Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Do you like people generally? Or would you rather kick some butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they're complaining that taako is green even though he looks blue to me???

(da boo dee da boo dai)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i guess space aliens are anti-semitic too. gonna have to tell warner bros to ban marvin the martian's dog

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

you could tell justin had to hold himself back from just goofing over every segment

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i got an email from maximum fun saying throwing shade was leaving which means i won't have to hear throwing shade ads in mcelroy podcasts anymore

of course they also just added another podcast about pop culture (Inside Pop). so the kamehameha battle of who has greater market share of maxfun between the mcelroys and pop culture podcasts continues

also the latest mbmbam was very good and i enjoyed the frasier meltdown

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Russ getting owned by his dumb computer

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

because they're friends and colleagues and they don't hate him like the internet does

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SIMOOOOOONE

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Travis should host it next time and it can be called Really Awful Squad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't play the game and I find it entertaining, is not playing the game an important barrier vis a vis taking it as seriously as you guys are

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i just dont think russ is a big deal and I thought that awful squad was enjoyable for that being the first time i've seen one

the one "comedy playthrough" i thought was really bad on polygon was the Bidiots one, and that's only because the Quiplash one was so loving funny that Bidiots was a massive drop. but Bidiots is one of the bad jackbox games anyway

I'd love to see the staff do Superfight since it's on Steam and I feel like that sort of argumentative banter is the kind of Yes-Anding that they're very good at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovRR1lK7vgw

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 19, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i don't care if it's been talked about, Nick Robinson describing his old practice of "drinking Pringles" by pouring warm water into a full container is maybe the worst thing I've ever heard

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

well why not posted:

what the gently caress, when was that discussed?
the act of drinking pringles by pouring warm water into a container that has pringles in it and then consuming the "beverage"?? it was discussed in Cool Games Inc episode 60 (berry bertical's uphill jam). the worst thing is nick saying he chose to do that over drinking beer in college

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also I think anti-sjw ppl were mad at him when he posted about the dialog he found in Wolf 2 where two nazis were going "why not argue with us peacefully" (which they should have gotten mad at machinegames for and not nick???)

So it's hard to know who is attempting to drag him in good faith and who is just being a poo poo-stirrer

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Relay a story anonymously through someone else, as opposed to attempting to dunk on someone without any preparation. the conversation literally went like this

"I wish publishers would stop making consumers QA their games for them"
"yeah well you cheat on your girlfriend in DMs apparently"

????

Like jumping out of the bushes and shooting at someone with blanks. get someone's story, vet it, protect their anonymity, and come out with it. the court of public opinion has no due process but there are still SOME standards that should be met. Callout culture is sometimes a giant-rear end buster sword wielded clumsily falling all over the place. We already experienced it in this thread with people (NOT in this thread) accusing the Adventure Zone graphic novel artist of racism because Taako was blue (?!?!?!)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Poque posted:

nick is a creep = green taako is antisemitic
he's blue!!!! BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! *falls off the mountain shouting*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

travis is probably a toe's length away from launching a doomed season 2 indiegogo and the only thing stopping him is no one bringing it up as a possibility

wait gently caress

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If Austin knew Nick was a Bad Person you'd think he would've held to his convictions and chosen to not appear on Cool Games Inc multiple times in the past year

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cool Games Inc starring Griffin McElroy and................... Tara Long

"a procedurally generated first person shooter where you're helping your dad move a couch"

"can it just be about watching someone else move a couch"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

I guess I must have misinterpreted your 18 posts about this since last night, half of which were dismissing the entire situation, as "following it closely" and "giving a poo poo".

Maybe just take this as a lesson to not defend people if you're not following a situation. Lots of opportunity for personal growth here :).
This wasnt directed at me but I wanna say that I still think how this popped off was in bad faith with bloodyhoney's attempt at a "dunk on 'em!!" sick burn for high fives, instead of collecting stories, vetting them, and reporting them while protecting the anonymity of the sources, and that immediately put me off. Because optically "heres my issue with overcooked" "DUNK ON EM" looks like essentially a driveby shitpost. And then you had people bringing up Nick's "wife" and the fuckin Internet Telephone game began. so like, it started in a bad place and then got worse, because no one would pass along an actual story with the victim's name removed, so it was like a shitpost katamari damacy rolling up and up and up.

Meanwhile the people also tweeting about women being afraid to speak up could have also been interpreted as "what's going on now is similar to an experience I had" rather than "Nick specifically did something that I know about". because it was all subtweets and vagueness and innuendo. combined with the shitposts.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 4, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

the problem is that in any case where people are going to want water-tight details just removing the victim's name is not going to stop people from trying to use the context of the story to figure out who it is

so even people who know a lot more than they're letting on are hesitant to gently caress over someone by saying too much
I disagree because you can say "An anonymous indie dev reached out to me to say that Nick DMed her asking for nudes" and it's not going to lead people to anyone in particular. And that would've been enough for me to say "Nick you DUMB FUCKER". You don't have to get into the major details like "An anonymous friend of mine who worked at Volition was approached by Nick at GDC etc etc etc" where people can triangulate poo poo. Just say "hey this journalist shared with me that she was harassed by Nick (x) times"

I take that stuff way more seriously than a sudden DUNK ON EM driveby shitpost with no clarification. like i said when this first broke "this'll be a bummer if it's true" but I also couldn't tell if this was a real thing or if it was one of those 'not your shield' things because twitter is a blighted wasteland of bad actors

A close personal friend of his breaking away is real real stuff.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 4, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Varam posted:

Yeah, the guy stepping up and calling Nick out on his bullshit and triggering a general venting about it is definitely acting in bad faith because he didn't prepare a full legal case to present to you beforehand.

When things like this spill out of private channels like this, it's going to be messy. This is hosed up real life, not content. It's not there for you.
I understand that but in the moment it just looked like a shitpost because of what it was in response to and how it was an attempt at a burn, but you had to be in the know to understand what the gently caress was going on. It was the opening volley that I saw and 99% of the tweets in the twitter search at the time were just about Nick complaining about Overcooked so it looked like one person just stirring up poo poo. It's a person venting but you can't get mad at other people for seeing that out of nowhere and wondering if it's a troll or not.

This is not really germane at this point, just an explanation for why there were a lot of pages of "huh????" because it was a legit "huh???" moment.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

is there anyone else at polygon that doesn't really care about Skyrim but would enjoy seeing mods of Skyrim

or maybe Griffin can just move on to Fallout series. Fallout Boys

holy poo poo FALLOUT BOYS

FALLOUT BOYS HOW DID THEY NOT DO A SERIES CALLED FALLOUT BOYS

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also I feel bad for the dude that made all the Cool Games Inc animated videos cause that was clearly a highlight of that person's job

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

For what it's worth, this week's let's go to hell still hasn't been posted. (Poolgames Inc is still Polygon's featured video however)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Chris Plante just came back to Polygon and he used to do a lot of Overview videos with Griffin so he's also a possible swap-in

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sout posted:

is B^U a creep? haven't heard about this
You've never heard of JACKIE?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Just as a reminder the original accusation involved "women in games" not fans on the boundary, the devs who have been harassed by Nick haven't talked about what he's done because of the repercussions of doing that

The more explosive the content the less likely it would be shared publicly because of the proportional response it would get from gamergate

The majority of what happened is likely only going to be seen by chris grant

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if the mcelroys ever break bad it will be solely their video game opinions, like how Griffin thinks Rockstar's Bully is bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

New CGI is late this week, wonder what's up
Games aren't cool anymore

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNMF1v_jVHo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Russ is fine, people are just venting frustrations which is also fine

Also how about Griffin does a podcast with his months-old baby where they watch every episode of Pokemon

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The best thing about Travis is that he treats cameras much like a child does, and puts on a big stupid smile like a 3 year old that was told not to do something that then does that thing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Travis' biggest crime is actually saying worrshsushtershre sauce

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ojjeorago posted:

I liked Peacecraft, lil Griffy should do more MMO stuff.
i was gonna post "elder strolls" as a joke but then I realized that was an actual thing that PC Gamer did years ago

Guild Chores
Planetstride
ARK Relaxing Evolved
Pardon Our Rust
Compliance
Pacifestiny

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 9, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/WatchVRV/status/895347948959039488

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Arthur's final gently caress you as he leaves: a 7.0 score

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

How can they possibly have time for a second season when they're going to be too busy expanding the Trolls Cinematic Universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Do I make you RANDY baby!!!