Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Helck may not be able to save them by punching things, but he has friends who may be able to help if he punches things for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah, I hope that the evil dudes are in fact lying about there not being a way to undo the awakening. Even if they're sure it can't be done, it's a big world out there with literal magic in it, so it's very possible there's a way to do it that's beyond their knowledge.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
It looks like most of his friends kept their memories, so hopefully getting rid of the mind control will restore their personalities and just leave them super buff with wings.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Helck and Vamirio and their friends are gonna fix this lovely world with the power of friendship! Heck yeah!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

NowonSA posted:

Yeah, I hope that the evil dudes are in fact lying about there not being a way to undo the awakening. Even if they're sure it can't be done, it's a big world out there with literal magic in it, so it's very possible there's a way to do it that's beyond their knowledge.

Let's all believe in Anne from Management.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

chumbler posted:

I believe that Helck and Anne can save everyone.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Terper posted:

Helck and Vamirio and their friends are gonna fix this lovely world with the power of friendship! Helck yeah!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The demons are too dumb and nice to be defeated by the deceptive rantings of evil wizards

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Terper posted:

Helck and Vamirio and their friends are gonna fix this lovely world with the power of friendship! Heck yeah!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

So Cless can "awaken" others by force and that's how he killed the Demon King and why whatshisface wanted him for his whole plan?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Even though I expected something like this, I was so glad when it hit. Sorry for the giant empty block, apparently you can't spoiler a timg.

Also I somehow hadn't noticed that her hood had additions for her ears.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 17, 2016

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

So Cless can "awaken" others by force and that's how he killed the Demon King and why whatshisface wanted him for his whole plan?

No, whatshisface went with him and awakened the Demon King so that Cless wouldn't have a chance to find out the Demons are friendly.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Ooooooh poo poo that makes sense.

But what exactly then is Cless's ability that is so valuable?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Maybe Helck's entire story is all lies and he actually is going to destroy the demons

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Ytlaya posted:

Maybe Helck's entire story is all lies and he actually is going to destroy the demons

Helck would never do something like that. He only hates humans.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUrC5R30Ofk

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

NecroMonster posted:

Maybe people around him slowly become awakened or become more susceptible to awakening, and the archmage is accelerating or amplifying that somehow?

Kind of makes sense, maybe being around Cless is what awakened Helck, and the Helck we know is the insane awakened version, it's just that he's been that way since a child so he's not as drunk on power.

Obligatory Helck is good and the translator is amazing

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

Ooooooh poo poo that makes sense.

I think it's just that he's a natural hero. Helck could conceivably be used as a key too.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I can't imagine an outcome where he can't save Alicia.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Can't or don't want to?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I believe in Helck

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

the big loving hole in her head kills her the instant the curse/transformation/whatever is dispelled

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo posted:

alright, like i said, i made lotsa avs

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They just have to do the dark forbidden demon magic that turns every human into demons, which will make them all nice and likeable people again

conflict over.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's possible simply killing the Human King will be enough to free everyone from his thrall, but while that's all well and good for the people who retained their sense of self what about those who lost their identities?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

It's possible simply killing the Human King will be enough to free everyone from his thrall, but while that's all well and good for the people who retained their sense of self what about those who lost their identities?

they just said that in chapter 53 that the only thing keeping the awakened humans from destroying the world is the kings magic. kill the king the awakened people will just rampage across the planet.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Well, that answers that then.

I saw chapter 53 got uploaded to Batoto but the site kept crashing and not loading pages so I figured I'd just look into it later.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

they just said that in chapter 53 that the only thing keeping the awakened humans from destroying the world is the kings magic. kill the king the awakened people will just rampage across the planet.

Yeah, but that's the dudes who work for the king saying that, don't you trust them.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Incredibly pissed off Helck is probably the one thing that no number of them could have stopped, so it makes sense they'd lie to try to buy some time and he just fell for it.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i dont know what's going to happen, but im sure Helck wil find a way

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i dont know what's going to happen, but im sure Helck wil find a way

If not Helck, then Anne and Azudora and all their friends.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I have now read chapter 53 and I'm glad Vamirio finally trusts Helck.

Anyway, yeah, Sharky's right. You gotta take anything the bad guys say in this situation with a grain of salt.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I wonder if they'll revisit the Toosu-men/Barbarians. The magic used there was eerily similar.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I wonder if they'll revisit the Toosu-men/Barbarians. The magic used there was eerily similar.

All the transformative magic has been similar. They all probably come from the same source, the "other world" that's responsible for New World Organisms.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

The fact that heroes don't die is what actually makes them threatening, so as long as killing the king stops them from coming back to life the awakened can be stopped even if they go on a rampage.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Herbotron posted:

The fact that heroes don't die is what actually makes them threatening, so as long as killing the king stops them from coming back to life the awakened can be stopped even if they go on a rampage.

That's still basically committing genocide though, if all of humanity really has been turned into them.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

There are probably a few pockets of humanity left untainted but yeah, the vast majority of us would have to be put down.

Surviving humans would be an endangered species.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

chumbler posted:

That's still basically committing genocide though, if all of humanity really has been turned into them.

Well, the only real humans left, unless there are more on other continents or something, are Helck and the nobles. I dunno about the one's who retained their sense of self, so far the worst we've seen of them that can't be traced to orders from the king is that they're mad with power, maybe they can be reasoned with, especially if they can actually be threatened with death. Stopping them from rampaging around doesn't necessarily mean killing them.
The awakened who've gone really insane are no different from monsters though, they're really not qualified to be considered to be who they were before.
Or maybe it can be mostly reversed. :shrug:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Herbotron posted:

Well, the only real humans left, unless there are more on other continents or something, are Helck and the nobles. I dunno about the one's who retained their sense of self, so far the worst we've seen of them that can't be traced to orders from the king is that they're mad with power, maybe they can be reasoned with, especially if they can actually be threatened with death. Stopping them from rampaging around doesn't necessarily mean killing them.
The awakened who've gone really insane are no different from monsters though, they're really not qualified to be considered to be who they were before.
Or maybe it can be mostly reversed. :shrug:

Why do you think the nobles were spared? No one involved gave a gently caress about propping up the useless nobility. We even saw that fat noble get awakened by the snow, so he was probably told that it wouldn't affect him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, the nobles got hosed too. The only unchanged people left are the king, Mikaros, and Rafaed. And I think out of all those, Rafaed is the only one that's actually human.

• Locked thread