Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh poo poo yeah

When the toosu king died his underlings just threw down their weapons and left.

How would the human king be different?

Aside from their chief, the Toosu-men didn't seem to be awakened. They were just cowed into obedience through fear. The awakened humans are magical thralls to their king*, the vast majority of which appear to have no minds of their own anymore. The more compatible heroes may be willing to peacefully rebuild once freed, but there's no telling what the rest will do. They might rampage uncontrollably like Rafaed posits. They might shut down and starve to death with nothing directing them. Whatever the case, it seems unlikely that they can go back to who they were without something reversing the awakening. It would be prudent to find that solution first. Without it, killing the king is a huge gamble for the lives of most humans.

* Well, the caster anyway. The whole blade-in-the-mask thing makes me question their assumption that the caster is the king, or even that there is a person behind that mask.

Astribulus fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread