Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rello just finished posting the scanlation of the last chapter of volume 5 on /a/. Expect it to be on batoto soon, but here is my thougths on it.

El Burbo posted:

I thought I was prepared for the latest Helck chapter. I saw a spoiler page a week ago, I knew what was going to happen.

But I was not prepared. Not at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I still haven't gotten around to this, but I really really want to because someone described it as fantasy One Punch Man. Is that basically accurate or am I setting myself up for disappointment

The similarities start and end at the main character being incredibly strong, but other than that the two series are quite different.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I like Helck quite a bit, it's a decent fantasy series with likable characters, and it works well for the most part.

I love that not once has Vamiro ever been shown to be in real danger. Like when Helck gets between her and Not Zero Berserker, she doesn't go "that was close, Helck saved me" she goes "phew, I almost blew Helck's face off"

How much of this actually exists right now anyway? It seems like 5 scans a day pop up. Are we almost caught up?

60, and translator rello just finished posting 52. Once he catches up it'll be weekly releases.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Nobles aren't humans.

I think the nobles also got hosed.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Helck's reasonably popular even outside SA/4chan. It's currently at second place in Ura Sunday's popularity poll ranking.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

:smug: this is chapter 1 page 7

I see why its #1

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I enjoy HELCK

I'm not totally clear based upon the recent chapters why his other buddies are still around and now 100% loyal to the king. Is it because some exceptional people are able to resist all of the physical transformation stuff, yet are still influenced to obey the king?

Those with "high compatibility" get to keep their form and awareness, but are still slaves to the king

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Desuwa posted:

So it's been pointed out to me that one of the angels during the fight at the castle was using a broken sword.

That's harsh.

e: Only marking as spoilers due to the speed of the translation.

Bow and sword
http://i.imgur.com/h6Y9yOG.jpg

Bow and sword
http://i.imgur.com/P3hQAqk.jpg

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Pretty sure that other guy is supposed to be the hard-nosed but good-hearted noble guy, just beautified due to the hero gene.

Who?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Zellial or whatever.

The guy who joined Cless on his quest to beat the Demon King.

Oh yeah that's obvious, I was just confused by "beautified" cause he looks exactly the same.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think the wavier hair is just because of earlier art. He looks much more like he did in the flashback in future chapters, except evil-looking.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Who is the little dude, then?

A guy in Zell's squad called Haraolle

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Hmm, I thought it was just one of those things where of course the hero gene makes you prettier/more handsome if you've got the right resonance.

Oh well.

I don't think the power of the hero is something genetic. It seems to be a some otherworldy power that's related to the poison in the demon land and the New World Organisms.

"that world"

Other instances of this power include the barbarian king and the minotaur curse of darkness. My speculation after rereading the whole thing is that the goal of the human king is to destroy the demon kingdom, the one's keeping the monster spawning poison in check, so that the power gets released to the whole world. Like Azudora says, if the demons die, "A new world will be born".

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Though that one nobleman seemed to awaken demons while Helck was trying to talk to them. I wonder if that is how they prevented the hero party from communicating with demons? Just repeating the same trick over and over until they all believed that turning giant and attacking was just how demons are.

At the very least, that seems to be what the archmage guy did to the Demon king so that Cless would kill him.

The very first page:

Here he looks all swole and deformed like all the other forced awakening guys, and also looks nothing like how he was shown later in this flashback panel

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I have no clue why helck would trust or believe them when they say it cantbbe done.

He was full of despair there, now that he's been through happier experiences he will surely find a way

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo posted:

alright, like i said, i made lotsa avs

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I wonder if they'll revisit the Toosu-men/Barbarians. The magic used there was eerily similar.

All the transformative magic has been similar. They all probably come from the same source, the "other world" that's responsible for New World Organisms.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, the nobles got hosed too. The only unchanged people left are the king, Mikaros, and Rafaed. And I think out of all those, Rafaed is the only one that's actually human.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Oh there is also [spoilers for about 3 chapters from now] one other normal human left. Rafaed's daughter.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Chapters 54 and 55 have been translated, they should be up on batoto soon or you can go to 4chan where they get posted first.

New girl, and also we're back to the funny

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It seems to be possible that the awakened heroes can disobey the king. Edil will probably be the first to do it,since in a chapter 60, he begins showing signs that he doesn't actually want Hyura to die.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Theowulv posted:

Rafaed is totally the king, ain't he?

Either him or Mikaros I think, and Mikaros is the more evil one out of the two.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I want to meet the other 2 heavenly Kings, the (presumably) 2 Guardian Kings, and the Emperor.

We already have Vamirio (Vermilion Bird) and Azudora (Azure Dragon), so the last two would have some silly name based on White Tiger and Black Tortoise

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Well yeah obviously but I want to see their personas and designs. If the Demons thus far are any indication, the Emperor is presumably the biggest goob in the land.

Well, he's a giant dragon, so that's cool

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

Oh god, looks like some death flags are being raised for Asuta.

She's the character I'm most scared for, but she will live because I love her

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

My OTP is Hyura and Edil

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Here's a handy chart for future reference

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

Have they actually mentioned the "Empire Guardian King" other than here?

No, but you can see their silhouettes under the Dragon Emperor in this page

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I want to know more about about the dude with the doghands. He rules

Here's a doghand man fact. His name is Ruberos, which is a pun on Cerberus.

Cerberus is Kerberos, which becomes Keruberos, which becomes Ruberos.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think everyone's name is a pun

I love puns so it's good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Puiy is not a bird!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

He says so, right in this omake which I can't read but someone else told me whats said in it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well im convinced

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Overlord K posted:

Helck is very good. I read it all this morning and tonight and have gone through a ringer of emotions. Bless the soul who is bringing this to us. :allears:

Well, he brought two more chapters tonight.

All about Spy Cat

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She's my favorite girl

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

harpy best girl

good news for you, im pretty she becomes a member of the party

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Whatever phase 2 is involves going to the southern castle, which is also where Team Helck is going, so I think things will be fine. It also sets Helck up to run into his former comrades, so there's that.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I blame myself for the creation of that picture

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Alright, it finally happened, we're all caught up

but what a magnificent final page to leave off on

http://i.imgur.com/hAKJToS.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012