Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Stroop There It Is posted:

Some ~scandalous~ revelations in The Adventure Zone Zone on roll-fudging. Also I see why they were cautious about it, but it is perfect that (I guess I'll spoil this? better safe than sorry) Taako is gay and I don't think they need to worry about being offensive.

Oh wow, I didn't realize they were doing an episode about the show, that's pretty awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

padijun posted:

Yeah it's really refreshing to see D&D through the lens of people not rules-lawyering the gently caress out of everything. I'm preparing to run a game for people who haven't played before and I want to be like Griffin, allowing people to do whatever silly bullshit they want, just throwing the right skill roll and advantage/disadvantage at it.

e: I'm currently in a toxic relationship with a grognard 3.5e group :(

sever

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I can't wait until The Adventure Zone transitions to the FATAL system so Clint can really till the soil

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Just like Ghostbusters 2, going over the same material with less effort. :v:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My favorite thing about Blue Apron is the aggressive elitism it brings out in goons.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Trust me, this is not the only subforum where people start banging their fists on tables about Blue Apron and similar poo poo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I love whenever the brothers get grossed out by their dad trying to get in on the sex goofs.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I hope one day to eat a crystal made of cheddar bay biscuit

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

flatluigi posted:

No, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the guy that was leading the Hammerheads that they killed during the race.

That was also Barbara because Griffin straight up forgot he was the one that died.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

we can't let this happen

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Good tat

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I just want to say that Griffin's affectation during Big Gulp makes me uncomfortable

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

So it took me until this morning to realize that Lin Manuel Miranda has been Puerto Rican rapper guy in a billion things I've watched, in particular his role as Alvie during the mental hospital arc of House

gently caress I had no idea

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Scudworth posted:

Dude there's a big difference between openly discussing how you play video games vs jerking off to the idea of being digested by an anime fox-woman.

At least I hope there is.

Depends on what website you're on

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm not gonna lie, I got a little upset when Griffin asked who the Honky Tonk Man was.

He's the loving Honky Tonk Man, Griffin!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Luneshot posted:

Griffin thought that Undertaker/Shane match was "loving amazing" and I'm pretty sure he has no idea what the hell he's talking about because a 40-year old dad vs a 50-year old wrestler resulted in the slowest match in history

Yeah that's a bunch of bullshit. I love Shane and his crazy rear end bumps, but that match lasted a loving eon for nothing but the status quo being preserved.

But then, Griffin admits he's pretty new to wrestling so I'd believe he's never seen Shane go off the Titantron or get shitcanned through a real glass wall, let alone the Foley/Undertaker Hell in a Cell, so I can see really being into the spectacle of that dive.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 4, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yho4n643iO0

I wonder if Travis frequently paints his nails black or if he was just getting in the spirit of getting his tattoo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

gently caress this boo hoo bullshit about not recognizing botches. Like sure, a crowd turning on a person for messing up a spot a little is dumb, but when you gently caress up a spot enough to either hurt another person or expose kayfabe, welp, you earned the "YOU hosed UP" chants. It's like these motherfuckers have never been to a house show.

Griffin I get, because he's not way into wrestling, but otherwise come on.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

flatluigi posted:

They were talking about the former poo poo and not the latter though in the podcast

Yeah I can see that, but ugh wrestling fans on the Internet can be really tribal and it just dips into some real bullshit at the start.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I want to forgive, but this is about ethics in video game gourmalism..

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Weird how Socrates sounds so much like Garfield, the Deals Warlock.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Boy he just went right to town on that, huh.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Rose buddies is a real good podcast in case you haven't checked it out. I haven't seen any discussion of it in this thread which is very bad and should be rectified immediately

I'm really only in it for the goofs, so I don't have much to say about it most weeks besides "it's really funny," but yeah it's really funny and interesting regardless of if you actually watch with them. Griffin best Brother, Rachel best Sister-in-Law.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Not really random, think it was a comment on Travis painting his nails. I don't care, Travis can do what he wants that's cool, but I am also pretty :rolleyes: about dudes painting their nails, particularly when they try to market it like Alpha Nail does. Wear nail polish dude, that's fine, but don't try to act like you're taking it back and making it manly. That's like...style gentrification but with testosterone instead of lattes. If the whole point is to break down gender norms, why would you make a transparent attempt at reinforcing them at the same time?

I hate the "manly man thing for men" marketing angle as much as anyone, but hoo boy there's a lot of loaded poo poo involved with men wearing makeup so I think a masculine dude saying "hey nail polish is pretty dope" isn't really the end of the world.

I mean, ideally it wouldn't matter at all what gender we are when it comes to how we express ourselves with however we choose to decorate ourselves, but there isn't some warp engine for our culture.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I can tell this is gonna be a premium swallow.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

what the gently caress

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

omg chael crash posted:

I thought they did SOMETHING even if it wasn't a new brawl.

They did do a huge pack opening video back when the new expansion launched. Maybe they'll do a video about new deck strats soon.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Gann Jerrod posted:

They go to a carnival where the Orb of Ecstasy has been discovered by the worst possible person: A juggler

Oh my god this would be amazing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWPsO2DpHaQ

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfnN9qrZEac

Griffin's amiibo corner returns, and exits the meat space

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I need to know what is and what isn't a premium swallow god drat it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Scudworth posted:

I've been loving Greatest Gen since their 4th ep and I hope I never hear their ad, it would surely break my heart.

It's just the Picard song and their usual description of "hahaha boy we're embarrassed about this but here's a TNG podcast".

Also the Picard song is a real goddamn banger as far as meme music goes. e: the show is also fun if you like TNG

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Vore is far too removed from plausibility to gross me out. It affects me in a way similar to people playing quidditch irl.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I long for the day when I can abandon the meatspace and party with the boy mayor of second life for eternity.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It's not even some hosed up splicer, what the hell is this.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Toxxupation posted:

I'm genuinely worried that MBMBaM will devolve into a "dads talking about their kids/parenting" podcast.

Yes, yes, I know it's practically memetic at this point, but I've gone through enough frustration with favorite indie comedians who swear up and down that being a dad won't change their acts/they'll complain about how annoying "dad comedian" humor is and like two years later they're wearing plaid shirts and talking about how little Timmy took his first steps or some really cutesy anecdote about something young Mandy did. They lose all their edge and it's really unfortunate, pretty much the only person I've seen transition to "being a dad" humor well was Patton Oswalt and that was largely because he still made it about how much of a depressed fuckup he was, and how he suddenly had obligations to be a happier person beyond himself. Pretty much everybody else just loses their edge and what makes them compelling, and I really hope that doesn't happen with my three favorite goodboys.

good fuckin god

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

abraham linksys posted:

justin talks about being a dad so infrequently that i literally can't remember if he has one kid or two

Two, his actual child and the invisible one that has made him a dad for the entirety of the podcast

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70utG1L5bfU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Toaster Beef posted:

The lady whose good friend's wife didn't like MBMBAM was sitting in one of the front few rows with him. John got up and walked across the stage to talk to them directly to deliver his "leave your wife" advice, and that's when Griffin was like JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN

I don't even like John Hodgman all that much, but man did he crush the entire audience segment.

oh man that's loving amazing