Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
The Flophouse is poo poo and Elliott is annoying as gently caress. Just hearing his annoying grating voice on a Max Fun ad makes me want to stab him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Jesus gently caress DnD sperg chat

Griffin is an awesome DM and he almost makes me want to play DnD.

Almost.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'd appreciate examples of how the podcast could improve by switching systems. I don't know enough about these systems to visualize/imagine the difference.

Jesus gently caress no

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Warbird posted:

Anyone here know of Godsfall? My DM and 5e crew haven't tried AZ, but they make it sound like it's pretty similar.

Yeah, this is definitely the place for this. You have an entire sub forum, take your miserable poo poo there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Colonel Whitey posted:

I expected to enjoy it but didn't quite expect this level of polish and consistency. Really fantastic job, including the production team who I imagine had a difficult job of editing down hours of mostly improvised goofs into a coherent and funny 26 minutes. I'm definitely getting a Seeso account for this.

This. I was genuinely impressed with what a great show it is. I had to pause it at Justin's "gently caress this!" I was laughing so hard.

Gotta give them credit, those good good tv boys.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Guys I'm scared. This show is turning out great.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Paid for Seeso. Why not, it's worth it for those good good boys

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, while one could feasibly watch the entire show within the free seven days, I'm gonna pay for at least one month so Seeso knows I'm paying money for these good good TV boys.

Yeah. I'm going to as well. Their website is poo poo, is there any other good content that's worth keeping a sub? Looked like all standup and SNL clips.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Christ, even though this world of TAZ is nearing the end, I sent Griffin 150 items that I had previously made for a homebrew game.

He's probably going to ignore my email but oh well.

You're the kinda person he loving ignores. Maybe you should suggest alternate DnD systems for him to ignore too?

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, I dunno why Wake N Bake is being an rear end.
He's totally going to ignore most if not all of them but he's said in the past that he prefers many items with short descriptions (which is what I have him) instead of one item with pages and pages of history and description (which he has gotten before and completely ignored).

I'm not being an rear end. Submitting one cool item, awesome. Submit 10, yeah, he said he's not going to read it. Submit 150? That's over the top, and I'd expect most people to realize that.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Greatbacon posted:

Between the new TAZ and the Teens episode of the TV show, I am a loving entertained wreck of a human being.

Watching Griffin dab every segment went from tired to a thing of beauty 😍

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Every time I listen I think tabletop games sound kinda fun.

Then I remember the insufferable tabletop nerds in this thread and I come to my senses. JFC

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

This is a very good post.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

MTV Crib Death posted:

I'm not saying don't explain it. Explain it in a way that doesn't remove agency. Don't turn your players into little dolls that you move around prebuilt sets. This is very basic GM stuff.

Jesus dude, loving drop it. Chill.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

There *must* be a tabletop forums thread for podcasts. Can I officially (again) petition that game mechanics discussion be moved to that thread?

I wanna talk about good good brothers and good good goofs. Please?

vvv this

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 15, 2017

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Serious post: Maybe someone should start a podcast thread in TT. I'll even ask questions. I think tabletop games sound really dope, and I even went out and bought some.

But this systems vs. narrative argument is getting old. Really.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Serf posted:

There is an actual play podcast thread in TG and the brothers are mentioned in it.

^^ pro click right here. Not naming names.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

2 hours 40+ minutes 😳

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

The over-apologizing was awkward. Hell, the whole episode was awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

poor life choice posted:

I GM an online tabletop RPG

Yup. Checks out.