Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
So let me get this straight, Helck is basically Toriko and Komatsu merged into one character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

NowonSA posted:

Ah, somehow I thought that Helck was trying to become the Demon King in charge of everyone, not the one in charge of a single castle and the surrounding region. That makes much more sense, and explains why the top demon competitors had power levels in the 50-ish range while the 4 heavenly kings were shown to be way stronger.

Yeah one of the things that this manga has going for it is that it's been teasing a much bigger universe than we've seen so far (which is already pretty big). Wonder if we'll ever get to see "the northern threat."

Bremen posted:

Also Saitama.

This is dumb because Helck would never say "it's just a hobby." Also he can bleed.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
The hero killer is pretty drat terrible.

Heroes killed by hero killer thus far:

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I gotta admit the fight sequences are kinda meh. This manga is all about dialogue and faces.

But even so it's really good mainly because

El Burbo posted:

I'm not sure who will win

edit:

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i cant believe we are caught up

I'm assuming this is a weekly release? Please let it be weekly. This could go for another hundred chapters easy.

ANIME AKBAR fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 20, 2016

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

ViggyNash posted:

I love this manga so far, but I wish HELCK had more facial variety than "jolly" and "serious".

Don't forget "HELLO!"

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

PlaneGuy posted:

where the poo poo is helck? It's his comic for fucks sake
It's okay he's right next to Piuy.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Wow the last couple chapters were starting to slip into shounen tropes but this just turned the dial up to 11, in a really good way. This is approaching TTGL levels of BURNING SPIRIT.

edit: but I don't get what happened on this page, did the bad guy get repelled by Helck's resolve or was there an actual attack...?

ANIME AKBAR fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 17, 2016

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Oh now I see that spiky energy coming from off panel is from the spell he was about to use, not from Helck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Calling it, the dude in the flashback is the Human king.

• Locked thread