Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
There's that one episode where they got real serious about being nerds for like 40 minutes, but... we don't like to talk about that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
This episode is truly unimaginable.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXxfabOa_Gg

Breaker breaker, good buddy, we got a great job.

10/10, everybody go watch what a good good road brother Griffin is.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Travis doing his impression of Griffin this week made me laugh out loud in public.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Improbable Lobster posted:

MaxFun seems like complete garbo and I have never been even vaguely tempted to listen to a non-McElroy MaxFun show.

I used to listen to a ton of 'em before I discovered good podcasts and yeah, this is mostly a good instinct. Lots of twee nonsense.

Stop Podcasting Yourself is solid, despite falling squarely in the "couple'a white guys in a room talkin'" category of podcasts, Dave and Graham are funny and have good chemistry so it works (not so much in the ads, but then again the McElroy ads often aren't great either). Highlights include guest Charlie Demers referring to the lead singer of Mini Kiss as "Recessive Gene Simmons," Jon Dore irritating the living poo poo out of Dave on all his appearances, the Lessons Learned from Flex Magazine Theme Song performed by PFT (who's been on a ton and seems to love the show), Graham constantly getting dragged into fights on public transit despite seeming like a jovial Canadian hobo, and Dave getting shot in the head that one time.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I've been rewatching some of the older Overviews with Justin and Griffin and man I loved this bit from Nosgoth. "So where does this leave us, vis-a-vis gothic romance?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qZF-TIe_2k&t=1089s

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"Dad! I've got adult balls and no Pizza Launcher!"

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
That Justin story about the cursed self-defense hatchet is now a top five MBMBAM moment for me, what an image.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
What subject are they covering this year? Fashion, sports?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Anyone remember which MBMBAM had the story about Justin watching a documentary about what is considered to be THE best place place on Earth to go scuba diving, and realizing he'd been there before but didn't actually bother to go diving and instead opted to go watch crab races or something equally stupid? It was a fairly recent episode, but I've relistened to like half a dozen hunting for it and haven't gotten it yet (I was certain it was Seaburglars of the Archipelago but it wasn't).

EDIT:

Asiina posted:

I think it was 334: BYOBurger because I remember listening to it at a bus stop and it was near the story about whether the squirrel cookies someone brought was just for dogs or were also people food and I couldn't stop laughing.

Yep that was it, thanks!

Crindee fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 21, 2017

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
The show is fantastic but man am I having to pause and walk around the room a lot during this teens episode.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Just a heads up if anyone's interested, the intro to the latest Besties is Justin telling a brief tale about getting his yellow belt, thus beginning his journey to become a living weapon.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
New Awful Squad is gettin' real weird with all the mommy stuff but man I love watching these goobers be terrible at this game, the day they git gud is the day I stop watching.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
https://youtu.be/i3c0tkVKf70

McElroy-adjacent but Nick and Pat just spent half an hour talking about how good Wolfenstein: The New Order is and they are completely right.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Democratic Pirate posted:

I heard it as "live eps while we brainstorm ideas for the next campaign, then we live-workshop some one-off stories in the different worlds to see what's best."

Also the only stream of Awful Squad I have watched was very boring because it was Russ picking up and dropping guns while Griffin was yelling "holy poo poo things are popping off here" and coordinating boat escapes in the background.

This is unironically my favorite, the idea that amazing action movie poo poo is going down off-camera while Russ carefully manages his inventory makes me laugh so hard.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Just tuned in and Russ was slowly sorting through a dead guy's loot while the dude's buddy was killing the rest of the team. I'm home.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Catching up on the last Awful Squad and saw this treasure:

- Russ enters house, notices zombie following him, panics, shuts door
- Russ sees gun on the floor, immediately forgets about zombie despite already having similar gun
- zombie basically instantly gets past the door and starts punching Russ from behind while he's in inventory dick-around mode
- Russ finally turns around and fires... with the empty gun he failed to load

He's not bad, he's a performance artist and you guys just don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Late to this but the revelation during Tower of Error that someone hacked Justin's OpenTable account in order to make him a reservation for one at Guy Fieri's restaurant is insane