Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like Helck quite a bit, it's a decent fantasy series with likable characters, and it works well for the most part.

I love that not once has Vamiro ever been shown to be in real danger. Like when Helck gets between her and Not Zero Berserker, she doesn't go "that was close, Helck saved me" she goes "phew, I almost blew Helck's face off"

How much of this actually exists right now anyway? It seems like 5 scans a day pop up. Are we almost caught up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh they showed up but Batoto is doing that Random Pages Won't Display gently caress You thing great

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Restore Vamiro's ears to proper cuteness length please

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Where're my daily 6 Helck chapters

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

chumbler posted:

I believe that Helck and Anne can save everyone.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The demons are too dumb and nice to be defeated by the deceptive rantings of evil wizards

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Looks like Alicia's on the suicide squad

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I want to meet the other 2 heavenly Kings, the (presumably) 2 Guardian Kings, and the Emperor.

I'm also curious about the Northern threat, as apparently they consider it distinct from the New World stuff.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

El Burbo posted:

We already have Vamirio (Vermilion Bird) and Azudora (Azure Dragon), so the last two would have some silly name based on White Tiger and Black Tortoise

Well yeah obviously but I want to see their personas and designs. If the Demons thus far are any indication, the Emperor is presumably the biggest goob in the land. The other two heavenly kings and the Guardians probably are doofs of some kind too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I feel like once we're caught up the complete mania will subside a bit and we can treat it like a normal weekly series. It'll be liberating.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I look to the sky and pray for Rello

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I believe in Azudora

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

El Burbo posted:

I'm not sure who will win

Lesser series would cheap out here, but Helck is strong and so is Helck.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Helck is quite far away right now, nothing he can do.

Helck's heart is with Azudora.

E: jokes aside I am mostly just sick of Mikaros floating around all smug and invincible when Rafaed and the King are more interesting (assuming the King is an individual) relative to Generic Evil Wizard Man

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 20, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The translator.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kenros probably figures if he's Helck's friend, Edil can't really be that much of a bad egg. Actually at this point all the demons are probably aware the winged humans are under a mass brainwashing spell, considering they're clearly briefed by Azudora to some degree.

Rip sweet tooth barrier man

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I hope we do get to the Northern threat eventually, but I hope it doesn't directly relate to Mikaros and Rafead, that would be lame and make the world feel smaller.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's the last page of a chapter that was only then available in a 4chan thread

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I enjoyed it at first but it has been quite over rated.

Not enough gigantic asses, I know

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Edil is nice, Hyura owns, but right now all I care about is the loving ancient veterans rematch going on downstairs

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I guess the king really might be an individual unto himself? Or at least he has enough independence to perform actions that would piss Raf off.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

chumbler posted:

Seems that way. I'm really interested in Rafaed and want to know what his deal is. I'm thinking he bought into the plan Mikaros and maybe the king proposed out of fear of the demons and new world organisms without realizing the consequences (maybe none of them did, or the other two just hid it) and now he's in the position of having to protect a plan he didn't intend because the alternative is worse. He doesn't seem the type to act aggressively, and I don't think he'll have Asuta killed. At least I hope not. Might try to find an opportunity to let her go to seek help to reverse the mistake.

I have a lot of trouble seeing him as some dupe of Mikaros, if anything the fact that we've learned Mikaros' origin first makes me all the more certain that he's the junior partner between the two of them (I have no idea where the king fits)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RatHat posted:

Thanks for posting the last page of the chapter unspoilered right below the post linking to it.

again

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

chumbler posted:

Mikaros better be loving dead after that.

Also Hyura is going to save Edil's smile.

There's no way that's the end of Mikaros, but you know it's odd, you'd think that of all people he'd not be so consistent in underestimating human tenacity.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean I guess asking for self-awareness from a literal evil wizard is putting me expectations too high, but he is JUST an awakened human that's lived for a long time and he's seen wrenches thrown in the works repeatedly by Cless, Helck, and now Edil, you'd think he'd start giving the other chatty angels the side eye at some point.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

is it so much to ask, to follow the same discretion towards spoilers that the entire rest of the internet does

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

don't post the last page of a new chapter

especially when you've been told by the mod not to before

especially at huge, table breaking size, which the mod has repeatedly told you not to do before

what is hard about this

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shut up

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the manga will end with Helck giving everybody a big helck hug

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Super good that even with a hole in him, Mikaros still couldn't shake his fear of Azudora

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Now we need one of the other 5 leading figures we haven't met to show up and actually explain all that ancient war and new world poo poo to us.

I will also accept Helck punching someone

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Helck is gonna squeeze Rafaed and Mikaros until their eyes pop out like those Martian stress toy things

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I like the whole running theme of Helck trying so hard to protect everyone that he doesn't realize Vamirio isn't a damsel in distress.

He got so used to everyone dying around him that he can't see it not happening

Yeah I love that Vamiro has never actually needed help.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

gonna crossfire hurricane some motherfuckers

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This is definitely a great plan that can't possibly backfire Hello I Am An Evil Wizard.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

azudora is a cat and anne from management is the toy

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

:hellyeah:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You'd think that Mikaros, a true blue hero, would be less dumb about hero potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Gurren Lagann men meme except every panel they go "YEAH"

• Locked thread