Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm going to suplex the next person who says it doesn't do anything new or interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Off a cliff.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Into a volcano.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also correction: Helcks popularity started from the chat thread.

Get your facts straight op.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted it first.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Helck's combination of comedy and daily living and thrilling action and high tension drama is pretty novel and cool. Even though it wears its inspirations on its sleeves its a work that defies easy classification because it goes so many places over the short run we've seen so far. A good all round adventure epic that makes you laugh and feel and lots of other good stuff.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Helck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1gVwUDz0Ts

It's gonna end with everyone dead.

You keep saying that but the running motif of Helck is remaining strong and pleasant in the face of everything.

It would be really dumb for it to have a super down ending if the theme is perseverance.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Even if Helck can't save his comrades or Alicia he won't let him self be consumed by anger and will show them his smile one last time, like he promised.

I bet he'll save them though because he's Helck and nothing will stop the gosh darned Helck.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

I believe that Helck and Anne can save everyone.

I have no clue why helck would trust or believe them when they say it cantbbe done.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They just have to do the dark forbidden demon magic that turns every human into demons, which will make them all nice and likeable people again

conflict over.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

they just said that in chapter 53 that the only thing keeping the awakened humans from destroying the world is the kings magic. kill the king the awakened people will just rampage across the planet.

Yeah, but that's the dudes who work for the king saying that, don't you trust them.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Incredibly pissed off Helck is probably the one thing that no number of them could have stopped, so it makes sense they'd lie to try to buy some time and he just fell for it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Helck's life would have turned out way different if Piuy had been around.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I want to rub piuys fuzzy tummy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Piuy is going to defeat all foes by being the most adorable, and become unified emperor of the human and demon worlds.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The human king is going to capture Piuy and try to awaken them but will inadvertently create an unstoppable monster with an iron will. Piuy bows to no one.

These are my Piuy theories.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

Oh god, looks like some death flags are being raised for Asuta.

No.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

No talking about death flags in the Helck thread, cause that kind of posting always blows.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

El Burbo posted:

She's the character I'm most scared for, but she will live because I love her

She's super fast, and would probably escape from any trouble because of it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

This is a good reminder of one of the things I really like about Helck. It has very simple and generally practical clothing designs but still makes them memorable and distinct. Also lots of people are wearing gloves.

Fantasy clothing design can get really bad really fast, so its cool yeah.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Based on context it might be a shitload of new world Monsters. Or a Rival Empire.

Or what im actually expecting and its whole race of people like the Human King who just love to experiment on and puppeteer entire races.

Itd be ironic if the only thing that kept the humans living in their relative amount of safety is the Empire.

That was exactly what happened when they took out the Demon King.

The demons were constantly rebuffing monster attacks.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

El Burbo posted:

He says so, right in this omake which I can't read but someone else told me whats said in it

will confirm, he says hes not a bird

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

My bad translation:

Panel 1:
Anne: "That's strange... from what they said the other night, there should be a village nearby."

Panel 2:
Piuy and birds: "Chun chun... chun"
Anne: "Piuy! Could it be that you're able to converse with the birds?!"

Panel 3:
Anne: "Isn't that amazing! What are the birds saying?"

Panel 4:
Piuy: "Don't know!"
Anne: "You don't know?!"

Big panel:
Piuy: "That's because I'm not a bird!"
Big text: "Somehow not a bird"
Anne: "Then what was all that just now!?"

thanku

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

She's older.

The fall of the human kingdom happened very recently, she's about the same age she was when we last saw her.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

this is good.

tis.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like that those dudes have a friendly rivalry with Edil since they've been fighting constant attacks for a while.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It would also be a bit lame to follow a huge and lengthy downer arc with another big downer.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Azudora is super boss and I'm glad of it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

In retrospect it was probably kosher for Sharky (and Burbo) to edit that picture back in since the new chapter's officially out now, but since a lot of people use this thread to check if there's a new chapter, let's not be posting pictures from future chapters before those chapters have been linked to in the thread.

Sorry Sharky. Least you can sleep this one off.

No big. I don't think I single splash page that doesn't really reveal any information about the plot is a spoiler tho, it's just a cool looking page of azudora.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It reveals he wasn't always who he is.
But eh it's sorta inconsequential.

Yeah pretty much, it's just a cool picture.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I've seen cooler.

Oh yah?!?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

El Burbo posted:

Tiny Vamirio waving a stick is unbearably good

Yeah that chapters super duper dope.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

has rello not put any of the omake stuff he did on batoto? odd.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

El Burbo posted:

This is the first time he's translated one

oh! I thought he had done some in an earlier thread.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

drilldo squirt posted:

I thought he wasn't a bird, what the heck piuy?

not all birds can fly, and not everything that flies is a bird

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Helck tried to wear shirts but they don't last.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

theres a bunch of newly translated omake on batoto, which is the reader you should use anyways cause thats the one rello posts the updates first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

somebody else is tranlsated the omake tho...

• Locked thread