Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Polygon put out a trailer for Monster Factory today, in case you need help convincing people that there exists a Let's Play series that is actually funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EExZ-X-CHOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

https://soundcloud.com/tole_cover/mbmbam-warrior-cats-pokerap

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ByHSOgFfo

=

Toxxupation posted:

code:
PLEASE SPELL THE NAME OF - THE MAGICAL CREATURE - AARACOCRA.

PLEASE SPELL "AARACOCRA".
- No.

- E...R...I...C-

code:
INCORRECT.
- Eric...Kolkra. I went to school with him!

code:
INCORRECT.
- No I did!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Coffee And Pie posted:

So Lin Manuel Miranda just posted a video of Tyra Banks telling Griffin 'GREATJOB'...

All they need now is one of Scott Bakula and then the prophecy will be fulfilled.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Dave Barry isn't the only guy making a hilariously dated internet reference guide, you know.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I love Mbmbam and Adventure zone but I can't make it through their spinoff podcasts because their co-hosts are awful. The Bunker Buddies girl being legitimately mentally ill and taking it all seriously is just sad and Brentalfloss is in the uncomfortable spot of not being funny or insightful enough for his commentary on the kind of clickbait I go out of my way to avoid to be worth listening to.

At least Sawbones is still good.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I can't help but wonder if the recent flood of new podcasts is the McElroys realizing that Maximum Fun needs them a lot more than they need Max Fun and prematurely getting ready to launch their own network.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Dragon's Dogma is a good game, I'm glad the McElroy's can appreciate it.

https://fat.gfycat.com/ConsiderateDistantAnteater.webm

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Scudworth posted:

There is one full episode of Big Gulp, it was a 2015 bonus donors-only ep for MBMBAM.
It is unpleasant.

The F-Plus and Lou Reads The Internet have both done vore episodes, it's either hilarious or horrifying depending on your disposition to internet atrocity tourism.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Toxxupation posted:

Who gets Bart Simpson tattoos nowadays? What is this, the fuckin' early nineties?

Don't have a cow, man.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Now Lin-Manuel got Rock "The Dwayne" Johnson to tell Griffin that he's doing a great job.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

I've really enjoyed his work with Polygon. Like most people I stopped following game review sites a long time ago and before listening to MBMBaM I only knew Polygon as "that site that made a documentary about themselves that was paid for by Microsoft" but giving him a platform to just be his bonkers self is rad as hell. Even before Monster Factory his casual quick plays and his weird one-offs videos have been great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASwnEtMF3fo

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I wonder if any of the Ethics In Games Journalism crowd is using the fact that Griffin has so many big celebs vouching for him as proof that Polygon is totes corrupt.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Their recent ASMR kick is great. It's almost as good as their ongoing fixation on vore.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ElNarez posted:

New CoolGames Inc.! Griffin and Nick pitch Justin McElroy on Gordon Ramsay and "social permadeath"

Social Media Permadeath and Pee Soccer made me laugh out loud just from the name.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Modern Leper posted:

Not my all time favorite ep, but God
drat - mushroom movies and Travis's SJW moment had me laughing with tears in my eyes.

Come hit this poo poo, Mogwai.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

flatluigi posted:

Somewhat relatedly, apparently Malcom in the Middle on Netflix uses a widescreen version of the show that wasn't meant to air regularly, so there's stuff off in the edges constantly that you weren't meant to see:

Friends might also have the same issue but I don't have any screencaps of that.

Buffy is fun for this, watch in widescreen and you'll see crew and equipment everywhere because people would rather gently caress up the show instead of deal with black bars on the sides.

And inversely watching Pee-Wee's Big Adventure in full screen lets you see the hole in his bike basket when he's doing the gag where he pulls an impossibly long chain out of it.

The fact that's it totally a real thing makes the brothers' instant and merciless derision that much funnier.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Waffleman_ posted:

New Monster Factory by surprise!

Blade and Soul!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT2Y6ftxilM

So does every lovely f2p korean mmo have a pedobait class in it now or what.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXxfabOa_Gg

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The Kung Fu Panda movies are legit good.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://soundcloud.com/ian-christensen-1/fishlifting-with-bobby

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I'm liking CoolGames, Inc but the best part of each episode is the crazy ideas for games that they get from Twitter rather than anything the hosts actually do.

I would love if the podcast catches on enough to inspire a Peter Molydeux-esque game jam.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

chaos rhames posted:

People really like ironic simpsons stuff, it's the modern version of the banned mickey Mouse parodies from the 60s where he gets his dick out.

The Simpsons is ripe for this kind of thing because 25 years ago it was cutting-edge and now the idea of a bunch of Ivy League nerds taking suburbia down a peg via a cartoon family is downright blase.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
How the hell are the bros so far behind on jumbotron messages. Like, assuming it's not just a bit just spend some extra time working through the backlog, I'd be pissed if I dropped a c note on an anniversary present and it arrived five months late.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Gann Jerrod posted:

Everyone knows that Polygon is almost totally funded by big cats, so it's not surprising that they get their scores inflated.

And of course he had to bring up discrimination against blacks, loving SJW website.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The Iron Galaxies guy was easily the best guest they've had on their show, it almost makes me regret not knowing enough about the fighting game scene to "get" Divekick.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Between Ridiculous Six and Fuller House Netflix are geniuses at targeting the irony demographic.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Eschatos posted:

That SA shoutout in this week's Coolgamesinc sure was something, huh?

Well he's not wrong. The entire point of the $10 entry fee was supposed to be justified by keeping out the riff-raff and upholding strict standards and moderation and now we're in a post-GBS 2.0 world where neither of those really applies anymore. People buy platinum when half of its features either don't work or don't matter, people pay for avatars and custom titles and smilies when both are free on every other platform on earth, and all the while we use our paywall to lock people out the moment we make something that actually gets attention from the outside world like the Redditbomb or Dangan Ronpa :v:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Lin-Manuel is continuing his campaign, now Ru Paul has told Griffin that he's doing a great job.

e.
Now that I actually know what Warrior Cats are his consternation is even funnier.

Sleeveless fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 12, 2016

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
What was that spongebob remix at the beginning of the newest Coolgame Inc?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Modern Leper posted:

Are we actually gift horsing that the creator of the biggest show on Broadway is shouting out three brothers from West Virginia for shits and giggles?

He's also doing the music for the next Disney princess movie. :woop:

omg chael crash posted:

How do they know Lin-Manual anyway? It all seems so strange to me.

Travis has done theater work, I imagine that plays into it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I gave up on Harmontown about halfway through his big post-firing tour of America but didn't switching from D&D to Shadowrun completely torpedo his tabletop gaming segment?

The actual game mechanics are the least important part of Adventure Zone, there's really no reason for them to switch systems and have to relearn entirely new rules and have more bullshit getting in the way of the jokes and storytime.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The mechanics don't matter and sperging about them being imbalanced or whatever is the polar opposite of what Adventure Zone is about and why 99% of its fans like it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I've never used a Casper mattress but you can get both a spring and memory foam mattress delivered to your door in tightly-packed, portable form from Amazon for less than a Casper mattress and I doubt the markup is anything but branding.

Stroop There It Is posted:

I've seen Casper ads on the NYC Metro

:furcry:

Mr Tastee posted:

Harry's is alright. They're decent razors at a better price than store-bought.

Harry's is funny because they advertise on a lot of podcasts whose hosts are all conspicuously bearded and it's fun watching the hosts tiptoe around that by praising the packaging or the design of the razor.

The pro way to buy razors online is to order the ones that Dollar Shave Club uses directly from their South Korean manufacturer.

Sleeveless fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 23, 2016

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Scudworth posted:

Least favourite regular ad spot everyone, go.

The other MaxFun podcasts because apparently all of them are helmed by dudes whose voices would an offensive caricature if they weren't actual gay 30-something Hollywood detritus.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Totinos has been trying way, way too hard to appeal to the internet crowd and them sponsoring MBMBaM is the only good thing to come of it.

http://www.totinosliving.com/article/roll-your-own-for-4-20/

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Literally the entire premise of My Brother My Brother And Me is that people can't figure out the basics of being an adult and interacting with other people and so they ask a podcast things like "how do I have a conversation with my roomate?"

If the listeners of MBMBAM could think about and figure out how to do adult things on their own the show would not exist.

No, the show is about laughing at people who can't figure out things on their own. Which makes the fact that most of their advertisers seem to be companies built around selling product subscriptions to people who can't figure out things on their own really funny.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Alaois posted:

why is every thread in this subforum completely loving insane

Settle down, Beavis.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

abraham linksys posted:

razors are also something people find new and inventive ways to get smug about

The internet is full of wet shaving guides where a dude spends half an hour making his own lather with a badger brush and taking 5 passes over his face and still has visible stubble at the end, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Griffin's vore jokes are reaching the point where I'm beginning to doubt how ironic his love of vore really is.