Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Read the latest translated chapters. Welp, now I'm sad :(

I have absolutely no idea how a manga this good had escaped being scanlated for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I like that this chapter shows that the awakened humans still have a little bit of free will. Edil, for example, clearly intervened in the fight between Mikaros and Hyura to save Hyura's life. It's probably some sort of "exact words" thing going on, i.e. the king says "go and fight the demons" without any specific details. This allows the humans to follow the orders to the letter while still being able to do as they wish. I just hope Mikaros doesn't figure it out, or that loophole will be closed real quick.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

tsob posted:

I don't think he can really close that loophole as such. Them retaining their personality is an intrinsic part of the process used to make them stronger so he can't subsume their personality, at least, not with that particular spell. He may be able to close it with another spell. Other than that, all he can do is keep a stricter eye on them and give more stringent orders.

That was what I meant, but I didn't make it clear in my post. My bad. On the other hand, since the humans have to follow the king's orders, the king (or whoever is controlling him, since I'm betting he's just a puppet too) must be really careful not to give orders that are too strict to avoid gimping the human's fighting. For example, if the humans were ordered to "attack the demons at Shin Castle", they would be unable to stop attacking the demons at Shin Castle, even if they were needed elsewhere, essentially precluding them from re-deploying on the fly to face new threaths.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

As it turns out, love can indeed bloom on the battlefield.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Tarezax posted:

Speculation: Mikaros "releases" Edil, but because he's already breaking free of the King's orders it also releases him from control and Mikaros gets his poo poo pushed in

I just wanna see Mikaros get punched real good

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Guys what if Helck can't do it :ohdear:

Hey. Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no god or buddha, there is Helck.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

It really is.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Next chapter prediction:

"Hahaha, you can't kill your old comrades, can you?"
"Remind me, is she the same as all other winged soldiers? I.e., she respawns after she dies? You do realise that in this case there's nothing stopping me from killing her and then punching your head clean off your shoulders, do you?"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Brace yourselves, humans. Anne from management is gonna save the gently caress out of you.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

HELCK: the ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT story

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

M-masaka...!

It can't be helped.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

JC Staff usually does a good job at fantasy anime.

Comedy option: DEEN.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I will take it upon myself to tell Mikaros to eat a dick every time he shows up in a chapter, starting right now.

Eat a dick, Mikaros.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Oh hey, Mikaros is in this chapter. It's been a while.

Eat a dick, Mikaros.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Alright, now we need to know if it's "dug too deep" or "science has gone too far".

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Asuta :ohdear:

Also, I'm not going to forget posting this: eat a dick, Mikaros.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Eat a dick, Mikaros.

Now that that's out of the way, this chapter was good :)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Ha ha ha eat a dick, Mikaros :unsmigghh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Eopia posted:

So from a few chapters ago, we saw the King actively helping Helck and Anne get through the city faster than otherwise, while also showing them a glimpse of the nature of the new world. Wonder what exactly they are and what their goal is here.

Speculation: the King is someone from the ancient civilization that collapsed because of the power of the New World, and they don't want it to happen again; however, Mikaros and Rafaed hijacked the King's power through Charami and used it to make the winged soldiers, so the King is helping Helck and Anne as much as they can (within some limits) to try and stop team jerkface.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Please go eat a dick right now, Mikaros :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I believe in Helck and Anne from management.

I also believe that Mikaros can go eat a dick.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New chapter. It's good.

(Mikaros is getting pretty close to eating a dick.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

:rip: in loving pieces, Mikaros. May you eat all the dicks you can find in the afterlife.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Poor Mikaros, a 1500-year-long plan and it just resulted in him eating a dick :laugh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

"I wanted to change the world, but now I'm dead (or dying). Guess I'll just destroy the world then!"

There aren't enough dicks in the world :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT: I'm not having fun anymore :(

(:same:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Either aunt or great-aunt or great-great-aunt or something, depending on how many generations have passed (the witch's the first Red Heavenly Dragon's sister, and I don't think it was mentioned which number Anne is). Still a relative though.

• Locked thread