Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh boy. Helck is good. At first I was kinda sceptical that it got more serious over time, but

:qq:

Worth it.

drat, I hope we get some straight-up gag chapters like the first few chapters for a while, 'cause I sure as hell need the levity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Watch out for recurring explosion sounds, You may be living close to Helck.

Also Helck kicks rear end.
It kicks a lotta rear end.

A~lright

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Is it weird that I'm slowly starting to root for the evil humans, here?

I mean, they basically spent the entire story so far getting owned by demons and being dreadfully underleveled :ohdear: Even their most powerful dudes get slapped around by the demon's elite... I kind of want them to have some sort of victory and start overtaking the demons, given how much grinding they've done. They had this much buildup, time to show them as a true threat.

I believe in you, evil self-genocidal humans! You can do it!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

Counterpoint: demons are cool dudes and humans are terrible.

Sure, but they're just so outclassed I can't help but root for the underdog, here

You can do it, evil humans! Become the world-threatening force I know you can be!

And then be defeated and become best friends with the demons

Fin

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Boogaleeboo posted:

No, the demons are. On the one hand they have retarded and close-minded humans [Who may not have a general level of power that is the same as them, but who produce heroes every so often. One hero is enough to shake the entire demon empire], and on the other they have freakish monsters and other tomfoolery to defend from. Now the humans have become another form of mindless ravening monster, and they are boxed in.

Dunno about that - the evil humans have mostly done a lot of losing so far, with their only real win offscreen... Just a lot of teleporting away enemies they can't handle otherwise. They keep talking about the huge SSS threat that they will eventually pose, only they're clearly not there yet. Edil seems to be getting there, I guess, in that he actually wins against demons. I get what the story is going for, it's just that the evil humans don't feel like much of a threat to the demons at this point. Hence, my hope that this will gradually change as we learn more about the true extent of the leader's powers (Mikaros is doing that right now, which is great), and as the power balance in general starts shifting.

Of course, I'm only talking about the new evil human army, not what the humans originally were. Helck (and other true heroes) are obviously on another scale entirely.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

trucutru posted:

Yeah, the non-threat that effectively "killed" all of the protagonist's old friends, brother, and love interest, almost managed to open a portal to hell (or whatever the heck is that they want to do), and just captured Asuta. In the next chapter they are going to be punched into the stratosphere just like team rocket.

Well, I wrote threat to the demons... They're clearly extremely effective against humans, given their almost complete genocide of them :v:

Eh, okay, that was kinda dumb of me. I just feel like the villains need a real win at this point. But you're right, they did get Asuta in the most recent chapter, and everything looks like evil wizard dude is gonna accomplish something pretty soon.

Please forgive me thread

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

:saddowns:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I've marathoned like 50 chapters today after putting the series off and I just cant comprehend how someone would root for the humans instead of the demons. I thought it was impossible but here we are.

Errors were made. :v:

Nah, they're evil fucks and they're going down. Nice that the demons are stonewalling them as much as they do, it just, uuuuh... kinda makes them appear more ineffectual than you'd think after genociding their entire own species. But, well, looks like that's gonna change soon.

I'm digging in the well here, ain't I.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Would you believe me if I said I did it all for entropy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh poo poo

• Locked thread