Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm pretty sure Griffin doesn't have his Twitch set to archive. They may be lost to the ether.

It's pretty astounding how he still completely fails to grasp the how heat actions work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Roach Warehouse posted:

Okay yeah, I'm watching his second one, which is archived (but only half an hour) and he said something like "I didn't have twitch set to archive last time, sorry."

Oh, ok. I missed the first few minutes of the second one. What I did not miss was him not understanding how to racing heat.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Toxxupation posted:

he doesn't have utter disdain for D & D, he just (rightly) totally loving disregards the total loser grognards who bitch up a storm about how elevators aren't canon in-universe to the podcast that he's literally the writer of

As he should, because the only thing in D&D worse than the mechanics is the stock lore.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

dantheman650 posted:

Anyone remember that mattress company they advertised a few weeks ago? I'm in the market for a new one. Anyone try one? I remember it had a 90-day return policy and they ship it for free.

It was Casper.

https://casper.com/mybrother?cvosrc...ent=landingpage

No clue if they're actually good or not, though.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Any bets on the next McElroy relative to get a podcast?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Clint and the other fathers-in-law.

I would listen to this if it were just them telling embarrassing stories about their kids.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

It is critical that the kids are present and audible for these stories

But not directly mic'd. They have to be the studio audience.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

I love how loving manic the newest Beastcast is, it's just all over the place

Is one of the McElroys on it??

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Here is a thing for non-Facebookers.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

In the comments, they mention that the endgame is Lin just directly giving a shoutout as he rounds out his EGOT when Moana comes around,

Holy poo poo.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

This is a purely hypothetical situation, mind.

But can you imagine?

"And I'd like to thank Griffin, who's doing a great job."

Even better if L2M were to use Griffin's full name.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Cael posted:

Didn't see it mentioned, but Travis announced on the last "Trends Like These" that it'll be joining MaximumFun. I know there were jokes about them making their own network, but if anything it's opposite now. One by one the other MaxFun shows will lifecycle and be replaced my McElroy shows.

So you're saying it'll turn into the...McFun Network?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Whizbang posted:

Nick used to intern for Giant Bomb, they should get some of those guys in. Or actually just have it rotate between Justin and Jeff Gerstmann.

That show is basically made for Vinny to guest on.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Either the person who made me choose, or myself.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

Griffin's previously displayed hilarious Opinions About Pokemon.

He's right about Pikachu being awful. :colbert:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It's all about Joltik.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Thinking of the things they could do with Dungeon World or FATE has me rather hot under the collar.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, not to say I'm not fine with them just sticking with it.

I'm just super excited about the possibility of My Persona, My Persona, and Me.

This. While I would love to see them try something different, not at the cost of quality.

(Griffin could totally make whatever work, though.)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, they are ignoring a lot of the more in-depth mechanics of the system. If you just take the basics like they've been doing and maybe rejigger some skills, you could make a lot of things work. The d20 system was really prolific in the 90s for a reason.

Yeah. It's basically the only reasonable way to play this system, and especially d20 ones.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Wake_N_Bake posted:

They just released a podcast where Griffin literally said, "gently caress the mechanics, we're here to have fun". Can you shut the gently caress up about actual DnD mechanics??

Did mechanics kill your family or something that makes you throw a hissyfit whenever someone talks about the game that they're playing?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

The mechanics don't matter and sperging about them being imbalanced or whatever...

But nobody did that (this time)?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Didn't they mention using Spirit of the Century's system? I think that'd work really well.

Yeah. Spirit is a super dope FATE variant. They could go to some super cool places with that.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yeah, that's basically the entire point of systems like Dungeon World and FATE.

And on this subject, I suddenly want Griffin to made a video episode of them playing Dread the next time they're all together.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Mr Tastee posted:

I think they could have a lot of fun with a FATE Core system, especially if they had it take place in a non-fantasy setting. (E.G. modern, superhero, or sci-fi.)

Something like Atomic Robo or Spirit seems perfect for them.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Oh poo poo. Paranoia would be really good, too.

I also just realized that Dread would be kinda perfect for them to do at a live show.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Notgothic posted:

Both at the same time, Paranoid Dread is a loving perfect mashup.

That would be the most chaotic glorious thing.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Blue Apron is actually pretty nice.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Deport The Irish posted:

You better sit down before I tell you what a grocery store is.

It may surprise you to learn that not everyone innately knows what to get, how to pick it, and how to put it all together. Not to mention actually having access to numerous ingredients.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I do it once a month at absolute most. And only if the menu for that week is really good and has stuff I can't get in my lovely grocery stores.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

The three meals I've had from Blue Apron have been very flavorful and good. We tried ingredients we probably wouldn't have otherwise and learned preparations we didn't know about, and that's pretty cool. I recommend it if you think it might be your thing.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Gnocchi are dope.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

My favorite thing about Blue Apron is the aggressive elitism it brings out in goons.

It's really bizarre.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Scudworth posted:

This is why I hesitate to join FB groups for anything I like, the terror of seeing how loving dumb comments can get.
:ohdear:

The MBMBAM FB is pretty decent, as far as they go.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Alaois posted:

why is every thread in this subforum completely loving insane

Generally relaxed moderation.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Alaois posted:

is there something about Something Awful that just attracts crazy people who NEED to share their views on (x) regardless of how much anybody else actually cares?

yes

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

SpacePig posted:

I think the brothers themselves have said that they enjoy the occasional wet shave, but that it's long and basically just for the nice feeling of the lather. Can't remember which episode that might've been, but I'm pretty sure it happened.

I also remember that. Griffin talked about using a vibrating razor or something.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Asterios posted:

Seeing as this is kinda the unofficial MaxFun thread, wanted to tell you guys about a cool promotion I'm doing today on behalf of MaxFun's International Waters!

Today only, new or upgrading subscribers who pledge International Waters will get a special 5 minute podcast, made just for them, about whatever topic they want.

You can pledge all the McElroy shows you want, too -- just don't forget to include International Waters! Join today at http://www.maximumfun.org/donate and help keep the McElroys in cheerwine and me in something shittier than cheerwine.

I donated literally 2 hours earlier than you posted this and totally would've done it. Think they would check another box for me if I emailed them about it? :(

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I had cheddar bay biscuits for the first time the other day and it was the best day of my life.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Asterios posted:

I don't think it would be a big deal! Email them and tell them you forgot to pledge IW.

I shot them a message. I'll let you know if they're able to do it when I hear back.

In the mean time I'll think of potential topics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/713156811977691138