Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
So it's been pointed out to me that one of the angels during the fight at the castle was using a broken sword.

That's harsh.

e: Only marking as spoilers due to the speed of the translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Desuwa posted:

So it's been pointed out to me that one of the angels during the fight at the castle was using a broken sword.

That's harsh.

e: Only marking as spoilers due to the speed of the translation.

Bow and sword
http://i.imgur.com/h6Y9yOG.jpg

Bow and sword
http://i.imgur.com/P3hQAqk.jpg

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Where're my daily 6 Helck chapters

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

How the gently caress did I miss this

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Pretty sure that other guy is supposed to be the hard-nosed but good-hearted noble guy, just beautified due to the hero gene.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I burned out on reading this sometime shortly after they got off that island. I think they kiled an orc and then i was like "eh, time for something else

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

HenryEx posted:

I burned out on reading this sometime shortly after they got off that island. I think they kiled an orc and then i was like "eh, time for something else

There are 52 chapters translated and the translator has only been working for 20 days. How on Earth do you burn out?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Actual quote between me and my friend about HELCK:

"Helck is great. I'm like two chapters behind, I just started his flashback."
"Yeah, about that..."
"Wait poo poo seriously? They're moving that fast?"

My reaction to the flashback:

http://i.imgur.com/doFrSXJ.jpg

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Pretty sure that other guy is supposed to be the hard-nosed but good-hearted noble guy, just beautified due to the hero gene.

Who?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zellial or whatever.

The guy who joined Cless on his quest to beat the Demon King.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Three people went with Helck to rescue Cless. That'd be the third guy.

Also, I hope the Helck-translating-machine is okay.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Zellial or whatever.

The guy who joined Cless on his quest to beat the Demon King.

Oh yeah that's obvious, I was just confused by "beautified" cause he looks exactly the same.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Not quite. In the flashback arc he appears more stone-faced and serious, whereas when he shows up in the present he's sharp and elegant with wavier hair.

Not a huge surprise, but it stuck out at me when I went back to comb through earlier chapters.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 16, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think the wavier hair is just because of earlier art. He looks much more like he did in the flashback in future chapters, except evil-looking.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Who is the little dude, then?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Who is the little dude, then?

A guy in Zell's squad called Haraolle

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Zell? He's one of the three winged soldier/angel guys along with the short guy and face-covered one that's almost 100% Alicia that went in after Winged!Edil.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

El Burbo posted:

I think the wavier hair is just because of earlier art. He looks much more like he did in the flashback in future chapters, except evil-looking.

Hmm, I thought it was just one of those things where of course the hero gene makes you prettier/more handsome if you've got the right resonance.

Oh well.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Hmm, I thought it was just one of those things where of course the hero gene makes you prettier/more handsome if you've got the right resonance.

Oh well.

I don't think the power of the hero is something genetic. It seems to be a some otherworldy power that's related to the poison in the demon land and the New World Organisms.

"that world"

Other instances of this power include the barbarian king and the minotaur curse of darkness. My speculation after rereading the whole thing is that the goal of the human king is to destroy the demon kingdom, the one's keeping the monster spawning poison in check, so that the power gets released to the whole world. Like Azudora says, if the demons die, "A new world will be born".

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I hope eventually we get to see whatever it is that the empire thinks is "SSS" level dangerous up north, considering even heroes like Cless (Helck is obviously outside the realm of the ordinary) were seen as C rank threats.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I wonder if it's just a coincidence that it was snowing that day and that the forceful hero awakening spell takes the form of snow.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
narrative convenience is one of the universe's most powerful forces

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

El Burbo posted:

I don't think the power of the hero is something genetic. It seems to be a some otherworldy power that's related to the poison in the demon land and the New World Organisms.
I'm just calling it that for short, I don't know/think/presume it's actually something genetic - beyond the fact that all humans apparently possesses the "Potential" to become heroes in a way that other species do not.

Thus far the series seems to suggest an unholy marriage of magic and medicine.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

HenryEx posted:

I got bored during the flashback, personally

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I figure that humans are descended from a strong, angel-like race and that heroes are throwbacks. The part about going to kill the demon lord is entirely cultural, and they don't have any particular connection to demons at all.

Though that one nobleman seemed to awaken demons while Helck was trying to talk to them. I wonder if that is how they prevented the hero party from communicating with demons? Just repeating the same trick over and over until they all believed that turning giant and attacking was just how demons are.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 16, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Though that one nobleman seemed to awaken demons while Helck was trying to talk to them. I wonder if that is how they prevented the hero party from communicating with demons? Just repeating the same trick over and over until they all believed that turning giant and attacking was just how demons are.

At the very least, that seems to be what the archmage guy did to the Demon king so that Cless would kill him.

The very first page:

Here he looks all swole and deformed like all the other forced awakening guys, and also looks nothing like how he was shown later in this flashback panel

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Maybe the translator

is Helck himself...?! :stare:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Helck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1gVwUDz0Ts

It's gonna end with everyone dead.

You keep saying that but the running motif of Helck is remaining strong and pleasant in the face of everything.

It would be really dumb for it to have a super down ending if the theme is perseverance.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Even if Helck can't save his comrades or Alicia he won't let him self be consumed by anger and will show them his smile one last time, like he promised.

I bet he'll save them though because he's Helck and nothing will stop the gosh darned Helck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ytlaya posted:

Maybe the translator

is Helck himself...?! :stare:

Watch out for recurring explosion sounds, You may be living close to Helck.

Also Helck kicks rear end.
It kicks a lotta rear end.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Watch out for recurring explosion sounds, You may be living close to Helck.

Also Helck kicks rear end.
It kicks a lotta rear end.

A~lright

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sharkopath posted:

It would be really dumb for it to have a super down ending if the theme is perseverance.

Dont you mean

Determination.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://bato.to/reader#3007f5bbe706ef5c

Pages are slow to load but the chapters are good

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Helck
I need somebody
Helck
Not just anybody

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I believe that Helck and Anne can save everyone.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

I believe that Helck and Anne can save everyone.

I have no clue why helck would trust or believe them when they say it cantbbe done.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What I hope (happy ending with Alicia and the others saved) and what I fear (dark/bitter ending) are two different things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGbja6xxM2w

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I have no clue why helck would trust or believe them when they say it cantbbe done.

He was full of despair there, now that he's been through happier experiences he will surely find a way

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I can't believe how strong and brave Helck is. Truly an inspiration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Helck's allies may be done for but he can still "Save" them in the sense that they can be freed from the fate that's befallen them.

• Locked thread