Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah one thing that really struck me was that he could have turned down the sponsored Unravelleds, and if he did he would have been fine, but he felt that the effect that not taking them would have had on the department’s bottom line may have resulted in further layoffs. Sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Justin: What’s the opposite of bread?
Griffin: We can’t do this bit because it definitely won’t be funny.

*minutes before*

Justin: Everybody listen to this entire Taco Bell ad and don’t you DARE say anything funny.
Griffin: Ooh, this sounds promising!

Yeah, probably not the best advertisement for their new book in which they try to teach you how to make a good podcast.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 20, 2021

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Previa_fun posted:

Lol at this hand wringing. Travis literally does soy face in every photo.

What on earth is soy face?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Piell posted:

an incel term, apparently

It's amazing how many words this spends talking about this face without ever actually describing what it looks like.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Half of Dracula posted:

Lmao at the volume of people pretending not to understand what a phrase means despite having hundreds of hours of context

What are the hundred hours of context? I genuinely hadn’t heard the phrase before now.

AngryBooch posted:

drat have you told this to a black person recently?

I’m, uh, pretty sure that’s not the same kind of thing as this.

EDIT: Oh, and earlier someone mentioned that they were relistening to the Trolls podcast and it’s really good. I wanted to mention that the Brown Derbys part was the best part because almost the whole podcast was an accidental setup for it.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 23, 2021

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

This was the best Monster Factory in a long, long time.

Thank the lord that this horrible zero-year old baby is finally in hell where he BELONGS.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Why would you put a peg leg on a 0 year old baby?????

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, I think he failed to take into account how incomprehensible the thing would be without visuals.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The bleep blorp bits are actually good, sorry about your bad taste everyone.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Is uncooked pasta in milk cereal though?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I agree about Munch Squad generally but I actually kinda liked this week's. It was so bizarre. A peek into the world where McDonalds doing celebrity endorsements for their bad food is a huge deal and Taco Bell letting people fill a box with whatever slop they want is a rebellion against that. Really incomprehensible stuff.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 9, 2021

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I'd be down with retiring MBMBaM in exchange for another show with the same cast but a different format. I think the MBMBaM format has plenty of longevity left in it still, but at the end of the day the questions were always just a jumping-off point for jokes.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

What exactly is Honey’s (I haven’t looked them up to see if they have some dumb spelling) business model? The brothers never mention any kind of premium option in their ads so I have to assume they’re scraping the gently caress out of your data while you have the browser thing installed.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, for drinking water they're bringing bottles over to the house of a neighbor with intact pipes, filling them up with tap water, bringing it back home, and boiling it to get rid of any contaminants.

Christ.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The Modern Leper posted:

Justin admits on Sawbones that he was, in fact, eating chili during the show. Mystery solved. :colbert:

That episode was also part of the song.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

inferis posted:

yet all of them are opening everything during a pandemic

I don’t really see how that serves as a counterpoint to the idea that Rachel and Griffin would be better off in a different state.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1362608271010504706

VERY grim.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Mr. Phillby it is obvious that for some reason or another you really don't like hearing people criticize this TAZ arc, which is fine, but the solution to that is not to make a post dismissing the person doing the critical opinion, the solution is to stop reading the thread until this arc is over.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

Griffin and Travis need to do an all Munch Squad episode where they just read press releases about normal menu options verbatim at Justin until he gets the point about 20 minutes in, and then keep doing it for another 40 minutes until he cries uncle

Sounds like wrestling with a pig to me.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Think of it like Disney casting someone younger for the Buzz Lightyear origin story.

Isn't that exactly what it is?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I wish this picture was taken from a bit further away so we could see what kind of van it is painted onto the side of.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Thank god he dyed his hair and wears glasses because holy CRAP does he look so much more like the other two now. Seriously thought he was Justin for a second.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Dyed hair? Out. Mullet? It’s back baby.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

apatheticman posted:

The part... not the dye..

Which part? The dyed part?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I think he's a reasonably nice-looking guy.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I gotta say, it really just seems like a normal face to me that does not inspire any particular emotion, and the amount of rage it apparently generates among you folks kinda makes me feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

https://youtu.be/rNaiJanKZLU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I was just about to say that, yeah. I like the new song, but frankly, any intro+song combination with a length of 15, 30, 45, 60, or 75 seconds should work just fine.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

2/3 brothers have now exiled themselves from Twitter. Is Justin next? If so, where will he go to learn that Wendy's has a new burger with soy sauce or whatever?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I'm rather excited about Sonic Learns to Drive.

Tears In A Vial posted:

Speaking of cancelled McElroy affiliates, I rewatched touch the Skyrim the other day.

The main attraction in Touch the Skyrim was always the crazy mods and Griffin's reactions to them anyway. That's why that followup series about finding stuff using free camera movement was shaping up to be kind of a dud.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tears In A Vial posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about that weird free roam camera thing. I think there was a super monkey Ball one right?

If I recall correctly, that was the only one because the scandal happened almost immediately afterward.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Squack McQuack posted:

Didn’t realize my criticism of Travis was so bizarre and weird.

It was, in fact, extremely weird.

apatheticman posted:

Overboard is the only thing I watch there anymore

Same, but Overboard is suffering badly from not being able to do in-person stuff. Theoretically it shouldn't make a difference, but the games they're choosing to play because of the online environment just aren't doing it for me.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Thank you so much for posting this, I love this person's work and this might be my favorite bit they ever did. My only disappointment is that the part where Justin accuses Travis of not thinking 22 slices is a lot of pizza didn't make it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, who would have thunk that people would react negatively to your super antagonistic post? We got a real Nostradamus over here.

EDIT: On second reading, the response to your post was literally nothing like the dialogue you wrote for "McElroyfans" within it. So, this is all pretty strange.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 21, 2021