Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She's my favorite girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wasnt much for the vamirio = vegeta theory, but with that much evidence how could anyone deny it?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Xy Hapu posted:

I missed this too:

This is some Da Vinci Code poo poo!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
My world is being rocked right now

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ahhhh, poo poo. I should have made my dude in dragons dogma helck.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Finally managed to catch one of Rello's threads.

I'm glad we're almost caught up but I'm sad we won't have any more mass chapter uploads.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I feel like once we're caught up the complete mania will subside a bit and we can treat it like a normal weekly series. It'll be liberating.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Rodyle posted:

I feel like once we're caught up the complete mania will subside a bit and we can treat it like a normal weekly series. It'll be liberating.

HELCK

Bad Seafood posted:

Finally managed to catch one of Rello's threads.

I'm glad we're almost caught up but I'm sad we won't have any more mass chapter uploads.

Being caught up is sad, enjoy these fleeting moments of happiness

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm assuming that online-only magazines are generally considered "lower tier" than actual printed ones, right? If that's true, it's kind of depressing that a comic as good as Helck could only get printed in one.

The various people in comments sections and what have you "shipping" Helck and Vamirio are crazy. I don't think there's been a single hint in the entire comic so far of there being any romantic tension between the two of them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Helck sees her as a child and a friend, is all.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nipponophile posted:

Big text: "Somehow not a bird"

Correction: it says "Something that's not a bird"

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think they'd make a cute couple, but mercenary captain is a much better match for Helck, assuming they manage to fix humanity.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rello continues his Helck-like scanlating pace and the latest chapters are out on Kissmanga:

Chapter 57A - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-057a--Searching-Inside-the-Castle?id=261809

Chapter 57B - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-057b?id=261808

Chapter 58 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-058--Mysterious-Girl?id=261810

In which we learn that Asuta is a very principled spy and also the best girl in the series.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think they'd make a cute couple, but mercenary captain is a much better match for Helck, assuming they manage to fix humanity.

Both Helck and Alicia have a piece of Hero Killer... rather worrying. A piece is enough to kill a hero and almost all humans currently classify don't they?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I love this. Asuta basically has all the spy related feats and skills but still uses the spy low level gear because that's what you're supposed to do.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mindblast posted:

Both Helck and Alicia have a piece of Hero Killer... rather worrying. A piece is enough to kill a hero and almost all humans currently classify don't they?

Its weakened, and if the full, yet a bit degraded from time, Hero Killer couldnt kill Helck then I doubt the broken one can kill Helck, Cless or possibly the high compatibility Humans.
Might be more than enough for the standard troops though.

Speaking of swords:
Slightly cursed sword hasnt come back up, has it?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Ytlaya posted:

I'm assuming that online-only magazines are generally considered "lower tier" than actual printed ones, right? If that's true, it's kind of depressing that a comic as good as Helck could only get printed in one.

The various people in comments sections and what have you "shipping" Helck and Vamirio are crazy. I don't think there's been a single hint in the entire comic so far of there being any romantic tension between the two of them.
there are VERY FEW exceptions like murata's OPM but by and large online only manga are poorly drawn and bad in general

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Speaking of swords:
Slightly cursed sword hasnt come back up, has it?

Not yet, but Vamiro's been handling all the fighting since then anyway to not risk Helck going berkserk fighting something unimportant.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Um is this the same girl that Helck and Cless met as kids? Does she not age?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

She's older.

The fall of the human kingdom happened very recently, she's about the same age she was when we last saw her.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Um is this the same girl that Helck and Cless met as kids? Does she not age?

yes. no.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

She's older.

The fall of the human kingdom happened very recently, she's about the same age she was when we last saw her.

yea helck got sent straight to the demon world at the end of his flashback and the tournament was set to start even before then, so it might even be the same year

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

hmm

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

this is good.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

this is good.

tis.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
A lot times this seems like a PG version of Berserk.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

One thing i noticed is that the dog faced deamon that fights with two dog puppets is supposed be a cerberus.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Budget Prefuse posted:

this is good.

:agreed:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

asuta's stock has skyrocketed after these two chapters, but out of respect to my dear friend burbo i will stay away.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

harpy best girl

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what gender is piuy

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

what gender is piuy

P, for Piuy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its weakened, and if the full, yet a bit degraded from time, Hero Killer couldnt kill Helck then I doubt the broken one can kill Helck, Cless or possibly the high compatibility Humans.
Might be more than enough for the standard troops though.

But Helck was only scratched with the sword, IIRC, and that put him out of commission. If he were actually deeply stabbed with it, the effect would probably be much greater.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think a relationship between Vamirio and Helck is also almost physically impossible, so Alicia, who is the size of a normal human, is probably a better fit.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I think a relationship between Vamirio and Helck is also almost physically impossible, so Alicia, who is the size of a normal human, is probably a better fit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ytlaya posted:

But Helck was only scratched with the sword, IIRC, and that put him out of commission. If he were actually deeply stabbed with it, the effect would probably be much greater.

noooope

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea helck got sent straight to the demon world at the end of his flashback and the tournament was set to start even before then, so it might even be the same year

In one of the first couple chapters they say that it had been 3 months since the demon king died.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Oh yeah looks like you're right. In the bottom panel it looks sorta like a more grazing blow, but the top definitely makes it clear he was stabbed straight through.

It still has the power to at least put him out of commission though, even if it doesn't kill him.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

In one of the first couple chapters they say that it had been 3 months since the demon king died.

some time passed between that and the end of the flashback and them presumably between then and the chapter 1 tho doesn't it?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

some time passed between that and the end of the flashback and them presumably between then and the chapter 1 tho doesn't it?

No? It said very clearly that it had been 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

No? It said very clearly that it had been 3 months.

o yea I'm dumb you're right. was not thinking at all

• Locked thread