Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I firmly believe if you consume any internet media, or indeed any media at all, it is within six separations of a McElroy venture.

Oh, and Rose Buddies is very good even if you don't care about the Bachelor

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Time for more amiibo content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoWRzH5Vaz8

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ariong posted:

It didn't occur to me until they poked fun at it but wow, Griffin did put a lot of elevators in this adventure didn't he? I think every arc has had a unique one.

D&D loading screens

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sNp8dnUe5A

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Luneshot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PExKw38rntw
How is The Garfield Monstrosity not on the first page.

Because it still haunts our loving nightmares.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ssujx6IfaI

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCDKu_5xO3s

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

flatluigi posted:

If it helps your OP is much easier to browse than their site

I really hope it's a placeholder, the presentation is so weird.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Griffin and Justin really, really like ANTM

I love every time they have to explain it to Travis.

Boys were in the house!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Guys, I'm almost more excited for Rose Buddies than I am for MBMBAM at the beginning of the week. Griffin and Rachel's intense enthusiasm for this show make me want to watch the Bachelor, which I thought was impossible.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHbhSWhSnqU

Phil and Griffin put ESP to the test!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ursus Veritas posted:

So Evan Minsker wrote an article about the music from TAZ for Pitchfork. So Griffin is killing it right now basically.

He is truly the Bartman now.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The aesthetic difference between Teresa asking Travis if he's written thank you notes for holiday gifts and Griffin and Rachel discussing if master puppeteers have puppets specifically for boning is the widest of valleys, separating my worst nightmares of marriage from my wildest dreams.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm just incredibly into the fact that the brothers seemed to independently all find a way to marry Chipettes versions of themselves.

Oh my gooooood this is blowing my loving mind

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The Knitpicker is basically everything I could hope for.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/693243600872869889

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

flatluigi posted:

I think I whiffed on that entirely, explain?

All characters from Steven Universe.

Could be a coincidence though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Silentman0 posted:

Toe to tip.

Take it to the bank, boys.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FutonForensic posted:

:pgabz: New MBMBaM :pgabz:

This one has an email from a woman who has the worst boyfriend since Skyrim Pizza Blowjob guy

I just made it to "Am I Too Powerful?" and I refuse to believe this can trend upward from here

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

poop dood posted:

Here's a new video of some people on Youtube I've never heard of tasting apocalypse-themed cocktails with Travis and Andie. Predictably, Travis steals the show and Andie is insufferable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hnn9GFMquw

On the one hand, Andie isn't talking about conspiracies so that's a plus.

On the other, oh no, she wears those loving gloves all the time doesn't she?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bobulus posted:

I doubt it gets to the projectionist, but a wider angle than the finished product is often filmed. What if the plot-important prop was half out of the shot? You don't redo the shot, you change the framing so it's shifted over a bit. Fun, trivia, when Back to the Future came out on DVD for the first time, they hosed up with the transfers from film to digital and the framing was wrong.

It would almost definitely get to the projectionist like that in older cinemas. Digital totally changed that, though, and projectionists have a lot fewer responsibilities. Some of those 70mm screenings of The Hateful Eight actually got screwed up by projection issues, though not as bad as the showing of Night at the Museum that Travis described.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

My favorite tidbit from the newest Still Buffering: The president of the Young Republicans at Rileigh's high school is openly gay. :psyduck:

There's going to be a lot of gay Republicans if the GOP manages to disengage from the gay marriage fight. Plenty of LGBT people only vote democrat out of self-interest, and have otherwise conservative ideologies.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I love, love, love that someone had to point out that actually, since these are wax figures brought to life by magic, many errors in fact or logic are, actually, not errors at all.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I've heard about how crystal healing videos trigger Justin's ASMR before, but apparently medical examinations do the same thing.

Sydnee ribs him about it during the opening to this week's Sawbones.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm really happy we've learned more about the story of Klaarg.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I had the same goddamn response to the Dewey stand-in

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ariong posted:

Can someone post a screenshot of this?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

vonnegutt posted:

I had the same experience at a showing of Marie Antoinette in a dollar theater. Boom mikes in every shot, sometimes lighting rigs and cords. My mom even commented after the movie that "I get they were trying to modernize it, but I thought showing how the movie was made was weird" and I just kind of shrugged. A few months later, watching on DVD, and it was framed correctly.

I wouldn't think that in 2016 it would be up to the projectionist to get this stuff right, but apparently it is???

I try to tell people about this experience and they react pretty much the same as Justin and Griffin.

Again, it's generally not up to projectionists anymore. Most theaters and studios have gone digital, so the films are just preformatted computer files.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Roach Warehouse posted:

So basically my best bet right now for getting some sweet boom mike shots and/or terrifying Dewey stand-ins is the Hateful 8 70mm?

Also, anyone know where I can find pics of Dewey's creepy double? That bit cracked me up.

It's on this page.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

I got power in my free copy of Jet Set Radio and instantly used it for evil.

Spreading McElroy memes can only be good, friend.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I can't do this one!

I have to put these in my mouth!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sleeveless posted:

I'm liking CoolGames, Inc but the best part of each episode is the crazy ideas for games that they get from Twitter rather than anything the hosts actually do.

I would love if the podcast catches on enough to inspire a Peter Molydeux-esque game jam.

Yeah, I enjoy them "designing" the game of the week, and even the pitch. Attempting to conceptualize the Twitter submissions is definitely the best part, though, and it gives the podcast the odd quality of starting very strong and winding down over its entire length.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Justin's here to show Griffin's not the only pro reviewer in the family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-YQrbn-JQ

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Griffin referencing Jojo's in the latest rose buddies surprised me, but when Rachel didn't react and he felt obligated to explain "that was a really good animé joke" I snorted and dropped my phone on my face. Dammit, they've discovered my weakness of explaining terrible jokes.

That was my favorite part.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
God lied to me!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I'm just so worried about DJ

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Obviously I need to put "street philosopher" on my resume.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ariong posted:

Wow I got so excited when Travis intervened at the notion that 22 slices was too many. That's so much 'zza!

I loved how Griffin was at first receptive to the idea that the number is inflated due to being Cici's slices, but then once he considers the rate of consumption it's like he looked under a rock and found a loving cobra.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/706919366370009088

dear lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I am glad that the Noid has finally been brought back