Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Have the Yakuza streams been archived anywhere?

I didn't know these were a thing. Gonna need to see them.
Help me goons.

(Also the OP has a typo in the sawbones segment- "marital" not "martial."
Also, also great OP. Good production values.
Also, also, also gonna need to know which TAZ character was named after you, kidcoelacanth)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

mikeycp posted:

I'm pretty sure Griffin doesn't have his Twitch set to archive. They may be lost to the ether.

It's pretty astounding how he still completely fails to grasp the how heat actions work.

Okay yeah, I'm watching his second one, which is archived (but only half an hour) and he said something like "I didn't have twitch set to archive last time, sorry."

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

New bartman, DoombatINC, elected.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

MBMBAM, TAZ, Schmanners, Bunker Buddies, Interrobang, Trends Like These, Till Death Do Us Blart, producer/ segment guest on Can I Pet Your Dog.

Did I get everything? That's eight, plus he was formerly a host of In Case of Emergency. I think he produced Wham Bam Pow for a while? Dude's goddamn prolific at any rate.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

doos posted:

I was hoping he'd slip a *greatjob* in during his awesome acceptance rap, but I guess some professionalism is needed

I think you can just make out him doing a "beep beep" car horn motion during Alexander Hamilton behind a dancer around the time Mulligan/Madison raps "dead or destitute."

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Again, it's generally not up to projectionists anymore. Most theaters and studios have gone digital, so the films are just preformatted computer files.

So basically my best bet right now for getting some sweet boom mike shots and/or terrifying Dewey stand-ins is the Hateful 8 70mm?

Also, anyone know where I can find pics of Dewey's creepy double? That bit cracked me up.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

it's on this page

My bad, browsing on my phone with images turned off.

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 17, 2016

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Silentman0 posted:

What I love most about Cool Games Inc. is that there's some genuinely good game ideas in there. A co-op/counter-op RPG where another player controls the difficulty of the dungeon? A Trauma Center x Twinkle Star Sprites game where how good you are puts poo poo your opponent's field? Sign me right the gently caress up.

I'm surprised no one (as far as I know) has made a surgeon simulator style cooking game, even with edible food. Seems like a subject ripe for exploitation. Injuries, poorly cut meat, accidental fires, etc.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The various Polygonners have all seemed a little corny or confused at times, but I appreciate that they've all approached 'not getting' Griffin and Nick's concepts (either of the game, or the show itself) in different ways.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Listening to the first episode of Rose Buddies last night was pretty satisfying since The only episode of the US Bachelor* franchise I've seen is the one where Caitlin sleeps with Nick and Griffin went on a big rant about how the show's narrative seemed to be about punishing her for it and that's messed up.

Also Rachel explained a heap of stuff to the listener that my friend also explained to me when we watched it. E.g. First impression rose almost never wins. So that was neat.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

In other news, I didn't expect this week's Cool Games, Inc to devolve into a series of nested hostile takeovers and double crosses, but I was delighted when it did.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Oompa Loompa Doompity Doo, twenty two slices will kill you!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Yeah I enjoyed the joke well enough, but it wasn't one of my favourites. Plus the way Lin's having people do it is substantially different from the bit as I remember it.

Mostly I'm interesting in seeing the guy who's basically the toast of NYC right now mess with(?) Griffin.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

On a related note:

https://twitter.com/serial/status/710479483862650880

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

flatluigi posted:

Would going through all the donor episodes for the different max fun podcasts be a good intro to the shows? I haven't listened to a single non-McElroy show and at some point I really should I think!
There was a 2015 SPY bonus ep that didn't follow the format of their show (it was a concept they were pitching to the CBC) but is great for sampling their humour. They try to write a hit song in an hour.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Am I going crazy or did they do the same backwards walking mailroom man question last week too?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Scudworth posted:

The lending/loan ads were sketchy and awful, made me wonder if they can refuse sponsors.

I'm pretty sure they have in the past. Jesse at least has talked about turning down sponsors that aren't a fit for the network/ his shows on it. Plus I remember someone (Theresa Thorn?) telling an anecdote about Xtreme Restaints and saying she emailed the brothers like "Is this something you would be comfortable doing?" and they were like "Hell yeah, sign us up."

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Ordering things online: Chase your bliss/ stand in your truth/ no tea, no shade, no pink lemonade.

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get any new Subway Hacks from goofbusters.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I hadn't heard of Flavour of Love before this podcast, and I had assumed maybe it was an attempt to combine the magic of cooking reality shows and dating reality shows or something weird like that.

I was shocked and disappointed.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm so offended by the concept of a moderated Facebook group that I'm going to go back in time and retroactively unlisten to the whole show.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm not normally one to dump on McElroy adjacent peeps, e.g. other Polygonners or other Max-Fun shows in the thread, but I figured I'd watch one of Nick's gameplay overviews since I like him on Coolgames inc.

I got bored about three minutes in because it was pretty dry/ a 'proper' discussion of the game. Then I switched a griffin and Justin one and immediately started laughing when Justin faked VR-motion sickness. So I guess what I'm saying is these dudes know what I like.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Coolgames Inc talk: do they not have netball in the states? I can't believe it didn't come up in a discussion of "basketball with less movement"?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Sivart13 posted:

I love CoolGames, Inc. so much.

I think it's better when a guest fights back against the idea, the Austin Powers episode really tapered off at the end but this one got nicely antagonistic.

I enjoyed all the banter, but honestly, Basketball of the Collosus sounded so dope I was pretty disappointed when the idea strayed away from it.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Toxxupation posted:

I seriously think that most people should go with the extended cut of episode 1, to be honest. It flows well and never really felt bloated. A little unfocused, sure, but unlike say Nerd Poker or Friends at the Table (both of which DESPERATELY needed really ruthless editing just to approach coherency, much less enjoyability), both of which have AWFUL chargen episodes, TAZ's is relatively quick and feels pretty tight, if just a bit goofy.

I dunno. I quit Harmontown when it switched systems, and never actually got into Nerd Poker or FatT (the latter I seriously tried to like and just couldn't). TAZ is pretty much the only DnD podcast I've consistently listened to since Harmontown and definitely in a more specific and repeated way than virtually every other podcast, especially DnD related ones. I've heard every episode of it at least three times over excepting for the current arc, and even there I've listened to the Hodgepodge eps like five or six times already.

Murder on the Rockport Limited might be the best run of podcasts I've ever heard, especially considering it's all constructed narrative over improvisational/nonfiction/comedy work. I seriously cannot think of a single non-fantastic moment of that entire arc. It's astounding.

I didn't really enjoy the extended episode 1. I can't really remember the details, but I found it opened with too much dry rules explanation and/or character sheet summary. Not exactly putting their best foot forward.

Incidentally, if you're after other funny, character focused AP podcasts, I can't recommend Campaign enough. It's a star wars game by a handful of chicago improvisers, it's very funny.

e: Also the bit in Rockport Limited when Justin had everyone focus on the door then swiped the loot is still my favourite bit of the show.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I can't wait for Travis to DM a sad-lib into Adventure Zone Nights.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

None of us realized but we missed a whole Big Gulp themed arc. there was even a character from it present in the "returning bad guys" fight.

He did a great job of editing since no one realized The Vorelock was even there.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

So they read out my Jumbotron on last week's mbmbam. I can't speak for how it sounded to anyone else, but I can confirm that if you have a friend who listens, it's a pretty delightful gift.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Well guess I'm definitely buying this game now.

I know Justin provided some ambient voices for Roundabout, but it seems like just about everyone did. This is great.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

frankly i found the latest griffin's so-called goofer in poor taste, he violated his journalistic integrity by portraying a phony life and death struggle and the loss of a dear friend also the dark orb graphic was scary

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Justin, I love you, but Munch Squad is no Farm Wisdom.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Tara Long didn't say a heck of a lot on the latest Cool Games Inc but her sign-off at the end might have been the funniest part of the episode.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

Four pages of elaborate backstory is Travis as gently caress

"Well, I was born in Raven's Roost..." is my new go-to phrase for joking about overly detailed, irrelevant backstories.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

The radiolab spoof one SPY did was pretty great.

Oh is that what that was? I didn't get the parody but enjoyed it nonetheless.

Also (in a desperate attempt to change the subject) this week's Rose Buddies was great. In his first episode Chad sounded like a fairly entertaining yet harmless jerk, but holy moly based on the next two, dude seems like a total monster.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

SpacePig posted:

I only ever listen to 2 non-McElroy Max Fun shows, are there ads for MBMBaM? I've never heard one. The TAZ ones are definitely the best ads on the network, because they're actually funny in the ad, but JJHo and SPY have had some half-decent ones, too.

They used to have this one where Justin would pretend to be Jimmy Buffet and contrary to how you think that might go, it's just about the worst thing I've ever heard from them.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

padijun posted:

as someone who is way behind on TAZ, can crystal kingdom be skipped? it was super draggy to me, I kind of lost interest after episode 2

I'd recommend at least giving the last two and the interlude a listen, if only for Magnus' most audacious attempt to destroy a relic.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Zeeman posted:

So excited for this

I assume that's about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_StruwFQWyY

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Speaking of Polygon, I've just discovered Besties. This is pretty amazing.

Particularly interesting to hear their fresh opinions on games that have become enduring Things and those that have been largely forgotten.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Which JAA'M is your favourite? I'm quite partial to the orb with a mouth.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I've been really enjoying the Polygon stuff lately, I appreciate that they've apparently decided to double down on weird entertainment videos.

Car Boys is strangely relaxing to watch, the Nuzlocke is the Griffin Let's Play I never knew I needed, and while it's not a McElroy venture per se, I've quite enjoyed the first two episodes of Simone de Rochefort's SEO Play.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

This Candlenights creep is getting worse every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

When will Cool Games Inc create the cooking/racing game that could only be their greatest achievement?

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Sep 4, 2016