Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
That song title made me roll my eyes real, real bad but dang that's a great song. That's my favorite of the new batch so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Hey guys, the album is in Spotify.

LA Girlz, Do You Wanna Get High?, Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori, and Endless Bummer are early favorites for me. I think California Kids is also good, and I'm warming up to King of the World.

I wish Rivers was using a teensy bit less falsetto... I also think I preferred the previous album's production.

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 1, 2016

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

DominoDancing posted:

I feel like there is a legitimately good song in Jacked Up, but it's produced completely wrong from start to end.

I agree. I was initially extremely resistant to it because it has that Rivers Does Hip Hop sound that comes off sorta half-baked, combined with the alarmingly high pitched vocals. I kept coming back to it, though, because I think the tune is actually pretty loving good, and it's infectious in a way that's hard to put my finger on. I think the bridge is fantastic, and fits musically with the verses but stylistically it sounds like a different song. Could be a symptom of being overproduced. I don't fault them for trying something different but I don't think it comes off as sincere as most of the other songs on the album.

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 5, 2016

• Locked thread