

indeed i have been viciously mocked irl for using blue apron by my friends who actually know how to cook and shop

it is my cross to bear

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

razors are also something people find new and inventive ways to get smug about

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i got an nyc ticket, by the time my page refreshed all the orchestra tickets were gone so i got a middle section ticket. it's cool, though, that venue's big but i think you'll be able to see fine from anywhere.

loving crazy that a couple years ago i saw mbmbam in a tiny improv theater in the flatiron district in the front row and now im seeing them in the middle of the same drat venue i saw young thug last week in times square. brothers keep movin up!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

justin talks about being a dad so infrequently that i literally can't remember if he has one kid or two

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

defectivemonkey posted:

Haha, they mentioned there that their contract required they provide some content to the audience only.

interesting, I wonder if John Hodgman reading the Coldplay post is going to be cut out of the NYC show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I started listening to Rose Buddies from the start and by episode two drunk Griffin is having full on meltdowns, it's very fantastic

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Team_q posted:

I would give up every other McElroy podcast if Adventure Zone could be weekly.

you'll pry my rose buddies from my cold, dead hands, bub

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

poor life choice posted:

Is that worth checking out if you don't watch the bachelor/any reality television?

yes, I haven't watched and I'm currently on the second season they've covered and it's great

the Are You the One 3-episode series is probably the best place to start though, I have never been so god damned angry at a bunch of people on a tv show before

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

if the first twenty minutes of the next MBMBAM aren't dedicated to a long-form discussion of the new Carly Rae Jepsen release the boys are dead to me

also here's apple music and spotify links cuz i know y'all gonna go scrambling for em

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I don't know if I'd ever listen to her podcast (I generally am not a big non-comedy podcast person) but I did really like how her show has the only low-key radio ad on the entire MaxFun network. Started to dip into ASMR territory.

I'm kinda glad the brothers had her on as a guest and promote her stuff, though, because otherwise I would have assumed the author of Eat Pray Love was just same boring spoiled white lady and she seems like an actually interesting and very nice person!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

everyone shut up about all that nerd poo poo* because someone on the Facebook group posted this

https://soundcloud.com/shawlsmusic/thunderwall

* I love TAZ but I'm like literally 3 or 4 arcs behind because it requires me to pay so much closer attention than most podcasts and I never feel like I have the effort to listen :smith:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Episode 4 :stare:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

got some ant gel from someone in my building who got it from an exterminator. according to amazon, it's a bait gel that ants take back to their colony that then murders the gently caress out of the colony.

the good news is, according to the many five star reviews, this gel is great at ant murder. the bad news is, according to the also many three star reviews, because it's bait, it draws out literally all of the ants. so you basically put this gel down and then you invite a biblical plague upon your house, just scores and scores and literal layers of ants on top of this gel, and then five days later you have a lot of ant corpses to clean up

so anyways i just bought a hand vacuum on amazon i guess

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I meant to post that in the NYC thread where I had recently talked about my ant problem, but hey, you're welcome, McElroy thread that I never read because I'm super far behind on TAZ and don't want to get spoiled :(

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Just wanted to say, I've been marathoning TAZ for the past couple weeks (I had two 11-hour Amtrak rides, which helped a lot!), having originally left off just at the end of Pedals to the Metal. I listened to all of The Crystal Kingdom and loved it, but man, I'm on the last ep of The Eleventh Hour now, and this poo poo is amazing.

Has Griffin ever released any of his notes or anything? I know there's another episode of The The Adventure Zone Zone that I haven't gotten to yet, but I'd love to know more about how he put this poo poo together, and I'm especially curious about the paths not taken in the town of Refuge. Also can't wait to finish up my listen-through so I can go look at all the fan works and stuff without fears of spoilers (though I did just go all the way back to page 77 of this thread so I could see reactions to the episode I just finished, cuz it was heavy).

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Ariong posted:

Also you might want to not follow the thread until you're caught up since people don't tend to tag their spoilers, especially for old episodes.

I'd been reading this thread this whole time, so I already have a lot of ambient spoiler knowledge, so I'm not too worried (though I do appreciate people continuing to spoiler tag the finale!).

Quick question: Is it safe to wait to listen to the bonus episodes (live shows, plus whatever's on the MaxFun donations page) until after the rest of the campaign? And is there a guide to the donors-only episodes, since they're just tagged "Bonus 2016" or whatever on the site?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I've got an extra ticket for tomorrow's (well, tonight's) MBMBAM show in NYC if anyone wants it!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

um excuse me posted:

And Casper episode. But it does seem a little :tinfoil: to call munch squad a stealth plug. Some things just haven't added up for me yet I guess. Like how they've made jokes about Arby's before yet Arby's goes and tweets about being sad TAZ ended. How do they stay on good terms with all of these corporations they target? Somebody might have a sense of humor but have you seen a corporate marketing team's idea of funny? Yeesh.

https://www.google.com/search?q=daily+show+arby%27s

also the arby's twitter is run by some social media nerd(s) who tweet about everything from nier automata to obscure wrestler catchphrases, you are overthinking this

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Ariong posted:

I only just got around to listening to the lastest episode. God drat that last audience member though. First off, he had the balls to ask the brothers to sit back for a few minutes so he could go toe to toe with lin manuel miranda, and then he tells the best joke of the night!

i was there live cringe cringe cringe cringing my way through that and then his ending loving killed the entire crowd it ruled

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

so when are Lin and Griffin going to the Carly Rae Jepsen concert

alternatively: when does Lin appear as guest GM on Raw and schedule a match between Griffin and Goldust

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I'm pretty sure Jimmy Buffett's monologue about his new record came from one of those recordings press agents send out where an artist answers interview questions with the intention of having a radio host interject their own versions of the questions, but other than that, this is totally excellent

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Pops Mgee posted:

I'm glad they edited out the obnoxious part of one of the audience questions from the Milwaukee show. They asked one of the girls her name and she said "My name is somethings gone wrong" and the brothers all collectively basically told her gently caress you say your name don't get cute.

this is a good goof tbh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

managed to pull two front row tickets for MBMBAM Atlanta! I guess everyone else was hammering the TAZ page. Also got a not-as-good seat for that.

Seemed to go off without a hitch, but there is one fun venue oddity - they let you pick seats for TAZ, but for MBMBAM you had to use the seat finder thingy and take what they found you. Also all of the seats in the whole theater are $37.50 for TAZ and $40 for MBMBAM; well done boys

Zeeman posted:

Well Atlanta TAZ tickets seem to be impossible to get

I see tons of balcony tickets left on the seat map??

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

justin moderated a panel with lin and jimmy on it for some sirius xm thing

doesn't explain travis though

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

atlanta show was a blast, was lucky enough to have front and center seats for TRAVIS'S FUCKIN GUN SHOW

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

That is SO MUCH LARGER than I had imagined

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

nyc taz book event with justin, griffin, and carey was low-key but fun. griffin newman moderated and looks exactly like griffin mcelroy which faked out a hilarious amount of the crowd when they came out one by one. guest voices for the table read were jean grae and fuckin chris gethard, who i somehow hadn't seen before even though i've been to a bunch of nyc comedy things, so that was neat

almost finished the book and it's really good!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

BILLY, NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

you know how one of the problems with podcast ads is that it's hard to track referrals without special urls or codes, which makes it hard to track the effectiveness of an ad

you can tell this is a major issue because somehow every maxfun ad is worse than the last and i cannot imagine one has ever made a single conversion