Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
The bullshit article Griffin created on the official wiki was also still up when the video was uploaded, over a month after creation. Finally got noticed and deleted after a bunch of other people added to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I think we may only be getting the one That's a Christmas to Me this year...

https://twitter.com/sydneemcelroy/status/1205988742453977093

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Waffleman_ posted:

How happy do you think the brothers are whenever a sponsor puts the promo code in the url so they don't have to say "enter my brother"?

Is "slash my brother" really much better?

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Stroop There It Is posted:

:confused: I use Pocket Casts and it is very much not subscription, at least on Android

There is a paid upgrade, afaik the only real benefit is being able to sync everything between multiple clients, including a web-based player. It used to be a one-time upgrade fee, but they switched to a monthly charge last year. Originally they gave anyone who had paid the one-time a 2-year subscription I think, but they got a lot of kickback and eventually just gave all existing paid users lifetime access. So if you go into it now it's still free if you just use the Android app but the premium is a subscription.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

sexpig by night posted:

wait seriously? Have I been confusing my Greens all this time? I haven't thought of them in ages but I thought Hank was the one who wrote the dumb bad books and John was the PBS boy.

I've been swapping my Greens, classic blunder.

Well, they are blurring the lines themselves. John is the original author and Hank was the more youtube-facing one, but then John got very involved in producing/hosting stuff like their Crash Course educational show, and now Hank is writing books too.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Someone in the original twitter thread chimed in that they had done one of their tour posters a few years ago and gotten paid like $600 for it. So there's evidence that the McElroys when they are more directly involved know the value of an artist's work and are willing to shell out. I'm pretty comfortable chalking this up to them not thinking to deeply investigate and second-guess the compensation schemes of the giant publishing house they had contracted with to handle everything

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
There are free teleprompter apps you can put on a ipad people. This is some middle-school play energy with their eyes flashing down the scripts every 3 words.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
The live actual MBMBAM was an order of magnitude better, but I think this show was worth the $5, whatever. People going in now can have a markedly improved experience over watching blind, with the foreknowledge that the very first video segment (Schmanners) is the worst out of all the segments and should be immediately skipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
The brothers were interviewed on an NPR podcast as podcast experts talking about their new podcast book about podcasting if you're in the mood and really want to podcast your podcast while you're podcasting today.