Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sandwolf posted:

boy do I loving hate it too

okay I love Donkey Sauce and Guy now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bip Roberts posted:

The brothers should lease the Pierre St Pierre character from cumtown.

'I don't care if you're gay but don't gently caress Pierre St Pierre! He's destroying the city!' is a line that literally will never leave my mind

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

'dude I think she's taking my blog to Guy Fieri'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

I think this was after it was revealed that the whole thing driving the pivot to video trend was a lie by Facebook

yea that 'pivot to video' poo poo was loving tragic for so many sites. Facebook just literally lied to everyone and then was all 'lol mah bad' when it got discovered and all these sites like Polygon who made massive changes thinking they were adapting quickly to a trend were left completely high and dry.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

more falafel please posted:

I started using "that dog don't hunt"

a friend of mine has used 'put the tiger on the table and yell at it' in a business meeting before and I just respect it frankly

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I wanna say either the suit is meant to be Coulson or the much more Travis answer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Travis is cosplaying his favorite character Travis

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean as a Jewish person myself I think it's funny but it is kinda wild how the guys who apologize for everything fully went ham on branding 'one of us forgot the name Hanukkah, said 'you know, candlenights', and we just decided it was our thing now'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Organza Quiz posted:

As A Jew the part about "candlenights" that shits me is that it's christmas. It's just christmas. It has no real elements of other festivals and all the non-religious elements of christmas. They should just call it christmas then, there's nothing wrong with people raised celebrating christmas wanting to do special stuff with their podcast project for christmas!

You can't make christmas all inclusive of all people just by renaming it, and also it's okay to celebrate a cultural holiday without everyone in the world also celebrating it. Trying to insist that it's totally neutral and all-inclusive feels like trying to impose christmas celebration on everyone.

yea it's a bit awkward that the whole 'personal pan pansexual all welcoming holiday' is just 'we gave christmas a cutesy name'. Like, it's fine, you can just do christmas, we're not gonna burst into flame if three west virginia boys' only real holiday frame of reference is christmas, just do that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Jo Firestone is a funny comic but those ads suck rear end and even as a gameshow/board game fan to an embarrassing level I've never wanted to check that show out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'I was doing a puzzle so I let my child struggle for six hours to get food' is such powerful 'this didn't happen it was probably like five minutes of her getting flustered before figuring it out but why would you think this lie makes you seem cool when the real story would just be kinda generic 'lol kids right'' poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Trapick posted:

Did you read that thread? It's really clear he's being "edgy" and playing a persona. I'm not saying he isn't lovely, but he starts that thread by saying it's unbelievable and an outrage that a black girl got expelled for bullshit reasons, then goes into edgy ironic humor.

huh it's weird how he keeps adopting this persona that lets him talk about how sick of us Jews he is and use other slurs.

Love to say the n-word, but like, wearing a mask so it's okay.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'when I called that guy the k-slur I was wearing my jester hat, which means it's okay'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Bean Dad sucks rear end

https://twitter.com/ThomasIsOnline/status/1345847635559768064

Also present: the dude supporting Jen Kirkman, famously racist and antisemitic freak who got her brain broken by Bernie.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I mean considering Griffin's music making hobby and the fact that I'm sure by now they know tons of small artists who'd love to be the theme I'm completely unsurprised, there's literally no reason to keep the dude around even minorly

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it's more

inferis posted:

it's probably just like any business book where a guy gets lucky and thinks that the specific things he did must be the reasons why

than anything it sounds like. Like it does seem he at least understands how niche it is because it sounds like a generic how to promote yourself and do business thing than a literal 'here's how YOU TOO can make a podcast empire with your two also very funny brothers and family...you have those right? And a time machine to go back to 2008? Cool cool cool, you're set.' thing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea BDG seems like a good dude who's at least focusing on 'and hey this sucks but it actually sucks way worse for the many people who helped make my stupid video funtimes what they were (and also a lot of those are minorities weird how that seems to shake out huh)'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Tony Hawk is extremely famously one of the most 'gettable' celebs, he 100% understands how 'I used to skateboard extremely well' ranks in the celeb world and seems to have zero ego accordingly. His twitter is wonderful.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pigbuster posted:

Travis is really good in that ghost house tour video they released out of the blue a while ago. Though honestly they were all running on full cylinders in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT5mva_bFQg

despite him being the very literal soyface embodiment he actually is quite good at physical comedy too. Like in that bit where he's going through the 'don't spit, puke, or pee on anyone' and he's just kinda shrugging his shoulders all 'pft can you believe this poo poo?' that's a funny bit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Their realization that CK3 is not a combat game, and loading their guy with every negative that made them laugh made everyone on earth hate him, was the best thing Monster Factory had in ages

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Then we get to pick our faith, no chance to get in trouble here, Juice!"

"Just pick the funniest faith."

Man I was worried Monster Factory was spinning its gears last time but jesus this was a banger.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
bustin

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean, that literally is some form of bi, either sexual or romantic or both, Trav.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
was it a mistake for this extremely white dude to constantly say slurs? Yes.

am I going to admit a guy I thought was funny was an idiot? No, in this TED Talk I will...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
bean dad and his bad music really were the David Cross of tweeting the n-word at trump supporters or whatever weird hoop he jumped through to say it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shinjobi posted:

"Ezekiel, where are my training cards" is still probably one of the funniest bits Justin has ever done

"This is the last time, Ezekiel! You've embarrassed me for the last time!" always makes me laugh

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Entropic posted:

This is still the best thing he was involved in, but the greatness is entirely in Simone acting out Griffin's dialogue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZwWaYdFAU

there's no funnier moment than 'and scene' 'NOPE, NOT YET'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Just Chamber posted:

Moving on a bit from the weirdness itt if you like Overboard I'd suggest watching Funhaus's Board as Hell videos, they're at least on par with Overboard at their best. Now I liked these guys from other videos on their channel so i dont know how they are for new fans but worth a shot if you like people playing board games and being silly/ funny. Here's a few I remember enjoying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Xj0RP59Eo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzw8VEMGbGI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3koIr-3pbfQ

I discovered Funhaus during lockdown and it really scratched that itch of like Giant Bomb when it was good and Polygon stupidity and just people having a great time playing games, though modern Funhaus while good at times isn't as good as it used to be as a lot of the crew have left, golden age was about 2 years ago and back from there.

Their drunk video game vids are also pretty fun too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHir8eYIZS0

Also if people dont like them or as it's the internet really hate them for some reason thats fine, its all subjective, I just like them and wanted to share :unsmith:

Funhaus is really good yea. They got kinda hosed by a string of people wanting to do their own thing (can't blame them, they work for Rooster Teeth and that place sounds loving unbearable) and one getting busted for being a complete creep who apparently caused a lot of backstage issues so they're down to like two or three of the 'originals', so a lot of fans got all 'agh change, this sucks' but I really like their newer people too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Just Chamber posted:

I also like the new people, I think it's not helped that a lot of the new people have been more at the forefront during covid times and as a lot of their content is at home it's going to be about 10% as good as in studio stuff. Also yea gently caress Adam for being unable to not be weird in the office.

yea really rough timing for the new folks, their covid stuff has been solid but yea obviously they're best in person together so the combo of 'new person seen as 'replacing' an old time fave' and 'streaming from home which can suck rear end' is rough to come in on.