Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tsob posted:

Where is it implied or stated that they forcibly awakened Cless out of interest? The flashback chapter that has him become a hero just says that he awakened sometime between ages 5 and 16 and says nothing about it being unusual or due to outside interference. Was it implied in a different chapter that they caused it to happen?

It was not implied or stated. This is just a couple people misunderstanding a very simple narrative. Rafaed and Mikaros took an interest in Cless because they randomly found a kid who was going to awaken and they needed a hero. They did not take an interest in a random kid and make him awaken when any other kid would have sufficed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tsob posted:

Rafaed and Mikaros didn't take an interest in a kid at all though, Sharuami did. She just wanted to help a kid because she's a good person and her father indulged her because he's still her dad regardless of what else he may be doing. Rafaed had some conversations with Cless after that point that inspired Cless to train and become a soldier and that's about it. They only took a real interest in him when he exhibited unusual strength as a soldier as far as I can see.

Mikaros was the person they got to heal Cless. When Mikaros did so, he discovered that Cless was a latent hero. Rafaed was just humoring Sharuami, and Mikaros in turn humored Rafaed. Or maybe it was an order, I dunno. Their relationship isn't very clear.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I didn't really think that the king was a person. He survived a sword to the head, and it didn't seem like it bothered him at all. But why would Rafaed put on a show of talking to the king in front of someone he is going to kill and his unconscious daughter? Even if Rafaed lets Asuta escape you would think that keeping his daughter's ability secret would be way more important than maintaining a lie no one questioned to begin with. In other words, the king is totally a real person unless there is some crazy 3d chess stuff going on way over my head. So, on top of Rafaed whose abilities and motivations are completely unknown, we now also have the king whose motivations are unknown.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Voted Worst Mom posted:

You guys seem to know more about the King than the story has shown so far. We thought the King wasn't a character in and of themselves, but other than that we still have no clue who or what he is or why do this now for that matter?

These aren't future spoilers because there are no untranslated chapters. We know that the king hasn't done anything but talk, use mind control, and survive a sword to the head. Anything else is speculation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Torquemadras posted:

Is it weird that I'm slowly starting to root for the evil humans, here?

I mean, they basically spent the entire story so far getting owned by demons and being dreadfully underleveled :ohdear: Even their most powerful dudes get slapped around by the demon's elite... I kind of want them to have some sort of victory and start overtaking the demons, given how much grinding they've done. They had this much buildup, time to show them as a true threat.

I believe in you, evil self-genocidal humans! You can do it!

Counterpoint: demons are cool dudes and humans are terrible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I just marathonned all of Helck and why is there not more :negative:

There is still the piuy thread.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He is the king of a fallen country because he is the king of the humans, whose country has fallen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tsob posted:

Do you actually believe that?

We know him as the king of the humans. The country of humans has fallen. Why assume that he must be the king of some other country that has never been mentioned which coincidentally also fell?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I believe in Helck, Piuy, and to a lesser extent Vamirio.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He considers himself above humanity rather than an exceptional human.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rodyle posted:

I mean I guess asking for self-awareness from a literal evil wizard is putting me expectations too high, but he is JUST an awakened human that's lived for a long time and he's seen wrenches thrown in the works repeatedly by Cless, Helck, and now Edil, you'd think he'd start giving the other chatty angels the side eye at some point.

Mikaros' defining trait is his enormous ego. Even against the dude who traumatized him for centuries he was still completely convinced that he could easily win or at least escape. The problem is, his confidence has been completely justified thus far so I want someone to punch him a lot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Helck wins cooking contests when the judges are species he has never seen before. It is just a higher standard than mere mortals can achieve.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ha ha, Mikaros you dumbass. I believe in Helck.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Vamirio seems like she would completely overwhelm Mikaros in a fight. Teleporting around an area doesn't work very well when that area is completely on fire. Also, regenerating from wounds doesn't work very well when those wounds and every other part of your body are on fire.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gently caress humans. Let 'em all die.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The jerkfaces are so contemptuous of the demons that they don't even consider that having friends makes Helck stronger.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

piuy will put on a bandana and helck will cannonball special him into alicia, breaking the spell over her

Piuy can fly on his own, though?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Davincie posted:

boring chap

liar

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I liked when Vamirio effortlessly dodged that dick's DEVIOUS SNEAK ATTACK THAT WOULD DRIVE HELCK TO DESPAIR.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He kind of has to have some way to teleport if he is gonna run out to fight Helck. Otherwise Helck would just run up to him very quickly and provide a savage beating. I would like to see that, but since this is a major villain he has to last for more than 30 seconds. Hence the teleporting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nah, it is teleporting. The alternative is having all these dipshits be faster than Helck. Nothing is faster than a Helck.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Regeneration is not the same as resurrection. Mikaros doesn't go back to the save point when he gets mortally wounded. Awakened humans don't regrow lost body parts on the spot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
look at all these people who dont believe in helck. ridiculous.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Vamirio is effortlessly clowning an army while Helck has his big emotional confrontation with Alicia. In the last chapter, when Helck looked over to check on her she was untouched and everything else was on fire. Rafaed brought Alicia who is basically the Helck-killer and armed with the hero killer to boot to deal with Helck, which is honestly a pretty good plan. However, Vamirio is effectively a hard counter to him and the rest of his army. She is best against large numbers while fighting alone, and Rafaed's efforts to kill her created that exact situation. Helck might be in a bit of trouble until he wins in either a sad or happy way, but Vamirio is doing fine.

Things probably won't go quite this smoothly with the king, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She is really strong and Rafaed set up the ideal situation for her. She probably could have won even indoors with allies in her way, but now she can do it effortlessly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Alicia's compatibility will rise and her face will go back to normal. However it will constantly shift as her evil awakened soldier side manifests itself to taunt Helck much like how Zellzion was when he first awakened. Edil becomes Bass. Cless regains consciousness and somehow finds himself able to free people from the King's rule. Azudora pops out of a flower, close to death but still alive.

So everything turns out all right on its own without any input at all from Helck. Your version of the story is terrible.

Helck and the demons are capable of wiping out the humans. It certainly wouldn't be easy and would weaken them to the extent that the other borders might fall, but they could do it. But right now, there is no visible path that would lead to saving the humans. Not even Helck really believes it is possible. Helck and Vamirio need to find another method, one which hasn't even been hinted at yet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 25, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nah, it seems like you misunderstood. Helck isn't gonna win easily, unconditionally or without help, but he will definitely win. Killing all the humans would be a loss. No one wants such a bleak ending that would permanently destroy Helck's heart.

I have no idea how he will pull it off, though. My best guess was that since Edil and Alicia broke the mind control in a flashback due to their faith in Helck, that Helck could take the king's place in that whole system. The mind control isn't as simple as "magic that makes everyone do what you say unless they are swole as he(l)ck", after all. But that outcome would leave him tied to the human lands and unable to hang out with demons or go on adventures, so gently caress that theory.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That isn't a hole. It is a giant misshapen eye.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess the primary theme of this manga is that demons are better people than humans.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Terper posted:

Vamirio wasn't very kindhearted at the start, but she has grown a lot, thanks to Helck.

She was very kindhearted when it came to her subordinates.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Helck's bond with his friends is stronger than any muscle he has :colbert:

I dunno, he has some very strong muscles. I'd say they are about equal.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The first thing Helck ever fought beat the poo poo out of him. So, lots of those.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dont get it. helck is helck.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as we saw in the first few chapters, she really, really enjoys being loud and overly dramatic

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Rafaed isn't a victim, he is one of the dudes who started all this. He has spoken to the king and Mikaros as equals in every scene they have been together.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rafaed is full of poo poo, though. it wasn't unavoidable. none of this crap could ever have happened if he hadn't used his daughter. there would be a bunch of awakened humans, sure, but not the entire human population.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This chapter was all setup. I guess there will be a bunch of those leading up to the next big climax.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

She ain't dead, that's all that matters

She was defeated in the presence of two murderous fuckwads so yeah, being captured alive is a pretty good outcome.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, rafaed came to that exact same conclusion and then she effortlessly clowned him and his army while helck was off having an emotional moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Piuy is.

• Locked thread