Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Jeungs character and arc are also present in aim for the ace. Episode 1 is directly referential but afterwards a lot of stuff is still taking from ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

Yeah I can see that. I always kinda felt the individual parts of Gunbuster don't really complement each other, but rather compete with each other and each is a little bit worse off. Like you got Jung as the shoujo sports rival, but since Gunbuster is also at times a hard sci-fi show and a show about the horrors and loss of war that means she's in her first scene, then she and Noriko chill out on a beach, then Jung's willing to die for her, that's pretty much all the scenes Jung gets. You just never get a read on Jung really. Or we get stuff like love interest boy whose name I can't even remember since he basically just exists to die and show that fighting is bad and poo poo but since you only got much time inbetween talking about time dilation and living up to coochie's expectations he dies the episode he gets introduced in and it's all a bit too fast to get invested in.

Gunbuster just felt really slap-dash to me and it just never formed into a cohesive whole. I heard Diebuster's better about that so maybe I should watch that one one of these days.
I feel like diebusters was way more intentionally plotted out and even has recurring pieces of thematic symbolism that are present from the opening scene, carry through the whole show, and resound for the finale.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

.jpg posted:

I'm sorry

I'm sorry

.jpg is the source of all evils in the world, but also all hope.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Pandoras Gif.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Just want to clarify my stance - basically this quote right there. Don't wanna poo poo on you too much Sharky, but just wait a couple posts before posting images like that. Basically:

We already decided that you idjits, nobody reads this thread.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Its great what comes out of honest discussion and not pointless namecalling.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

We're all idjits here.

You can't trust a person who doesn't think of themselves as one.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Well, you're here, so...

That has nothing to do with helck, thats just stair.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like helck.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You like helck.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's probably a very gentle and warm feeling.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Helck-related, you say?

Most of my latest haul of tanks.

Edit: why

Edit 2: no I wasn't naked.

those tankos are super classy, im jealous.

I especially love the gold silhouette of helck with the sans serif title on the reverse of every one.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Plush piuy when.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

It's a shame Japanese volumes are often smaller and more fragile than their American printings cause they certainly look a lot nicer.

I wouldn't say more fragile, the bindings just a bit thinner. Paperstock is still really nice.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Slightly-related to volume construction: I also got a volume of Anko-san along with Helck, and it's really nice. Thick l, partially textured cover, looks and feels really nice. One of the best vols I've bought.

The only japanese volumes I have are Groundless which are a bit on the cheaper side probably. It's a paper slip jacket around a slightly thicker paper binding, but the quality of stock for pages is super crisp so I don't mind too much.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Hes on 6.

Tiny piuy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Hes just a lil button but im glad hes there.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

you know what they say, i like my women like i like my coffee tables

Holding a lot of big books with nice pictures in them.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

None of the panels are super cool this week. None at all.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

Is Asuta safe? Please spoil that.

No chapter next week.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Ha ha, Mikaros you dumbass. I believe in Helck.

Beating Helck by getting Helck mad seems like an extremely flawed plan.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

bird

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You should read the other series rello is doing too if you aren't.

It's My Life is a similarly comedic take on fantasy, with a similarly odd protagonist.

Very much its own thing though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Guys what if Helck can't do it :ohdear:

Believe.

In.

Helck.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If anything this chapter is the end of bad things, because now helck is finally back from his vacation and ready to do some damage.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It is time for helck to put in some work.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Helck is going to smile the entire next chapter, because he promised.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I'm not sure how this little battle will end. While on one hand I'm certainly not really expecting Helck and Vamirio to be victorious, on the other hand I can't imagine any way for them to lose that doesn't end with at least Vamirio dying. As beard-dude mentioned, killing Vamirio is an easy ticket to making Helck go berserk, so he would definitely continue to focus all effort on her if Helck is incapacitated (either through injury or losing his mind) and this isn't a fight she can win or escape from alone.

Reported for doubting Helck.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I believe in Helck. I just believe in beard-dude and his armies of evil more, since they clearly planned out this battle in advance.

His whole plan is predicated on getting helck to go berserk with despair, which stops working the second Helck ends it, like he promised to end it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thats how you sound out his name so that sounds about right

pi yu ee

• Locked thread