Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ピウイ

pi u ee

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

piyueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

.jpg posted:

HELLO
/

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

holy poo poo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i believe in a sign of incredibly calculated cliffhanger

everything gonna be alright

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

She makes the snow.

She never lied.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

prototype characters, neat

crosspost

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You're loving wierd.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

Please forgive me thread

Non.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They're explicitly winning a war of attrition.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The whole threat is long term one. Idiota!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

Would you believe me if I said I did it all for entropy

Non.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

We have become one.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Really cool page.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 15, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

Thanks for posting the last page of the chapter unspoilered right below the post linking to it.

You're welcome, It's a really cool page.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

That's a pretty cool page.

Having a little consideration for your fellow posters is also pretty cool. Find a way to combine both and you could be double-plus cool, which would be pretty, pretty cool.

Every other post talking about the sunk ship is more explicit than that image was. Edil has wings.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

that image got posted in the chat thread before i read the chapter and i have no idea what it is actually meant to spoil.

that said, i would like some good things to happen soon :(

Believe in Helck, for he believes in you.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Maybe we can just have a general "don't post unspoilered spoilers from the chapter until like 12 hours after the chapter drops" rule?

non.

Exclusivity periods are silly and just get in the way of discussion, in the same way that giant blocks of spoiler tags are.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It doesn't matter if its right before or 10 pages after, its just a contextless image and not a spoiler.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It would be different if I had left dialogue in or more panels of a sequence that explicitly pointed out the nature and action of the scene that would reveal the chapter, but instead its just a cool picture that highlights how Helck's artist has a really good grasp of form and composition. I'm especially impressed by how by cutting the wings off at the panel edge and reintroducing them on the sides it makes them look massive and even surround the viewer, its a very dynamic panel of hyura in the shadow of one of the angels.

It's very cool panel.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The art is simple but the fundamentals are super strong, in Helck.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Oh hey the link for the new Helck!

*scrolls down*

Ack! People talking about what happens in the new Helck!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Internet spoiler culture, in general, is poisonous, paranoid, and overbearing, so there's definitely something to be said for being more relaxed and less fussy about spoiler. I myself don't particularly care about spoilers, and having important moments spoiled for me usually doesn't detract from my enjoyment of something.

That said, there's something to be said for people being able to check the thread for a series they're excited about, wondering if there's any word of an update, and not having an enormous, difficult to ignore, seemingly important scene thrust before their eyes before they're even had the chance to read it because someone else has decided for them that it's not a spoiler.

Have a little common courtesy.

Spoiler culture is bad and poisonous, but let's have some common courtesy and continue to perpetuate the myth of spoiler culture.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's not a scene, single panels without dialogue where all subjects aren't visible is the equivalent of promotional stills for film where somebody is ensconced in shadow.

A picture of piuy would also be a spoiler to a new reader if you proscribe to the idea that any image at all would negatively impact the virginal reading experience.

If you use common sense it's easy to determine what is too revealing instead of blindly fumbling about because you are afraid of the dastardly spoilers.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 15, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yo
Youre being a jerk.

You'll have to use a more convincing argument if you want to convince me I am wrong on this point and concede.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Without davincie and burbo and me this thread wouldn't exist.

Y'all are the human kingdom in this scenario.

Whole main theme of the work is defiance, not compliance.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 15, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Actually we're the demon world and you coming in here posting unmarked spoilers wantonly is something only a filthy human could do

The tyranny of spoilers has destroyed the human world and we are here to punch it dead.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Remember the parable of the fallen kingdom of T'viv.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Droyer posted:

I don't think there's any reason to use spoiler tags in a thread for an ongoing manga. If you're that worried about spoilers, why didn't you check for an update before clicking on the thread, especially if there's a bunch of new posts? Constantly limiting discussion because some people might not have read the latest chapter is really dumb. The only time I feel you should do somethin like that is something like a simulwatch, where some posters have seen the show before and others are watching it for the first time, or an anime/manga that's adapted from something else, where some posters have read the source material but others haven't.

In the case of anime shows about manga adaptions I think you just shouldn't discuss the comic at all.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Not because of potential spoilers, just because you should discuss the work on its own merits mainly and people constantly comparing it unfavorably to the source is annoying.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

to be fair, the update was first on 4chan and that link was posted in here. people might be checking the thread to see if one of the new posts is about there being a new chapter, rather than discussion.

Next time I'll wait until after the actual chapter is up on batoto, thanks to the good arguments posted in this discussion that convinced me of some failures in my reasoning.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

On the other hand I'm going to make it browser crashingly massive. :twisted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Casual debate among friends is cool and good.

Its nice when people can have a civil discussion instead of just dumping low effort pejorative posts. Everybody learns.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's not really self inflicted, almost nobody in the human kingdom had any say in the forced transformation. It's way more comparable to a coup, where a small group overthrew the natural state in the name of personal power.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Believe in Helck!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

enough of this arc. fighting is boring, get back to the silly stuff

I agree but some fight is important.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fghts are best when they're contrasting with the humor though, and except for the peeking on helck chappies those have been missing from this arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

My favorite anime Gunbuster started out with robots doing trapese and push-ups. Three episodes later it seems like humanity is doomed and by the final episode I was bawling like a baby.

I think it was planned. It's cool to surprise your audience.

That ones actually a bit different, gunbuster original idea was as a sendup to aim for the ace, hence the title. So the first handful of episodes are near beat by beat recreations of that and the second half is the original material.

• Locked thread