Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mikl posted:

I like that this chapter shows that the awakened humans still have a little bit of free will. Edil, for example, clearly intervened in the fight between Mikaros and Hyura to save Hyura's life. It's probably some sort of "exact words" thing going on, i.e. the king says "go and fight the demons" without any specific details. This allows the humans to follow the orders to the letter while still being able to do as they wish. I just hope Mikaros doesn't figure it out, or that loophole will be closed real quick.

The controlled humans pulling the old jackass literal genie routine on the king would make a lot of sense, especially that the ones with some level of personality left probably aren't exactly happy about being forced into essentially being slaves like that.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I doubt either will die just yet. I expect azudora to win but mikaros will pull off what he came to do on some level anyway because the humans need to have a victory over the demons at some point to seem like a threat

They need a victory at some point, but their threat comes from how they will never stop on account of being endlessly resurrected upon death. They're like the borg, even if you win they're going to come back just that little bit more dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i think the demon sword azudora has looks just like the hero slayer sword alicia has. the crossguard is the same. i bet azudora gave it to alicia's grandpa or something, and then he became peaceful azudora

Azudora is Alicia's grandpa, he was so ready to trust Helck because she wrote to him about this huge buff guy she totally had the hots for.

• Locked thread