Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I want to meet the other 2 heavenly Kings, the (presumably) 2 Guardian Kings, and the Emperor.

I'm also curious about the Northern threat, as apparently they consider it distinct from the New World stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
WANT TO BELIEVE [in Helck]: 5

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chapter 54 was very pleasant, and Anne canonically has a very bad poker face.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The human king is going to capture Piuy and try to awaken them but will inadvertently create an unstoppable monster with an iron will. Piuy bows to no one.

These are my Piuy theories.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I want to meet the other 2 heavenly Kings, the (presumably) 2 Guardian Kings, and the Emperor.

We already have Vamirio (Vermilion Bird) and Azudora (Azure Dragon), so the last two would have some silly name based on White Tiger and Black Tortoise

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

El Burbo posted:

We already have Vamirio (Vermilion Bird) and Azudora (Azure Dragon), so the last two would have some silly name based on White Tiger and Black Tortoise

Well yeah obviously but I want to see their personas and designs. If the Demons thus far are any indication, the Emperor is presumably the biggest goob in the land. The other two heavenly kings and the Guardians probably are doofs of some kind too.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Well yeah obviously but I want to see their personas and designs. If the Demons thus far are any indication, the Emperor is presumably the biggest goob in the land.

Well, he's a giant dragon, so that's cool

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oh god, looks like some death flags are being raised for Asuta.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

No.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

No talking about death flags in the Helck thread, cause that kind of posting always blows.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

Chapter 54 was very pleasant, and Anne canonically has a very bad poker face.

Her Acting Level is only 2, after all.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

She's the character I'm most scared for, but she will live because I love her

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

El Burbo posted:

She's super fast, and would probably escape from any trouble because of it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

El Burbo posted:

This is a good reminder of one of the things I really like about Helck. It has very simple and generally practical clothing designs but still makes them memorable and distinct. Also lots of people are wearing gloves.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

This is a good reminder of one of the things I really like about Helck. It has very simple and generally practical clothing designs but still makes them memorable and distinct. Also lots of people are wearing gloves.

Fantasy clothing design can get really bad really fast, so its cool yeah.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

chumbler posted:

Asuta can't die because she's great and is going to be my next avatar.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

My OTP is Hyura and Edil

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

El Burbo posted:

My OTP is Hyura and Edil

You are a good man

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Turns out what can save the human race is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiLr0Sz-tKI

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Sharkopath posted:

She's super fast, and would probably escape from any trouble because of it.

Yeah probably...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm still not quite clear on what position the demon that Cless killed had. Was he the king of all the demons? Or was he just king of that particular castle?

chumbler posted:

She's had death flags since she was first introduced.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 18, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RatHat posted:

I'm still not quite clear on what position the demon that Cless killed had. Was he the king of all the demons? Or was he just king of that particular castle?

She's had death flags since she was first introduced.

He was just a regional King (more like a Lord than a King). Azudora and Vermilio are higher up than he was. I think I remember the humans thinking he was the King of all the demons, though. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnonSpore posted:

He was just a regional King (more like a Lord than a King). Azudora and Vermilio are higher up than he was. I think I remember the humans thinking he was the King of all the demons, though. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

You are correct on all counts here.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Here's a handy chart for future reference

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I loved that they randomly killed the big beast on the way to town.
Defeating a monster before triggering that sidequest is a stable of RPGs.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Just read trough everything translated, thanks for making a thread or I would never have heard of this.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

El Burbo posted:

Here's a handy chart for future reference

Have they actually mentioned the "Empire Guardian King" other than here?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

No, but you can see their silhouettes under the Dragon Emperor in this page

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Ah, somehow I thought that Helck was trying to become the Demon King in charge of everyone, not the one in charge of a single castle and the surrounding region. That makes much more sense, and explains why the top demon competitors had power levels in the 50-ish range while the 4 heavenly kings were shown to be way stronger.

I'm worried about Asuta since it is about time for the humans to accomplish something in the battle against the demons.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

El Burbo posted:

No, but you can see their silhouettes under the Dragon Emperor in this page

Nah thats the two other heavenly kings.

Vv:oh man they look like dramatic shading on the rock.
Nice eye.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 18, 2016

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Nah thats the two other heavenly kings.

Burbo is talking about the hooded silhouettes directly beneath the dragon

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

RabidWeasel posted:

Azudora mentions that when he's talking to the humans during the castle assault, if I remember correctly.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

NowonSA posted:

Ah, somehow I thought that Helck was trying to become the Demon King in charge of everyone, not the one in charge of a single castle and the surrounding region. That makes much more sense, and explains why the top demon competitors had power levels in the 50-ish range while the 4 heavenly kings were shown to be way stronger.

Yeah one of the things that this manga has going for it is that it's been teasing a much bigger universe than we've seen so far (which is already pretty big). Wonder if we'll ever get to see "the northern threat."

Bremen posted:

Also Saitama.

This is dumb because Helck would never say "it's just a hobby." Also he can bleed.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Wow, this is good!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
PARTY TIME! :byodood:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Yeah one of the things that this manga has going for it is that it's been teasing a much bigger universe than we've seen so far (which is already pretty big). Wonder if we'll ever get to see "the northern threat."

Based on context it might be a shitload of new world Monsters. Or a Rival Empire.

Or what im actually expecting and its whole race of people like the Human King who just love to experiment on and puppeteer entire races.

Itd be ironic if the only thing that kept the humans living in their relative amount of safety is the Empire.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 18, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Based on context it might be a shitload of new world Monsters. Or a Rival Empire.

Or what im actually expecting and its whole race of people like the Human King who just love to experiment on and puppeteer entire races.

Itd be ironic if the only thing that kept the humans living in their relative amount of safety is the Empire.

That was exactly what happened when they took out the Demon King.

The demons were constantly rebuffing monster attacks.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah, the demons consider the monsters solely their problem and a major purpose of those castles are to deal with them before they get to other lands.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I want to know more about about the dude with the doghands. He rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I want to know more about about the dude with the doghands. He rules

Here's a doghand man fact. His name is Ruberos, which is a pun on Cerberus.

Cerberus is Kerberos, which becomes Keruberos, which becomes Ruberos.

• Locked thread