Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Nobles aren't humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

hell yes.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
literally crying rn. :smith:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Any remains will be cremated.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I like it but it's nowhere near Helck's level.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

No.

I believe in Helck.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I can't imagine an outcome where he can't save Alicia.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I wonder if they'll revisit the Toosu-men/Barbarians. The magic used there was eerily similar.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Chapters 54 and 55 have been translated, they should be up on batoto soon or you can go to 4chan where they get posted first.

New girl, and also we're back to the funny

Can't wait to read them tonight or when I should be working tomorrow morning.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
PARTY TIME! :byodood:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, I don't see it either.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I love this dumb bird

Yeah I love that little guy. I hope we see that conductor again too.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 19, 2016

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
*cigar falls from mouth*

oh

my

GOD!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Um is this the same girl that Helck and Cless met as kids? Does she not age?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Budget Prefuse posted:

this is good.

:agreed:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I think a relationship between Vamirio and Helck is also almost physically impossible, so Alicia, who is the size of a normal human, is probably a better fit.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Maybe the hero killer could take them out permanently...

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I am so loving hyped for next week's scan.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Everything has been great up to this point so I'm not worried. I believe in Helck.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
DEFENSE BOMBER!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Megafunk posted:

On what day do we get more HELCK?

nice av.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i think the demon sword azudora has looks just like the hero slayer sword alicia has. the crossguard is the same. i bet azudora gave it to alicia's grandpa or something, and then he became peaceful azudora

It makes sense since there's no reason why humans would've developed a sword to slay heroes.

I wonder if the new sword Helck got from the shadow warrior will come in handy.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

So cool.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

I like your av.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm gonna frame that bad boy.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Oh hey the link for the new Helck!

*scrolls down*

Ack! People talking about what happens in the new Helck!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
After the update is announced you'd think it'd be common sense that anything following it would be a potential spoiler.

:shrug:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

In the case of anime shows about manga adaptions I think you just shouldn't discuss the comic at all.

Or the light novel. :troll:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Casual debate among friends is cool and good.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

On the other hand I'm going to make it browser crashingly massive. :twisted:

The Miho Morikawa thread forced me to switch to Chrome from Firefox.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
My belief is that Helck will probably have a bitter sweet but still very uplifting ending. It'll be both sad and beautiful. :cry:

Or if could just be one big happy ending and I'd be fine with that too but I'm predicting the former.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

I wonder if Helck's author planned all that out when he was doing the initial silly stuff, or if he just to go for the grim downfall of humanity stuff partway through.

My favorite anime Gunbuster started out with robots doing trapese and push-ups. Three episodes later it seems like humanity is doomed and by the final episode I was bawling like a baby.

I think it was planned. It's cool to surprise your audience.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

tsob posted:

Pretty sure it wasn't, since Anno said he and the team behind it just did whatever seemed fun and cool at the time and put it in for the hell of it, hoping it'd all work out.

Ah I didn't know. My understanding was there was a complete script bouncing around in limbo before Anno got ahold of it but I have no clue how much it changed after that. Apparently it "moved him to tears" so I assumed that the more serious and emotional things that happen later were there early on.

Either way I feel like it was planned with Helck.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Droyer posted:

I have no proof of this, but the way they're talking in the episode 5 preview makes me think Gunbuster was originally intended to end on episode 4.

Which was pretty emotional and some pretty serious stuff had happened by then.

From what I remember of Aim for the Ace! Gunbuster basically leaves parody mode and becomes it's own thing after episode one. At least until you find out who's sick and dying in ep 5 but it's played completely straight at that point.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

tsob posted:

Well I could be wrong. I'm just going off what I've heard, since I never cared enough to look it up, being one of those peons that wasn't all that wowed with Gunbuster (beyond the ending). I could simply have heard wrong.

That's OK.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter. Reading it on my tab at lunch yesterday was really cool. XD

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Jeungs character and arc are also present in aim for the ace. Episode 1 is directly referential but afterwards a lot of stuff is still taking from ace.

Yeah Ace takes a backseat and it basically shifts from parody to being referential by that point.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Eh I really don't feel like it was a slap dash. Sure Jung doesn't get much character development but I don't really think her development was at all necessary. Sure Iceman is there just to die and to contribute to Noriko's PTSD but that's not really bad or anything. As long as everything works toward whatever goal your trying to accomplish I think it's fine to have b characters that don't get much development especially when you only have six episodes.

Anyway I gotta eat.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

.jpg posted:

I'm sorry

I'm sorry

I miss a few things from Firefox but I think I prefer chrome.

Also nice to see ya again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

.jpg posted:

Here's a spoiler free image

I can't wait to see this animated.

• Locked thread