Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Neeksy posted:

I've been playing as Jeb! for a challenge run, but whenever I fast travel to Iowa, it spawns him in the middle of a field of rakes.

Is this a bug or is it literally impossible to beat the game with this character?

That's kind of a bug, it's related to how the game does fast travel. It actually simulates what happens in the time the candidate is travelling, with travel speed using the Energy stat, so the physics engine gets a bit screwed up if Jeb! is party lead.

Best bet with Jeb! is to turtle up, plan your moves carefully and just go slowly. You can equip Mom in a support slot for a passive Energy boost, but that has a 25% risk of giving the Mother's Boy trait every day that it's equipped, just not worth the risk IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Guys just wanted to let you know there's a huge bug in the latest release. Apparently if you defeat Fiorina before Nevada there's some kind of script error and Gilmore gets deleted from the game, just gone completely. Obviously this makes the game non-completable as is because the 'Car Attacks' sequence where Gilmore breaks onto the stage of the final debate in his unique tranforming mecha won't complete, the game will hang up trying to transfer his stats to the GILTRON-10000.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
can anyone lend me a copy :files:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Maxwells Demon posted:

If you've completed the "Toxify Flint" subquest you can always go back and talk to Michael Moore and he will give you Lead Water to solve this problem.
That's what it's for? :doh: I thought it was used to take down Rick Snyder in Michigan and thought I just couldn't find the right way to use it.

So how you take down Snyder? If you fight him normally, he just shrugs off all attacks and takes almost no damage.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

That's what it's for? :doh: I thought it was used to take down Rick Snyder in Michigan and thought I just couldn't find the right way to use it.

So how you take down Snyder? If you fight him normally, he just shrugs off all attacks and takes almost no damage.

You need to use Trump's "You're Fired!" or Bernie's "Communist Purge" abilities to get rid of his "Emergency Powers" buff.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Can't Marco Rubio dispel it?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Carrasco posted:

Can't Marco Rubio dispel it?

Dispel only works on notion-class effects.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

So I've been using the "Rise like a Fenix" glitch to get my SuperPAC to have essentially infinite money, but no matter what I spend it on Jeb! just won't gain any stats.

Has the game flagged me for cheating or do SuperPACs do nothing in this game? They seemed so OP in previous games.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I think I got the wrong game? I just walk around a convention center, and it's clearly like an election rally or something, and there are all these panels and then I have move this bead of shining light around until it spells out the headlines of bad Salon.com articles before it lets me move on but there's just more panels :saddowns:

(sometimes the panels shoot out more light towards a giant thing in the distance, it looks like a giant mound? hairpiece?)

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I think I got the wrong game? I just walk around a convention center, and it's clearly like an election rally or something, and there are all these panels and then I have move this bead of shining light around until it spells out the headlines of bad Salon.com articles before it lets me move on but there's just more panels :saddowns:

(sometimes the panels shoot out more light towards a giant thing in the distance, it looks like a giant mound? hairpiece?)

You can get the "Thousand Points of Light" achievement in your game if your shining light spells out a GHWB quote.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I'm doing a solo Trump run and I think I found a glitch. He still gets huge boosts from Conservative and Evangelical voter vortexes, even though his Conservatism and Religiosity stats are the lowest of anyone in Red Version. I always figured this was from other party members, but nope, it's Trump. None of his special abilities specifically say they cause this, either. What gives?

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm doing a solo Trump run and I think I found a glitch. He still gets huge boosts from Conservative and Evangelical voter vortexes, even though his Conservatism and Religiosity stats are the lowest of anyone in Red Version. I always figured this was from other party members, but nope, it's Trump. None of his special abilities specifically say they cause this, either. What gives?

A few guides I've found speculate that there's a hidden "Authoritarian" voter population, which overlaps with both Conservatives and Evangelicals, so that might be where Trump's support is coming from.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So... does anyone know how to get Carson to actually quit so I can get the "Look Ma, No Hands" Achievement. I've already way outleveled, but the guy still shows up as a random encounter at debates and everything.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Capfalcon posted:

So... does anyone know how to get Carson to actually quit so I can get the "Look Ma, No Hands" Achievement. I've already way outleveled, but the guy still shows up as a random encounter at debates and everything.

One guide I read said that you have to do the car crash mini-quest where one of his supporters gets killed and he drops out in remorse after admitting it was all a book tour for him, but I think that guy was playing some pre-alpha version because not only does that quest not have that outcome, but it doesn't even make sense in context for the game.

I think you might have to offer Carson a movie deal before he drops, but none of the Red characters has enough Hollywood contacts for that to make any sense either.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Hey so I had done some save imports and it looks like there are a series of hidden achievements related to save imports that they just added in the latest patch. I've been playing since the 2000 edition back on Windows ME and I'm frankly shocked they allowed you to do imports for some of these.

Has anyone tried some of the historical DLC? I hear there might be other secret achievements for the historical ones but I don't want to drop the :10bux: if it's just another bullshit scenario like the 1930s ones. What's the point of making a game if the Red version is broken and won't run and the Blue one gives a win regardless of what you do?

In a 5-4 Decision...: I got this one when I imported my save from 2000. This one is easiest to get with Bush in the Red version, but if you were able to get the RNG to knock off a SCOTUS member its possible to get with Gore in the Blue version assuming Clinton can replace them in time. To get it you just need to have a result that's close enough to trigger the "Supreme Court Intervention" event and then pick "Corrupt Bargain" to give your candidate the win. Given how balanced that game was, it's pretty likely you can get it just by messing up a few states on purpose.

Dean Scream: This one was really easy, you just need to lose Iowa with Dean in your party in the 04 Blue version. Although looking through the patch notes there seems to be another one called The Triumphant Scream, which I'm guessing means you have to have a successful run with Dean in your party? Is that even possible? The endboss if you played Blue in 04 was really difficult, and I'm still convinced the programming was hosed up and would auto-lose the game for you. What a buggy mess.

You're Likable Enough: This one was pretty hard. To do it you need to win in the Blue version of 08 with Hillary as a party member. The gimmick though, is you have to lose most of the debates and get Obama to proc "black support" which means you can't just steamroll him with your establishment skills. If this happens you also can get Bitter Peace if you win in the Spring/Summer with Hillary in your party and when Obama asks to join your party you refuse him.

To The Moon! Not sure why they didn't make a Blue version in 2012, but in Red there's a fun one you can get for importing a save with a Newt Gingrich win after you promise to increase NASA funding. It's pretty tough as you immediately lose all your anti-tax buffs, but you do gain "Internet Support" which, while not as strong as the buff in 16, is still pretty good.

Remember, these only work if you import the save into the new version so you'll have to go back to the older games and play through that to get these. Pretty nice feature though, they really didn't have to go through all the trouble.

Anyone else discover any good ones from save imports?

edit: Did some more searching and wow some of these new DLC achievements are insane.

Feel the Birn: Win the 1840 AND 1844 scenarios with James Gillespie Birney. Who the hell is this guy? Is this a pun on the Feel the Bern achievement in the Blue version of 16? That one is hard enough, this one seems completely impossible.

The Party of...Douglas???: Win the 1860 scenario with Douglas and without Lincoln as a member of the party. This one just is sadistic. Apparently someone on the forums was saying if you get this achievement in the Red version you will lose the "Party of Lincoln" buff that you get in Red and instead get "The Party of Douglas" which is actually a debuff. But then someone else was saying every party member starts with one "Morning In America Talisman" if you have the DLC and this achievement. I know they said they were never putting in Reagan as a playable character, but maybe they're changing their minds? If they're going to put it in as a secret unlockable, you can bet you're going to need to buy all the DLC. It seems pretty crazy...not to mention a bit of a scam.

His Elective Majesty, Our Lord-Protector, President of the United States, Protector of Their Liberties, Defender of the Faithful, and Father of the Nation: Win THREE elections as John Adams in the "America's Founding" scenario. Is that even doable? I thought they capped wins at 2?

axeil has issued a correction as of 23:11 on Feb 28, 2016

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

axeil posted:

Feel the Birn: Win the 1840 AND 1844 scenarios with James Gillespie Birney. Who the hell is this guy? Is this a pun on the Feel the Bern achievement in the Blue version of 16? That one is hard enough, this one seems completely impossible.
I'm certain it's not impossible, just very, very hard with little to no room for error. I haven't gotten the achievement, mind you, but it looks like the best shot you have is doing the following:
  • ALWAYS boost Abolitionist support when and where possible. Even in the South; you won't win those states with that, but it boosts your consistency and conviction scores which helps elsewhere. Don't forget to use the "Christian neccessity" modifier for best effect.

• 1840 is probably the easier of the two scenarios to win. I've gotten to the point where I can pull it off fairly consistently barring RNG fuckery. You will need to win all the Free States to win the election, since it's virtually impossible to win any Slave State. If you don't get a majority of electors, you get the "Congress decides" ending and you lose.
  • Van Buren is being attacked from all sides and is generally not a real threat on his own. Join in with attacks on his economic record and his elitism (but avoid anti-Dutch sentiment, since that would impact your own consistency score).
  • The key to winning the Free States is dealing with the political machines there. You can try to get them on your side or fight them, both work, but working out which is better depends on the state and apparently the RNG as well. The exception is New York: you have to fight the Democratic machine here to even have a shot at winning the state instead of the native van Buren. Not just once, but several times. Every victory reduces its influence, so keep it up until you can win NY.
  • Harrison is a lot tougher to take down since he spends a lot of time being elusive and unable to be hit. However, there are a few openings and you should focus on those. 1) If you kept your consistency and conviction scores up, you can somewhat effectively hammer him with attacks targeting his consistency and conviction scores. 2) If he uses his attacks against Freemasonry, he uses the "Christian morality" for those which means you can counter with a "Hypocrisy" attack which damage scaling to your own consistency stat. 3) Also debuff his support in the Free States. Focus on where it would prevent you from winning a plurality; remember that demobilizing debuffs work better than charms with his supporters.

• 1844 is much, much harder; I've not yet been able to pull it off. Clay is easy to elimate as a threat, but Polk is incredibly hard to take down.
  • Import your save! You need every boost you can as you won't stand a chance otherwise. When choosing your incumbent bonuses, take every boost to Abolitionism available, anything that debuffs the Democrats, and anything that buffs your own party - in that order of preference.
  • Again, you want to win all the Free States while ignoring the Slave States, unless the RNG distributes your Abolitionism boosts in a way that gives you a shot there.
  • Clay can effectively be knocked out of the race by attacking the Whig party itself. It's actually quite easy to break it up since the Polk's AI will do the same. Figure out which parts of the Whig coalition can be charmed into supporting you and do that to get a much needed boost.
  • Polk is a nightmare. He's super aggressive and even if you imported your save and start as incumbent, he will dictate the pace of the campaign and you will be mostly reacting. With an imported save you should be strong enough to minimize the impact of his "Extend the Missouri compromise" attacks. In fact, you should be strong enough that you can counter his "Indian removal" attacks to good effect.
  • The real threat, however, are his various Expansionism type attacks and I've not yet found the right way to deal with them. If you react to "Fifty-Four Forty or Fight" with support, he will gain more support than you do, but opposing it or - worse - ignoring it is effectively a terrible debuff; I think you're better off supporting here. "Annexation of Mexico" is easier to deal with and can actually backfire on him. If there was a way to manipulate his AI into doing it I haven't found it yet. As is, you have to hope you get lucky with the RNG.
  • You likely won't get many chances to act rather than react. If you do, I've found attacking him on issues other than the above is rather effective, although I've not yet figured out which attacks are the best here. If seen a post somewhere (sorry, I don't remember where exactly; probably another board) that suggested applying the "Anti-Jacksonian" damage type to these attacks. It sounds like it could work, but I haven't tested it myself yet.
That's all the advice I can give you at this point. Maybe there are some exploits that make taking down Polk easier, but I'm no export on those. Keep an eye on GDRJake's YouTube channel, though, since he's said he might try for this achievement after his current Mountain of Debs run.

quote:

His Elective Majesty, Our Lord-Protector, President of the United States, Protector of Their Liberties, Defender of the Faithful, and Father of the Nation: Win THREE elections as John Adams in the "America's Founding" scenario. Is that even doable? I thought they capped wins at 2?
This on the other hand, is currently absolutely undoable - for technical reasons. The cap was introduced in patch 22. The devs said they wanted it to affect only scenarios for 1952 and later, but botched the implementation and haven't found a way to fix it yet.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
If you haven't had the chance yet I highly recommend picking up the new Zodiac Rising DLC, the Blood Sacrifice mechanics add a ton of depth to Cruz playthroughs.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I really hate the 1868 scenario. I mained Lincoln in both 1860 and 1864, and then they kill him off screen? In addition to that, Andrew Johnson betrays Lincolns legacy and stymies Reconstruction? Thank God my man Grant runs, but then they destroy him in the next two releases. Ugh, then Hayes happens with the Corrupt Bargain quest and everything that happened in 1860 and 1864 is ruined. Why is the canon so bad?

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

I just got around to playing the newest patch. Does anyone else find that it's really unstable and buggy? I was making good progress in the primaries but I noticed some of the latest balance changes has completely changed how core abilities work and I'm not sure if it's intentional.

-Carson is completely bugged and he won't drop out. He's single digits in state polls and he's just bleeding money and support but he's not taking damage. It seems like the developers wanted a special cutscene when he drops out and thanks his supports. But all he does is thank his supporters and stay at bottom polling. I guess the script can't execute anymore. Is this related to the Egypt maps they haven't finished?

-Cruz never builds Relationship Points with his potential endorsements, no matter how many Backroom Deals and Dinner Events he casts. I had him lined up to get Jeff Sessions' endorsement so I could unlock the "Rivers of Tea and Tears" achievement, but despite Sessions being Cruz's closest match he just up and endorses Trump. While I don't mind losing Cruz at any point, it feels like the game is locking me out of content because of some weird error in Cruz's script handling. Also Cruz keeps belching up virgin's blood during debates. Is that new?

-Rubio has flat out broken and I think the developers no longer give a poo poo. Ever since the Rubio Debate Glitch was found a few months ago, it seems like his moveset is even screwier than before. As I speak, he has spent the last hour (OUT OF GAME) just repeating personal attacks against Trump, which isn't even supposed to be in his moveset. And even when the attacks connect, Rubio keeps taking damage and the damage causes him to counter with more personal attacks. He's stuck in a programming loop and it makes him unusable. Is there a fix for this?

-Whoever is overseeing balance clearly has stiffy for Trump. He's getting 100% of endorsements he's eligible for, he's at majority approval, and even getting the KKK endorsement didn't lead to the "Abort Campaign" ending. Is he just the only viable character that can win this game anymore? This is ridiculous jfc

Please tell me the Blue Version isn't as badly hosed because the whole game is broken down and solved now.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Amgard posted:

I just got around to playing the newest patch. Does anyone else find that it's really unstable and buggy? I was making good progress in the primaries but I noticed some of the latest balance changes has completely changed how core abilities work and I'm not sure if it's intentional.

-Carson is completely bugged and he won't drop out. He's single digits in state polls and he's just bleeding money and support but he's not taking damage. It seems like the developers wanted a special cutscene when he drops out and thanks his supports. But all he does is thank his supporters and stay at bottom polling. I guess the script can't execute anymore. Is this related to the Egypt maps they haven't finished?

-Cruz never builds Relationship Points with his potential endorsements, no matter how many Backroom Deals and Dinner Events he casts. I had him lined up to get Jeff Sessions' endorsement so I could unlock the "Rivers of Tea and Tears" achievement, but despite Sessions being Cruz's closest match he just up and endorses Trump. While I don't mind losing Cruz at any point, it feels like the game is locking me out of content because of some weird error in Cruz's script handling. Also Cruz keeps belching up virgin's blood during debates. Is that new?

-Rubio has flat out broken and I think the developers no longer give a poo poo. Ever since the Rubio Debate Glitch was found a few months ago, it seems like his moveset is even screwier than before. As I speak, he has spent the last hour (OUT OF GAME) just repeating personal attacks against Trump, which isn't even supposed to be in his moveset. And even when the attacks connect, Rubio keeps takinBdamage and the damage causes him to counter with more personal attacks. He's stuck in a programming loop and it makes him unusable. Is there a fix for this?

-Whoever is overseeing balance clearly has stiffy for Trump. He's getting 100% of endorsements he's eligible for, he's at majority approval, and even getting the KKK endorsement didn't lead to the "Abort Campaign" ending. Is he just the only viable character that can win this game anymore? This is ridiculous jfc

Please tell me the Blue Version isn't as badly hosed because the whole game is broken down and solved now.

Oh man. Blue is even more railroaded. They just straight up removed all but two of the party characters a few patches back and it's pretty much impossible to not have Hillary in your party by the end, unless the "Indictment!" event fires, but that only has a 1/270 chance of firing, so you almost never see it.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 236 days!
Okay, I've been trying to do the Billary romance quest with Trump for the Three Presidents for the Price of One achievement, but I keep getting cockblocked at the end by Al Gore.

How the hell do I get past his Deadly Slideshows attack? He counters Taunt and attacks with the Sword of Chang with An Inconvenient Truth, which is an auto-whipe. Without those, I just can't beat him before the sea level rises and my party drowns.

e: It's also really annoying that his Took the Initiative buff negates Internet-type damage. What am I even supposed to do with Trump in this fight?

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 08:10 on Mar 1, 2016

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
All you have to do to get Carson out of the race is equip him in your VP slot. As a bonus, once he's equipped you're immune to boredom, which makes the Gore fight easy.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Anyone have any advice for getting the "Trump Convention Center" achievement? I managed ONCE to get into a contested convention with Donald, but every time we get to the second ballot ALL of my delegates switch to Rubio. What am I doing wrong?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

Anyone have any advice for getting the "Trump Convention Center" achievement? I managed ONCE to get into a contested convention with Donald, but every time we get to the second ballot ALL of my delegates switch to Rubio. What am I doing wrong?

Its a bugged achievement. The convention event uses a different battle system than anywhere else in the game, one that uses Establishment Backing as the primary attack stat. Given how Trump's combat mechanics work I don't think it's possible to both get his Establishment Backing higher than Rubio *and* activate the convention event. Unless you get some frankly absurd RNG on your side if you're playing Trump and you get the convention event, you might as well start over. Honestly though you have to either be pretty bad at the game or explicitly trying to activate the event to get a brokered convention with Trump. He's easily the strongest character in the game and should have the nomination sewn up by Super Tuesday. It takes real effort or incompetence to not be working on General Election quests in April with Trump.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 236 days!

Peztopiary posted:

All you have to do to get Carson out of the race is equip him in your VP slot. As a bonus, once he's equipped you're immune to boredom, which makes the Gore fight easy.

Ahahah, thanks for not spoiling the Chakra Release! effect that triggers when you use Carson's Gifted Hands ability on Gore :laugh:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Can anyone help me with the The Revolution Will Not Be Televised achievement? I've tried it with both Cruz and Sanders in the general campaign, and can reliably get either the Political Revolution or the Reagan Revolution Revisited endings, which should both qualify, but I cannot for the life of me get the EMP to trigger, no matter how often I spam Beck's Paranoia.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Not a Step posted:

Its a bugged achievement. The convention event uses a different battle system than anywhere else in the game, one that uses Establishment Backing as the primary attack stat. Given how Trump's combat mechanics work I don't think it's possible to both get his Establishment Backing higher than Rubio *and* activate the convention event. Unless you get some frankly absurd RNG on your side if you're playing Trump and you get the convention event, you might as well start over. Honestly though you have to either be pretty bad at the game or explicitly trying to activate the event to get a brokered convention with Trump. He's easily the strongest character in the game and should have the nomination sewn up by Super Tuesday. It takes real effort or incompetence to not be working on General Election quests in April with Trump.

Yeah, that was my issue. It's almost impossible to fail, even if you're deliberately trying. Eventually, I figured out an undocumented trick where you can just spam the Insult ability while inside the Reagan Library during the Pilgrimage Quest. This drops your Poll Health by 1% each time you use it there.

This is the last achievement I need to 100% the game after I unlocked Going Rogue. When I get home tonight, I'll try again. I have 10 billion gold pieces, so maybe a vendor at the Convention is selling some items that might temporarily buff my Establishment Backing.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

Yeah, that was my issue. It's almost impossible to fail, even if you're deliberately trying. Eventually, I figured out an undocumented trick where you can just spam the Insult ability while inside the Reagan Library during the Pilgrimage Quest. This drops your Poll Health by 1% each time you use it there.

This is the last achievement I need to 100% the game after I unlocked Going Rogue. When I get home tonight, I'll try again. I have 10 billion gold pieces, so maybe a vendor at the Convention is selling some items that might temporarily buff my Establishment Backing.

I was looking at the code and I don't think even if you somehow could sneak in some Endorsement Elixers into the convention it would let you consistently win with Trump. His populist subtype (with the hidden fascist flag, but I don't think anyone whose played the game would consider that a spoiler) leaves him very vulnerable to Establishment debuffs, and Rubio has the strongest Dispell power in the game. I'm wondering if there might be another route though. If you could split up the GOPe support between basically every other character in the game before the convention a combination of Insult debuffs and Trump's Authoritarian trait (it gives a few Establishment points that can't be dispelled during the convention event, usually not enough to matter) might give him just enough standing to take on a heavily debuffed Rubio. You'd definitely need to secure Florida for Trump first though, and prevent Rubio from winning a single state - difficult if you're trying to split GOPe backing ahead of the convention.

E: More succinctly, drag em down to Trump's level and beat em with experience (and insults)

I'm still trying to work out the Super Tuesday event in the Blue Version, so let me know how it goes. I think if you keep MOM alive for long enough there might be a way to take Hillary to a Democratic Convention Vote.

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 02:57 on Mar 2, 2016

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Amgard posted:

-Rubio has flat out broken and I think the developers no longer give a poo poo. Ever since the Rubio Debate Glitch was found a few months ago, it seems like his moveset is even screwier than before. As I speak, he has spent the last hour (OUT OF GAME) just repeating personal attacks against Trump, which isn't even supposed to be in his moveset. And even when the attacks connect, Rubio keeps taking damage and the damage causes him to counter with more personal attacks. He's stuck in a programming loop and it makes him unusable. Is there a fix for this?

Also the Popesay debuff was meant to nerf Trump but it just made him stronger lol. Do these devs even know what they are doing. Retards.

Does anyone know how to stop Cruz having the melty face? I think my character model might be bugged because its not meant to look like that right?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

-Spiffy- posted:

Also the Popesay debuff was meant to nerf Trump but it just made him stronger lol. Do these devs even know what they are doing. Retards.

Does anyone know how to stop Cruz having the melty face? I think my character model might be bugged because its not meant to look like that right?

You have to pump points into Cruz's 'Facade of Humanity' skill. Unless you you have the Zodiac Rising DLC, in which case you just need six virgins, goats and copied of the constitution to perform the 'Unholy Masquerade' ritual. You'll have to perform this multiple times if you want to keep his Appearance trait up for the whole election but even having it for Super Tuesday helps. Note that the DLC has mechanics for him to lose appearance over time, make sure you keep it above 8 (wax golem) level or you risk getting the Demonic Unmasking event that kills your Appeal score outside hardcore evangelicals.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Constant Hamprince posted:

You have to pump points into Cruz's 'Facade of Humanity' skill. Unless you you have the Zodiac Rising DLC, in which case you just need six virgins, goats and copied of the constitution to perform the 'Unholy Masquerade' ritual. You'll have to perform this multiple times if you want to keep his Appearance trait up for the whole election but even having it for Super Tuesday helps. Note that the DLC has mechanics for him to lose appearance over time, make sure you keep it above 8 (wax golem) level or you risk getting the Demonic Unmasking event that kills your Appeal score outside hardcore evangelicals.

I tried all of the above for the Super Tuesday Active Timed Battle Event, I was unable to successfully cast Blessing of Reagan with Cruz at the head of my party before the timer ran out on seven of the arenas. What did I miss?

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Levarris posted:

I tried all of the above for the Super Tuesday Active Timed Battle Event, I was unable to successfully cast Blessing of Reagan with Cruz at the head of my party before the timer ran out on seven of the arenas. What did I miss?

The poster doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about. Keeping Cruz's human facade up through all of Super Tuesday is flat out impossible without a cracked copy of the game. This is because Cruz, unlike Hillary, is actually Snake­type, not Lizard­type. Because of that, and attempt to pass as human is significantly more difficult and totally impossible for ST.

Since I haven't seen it up here yet, I'd like VB to offer up my (in­progress) Super Tuesday Super Secrets Guide.

If you find any secrets not in this guide, please share them. ST is one of the most complex parts of the game and most of these are easily missed. (Note that ST does not occur during the Trumps Eternal Reich path, nor does it occur if Priebus was killed prior to Iowa)

Bring Christie Back to Life

I know Christie sacrificing his life to dive bomb Rubio was among one of the most emotional moments of GE'16, he's still in fact recruitable after his plot-line designated death. This doesn't work if you're maining Christie, obviously, nor will it work if there are any randomized disasters in New Jersey. After Christie's death, immediately:

-Remove Rubio from your party. I know in some versions it does it automatically, but if he just got his Establishment Darling class-change, he may get bugged out (Rubio's events are among the most unstable in regular play.) So if he's not out of your party when Christie dies, just remove him.
-Replace Rubio with anyone who hasn't dropped or Jeb! Kasich is a good replacement because his Pivot skills are pretty much going to be maxed out at this point
-Max out every pre-ST caucus. Iowa is always a rough grind, especially since Establishment Media starts cranking up the random encounters once you see any success there.
-Head to Fort Lee the night before ST. Any earlier and your progress will be barred. Once you get there, buy the Phylactery of Sokolich and fight 99 battles with it equipped. (The Phylactery causes you to continuously lose support. This is why you need to start the Primaries much stronger than most plays tend to result in.)
-Once you've finished, examine the pile of dead seagulls near the turnpike. Christie's ghost will appear and demand three Guaca Bowles (they're expensive and the shop to buy them is top secret, but that's for another guide).
-Dialogue will occur. On the first prompt, answer with "How could any man eat so much?", on the second prompt, tell Christie "If you hunger for more, follow me.". Finally, answer with "The blood of Marco Rubio", and it's done: Christie will rejoin your party with the same stats he left with.

*WARNING* If Christie is in your party when ST is over, his victory animation will not play and his model will freeze in place with a look of abject horror. A lot of players reset thinking the game has crashed. This is perfectly normal, just a programmer's oversight.

Fight an alternate Reince Priebus
Like the above secret, you'd best err on the side of caution by getting as many delegates as possible before ST. If you're going for the Reich ending, you know the right strategy. In fact, fighting Reince during ST makes destroying the GOP all that much easier.

-Defeat Scott Walker in the primaries, then visit Wisconsin after he's gone.
-Ask Walker to lend you the keys to his secret tunnel. If there's no dialogue option for this, try visiting the Koch brothers then returning.
-Visit the tunnels, located in the state building. You'll have to fight Union Workers to get there but they're typically no threat.
-The tunnels have some of the tougher enemies in the game, from Cheese Scabs to Excited Packers Fans. Funny enough, Jeb does well here because these enemies tend to attack party members with the highest Charisma.
-Once you reach the end, you'll see the door to Reince Priebus' office. If you have enough delegates, the door will be unlocked. You'll fight Reince Priebus, who has become aware of the death of his party and has run from his shame.

Disgraced Reince Priebus
Disgraced Reince Priebus isn't as hard as he should be, as his unlimited funding doesn't really match up to a well-built Trump with full Meme. Unlike with the regular plot fight, alcohol actually makes DRP stronger. His "Good Old Party" attack will do tons of damage to Outsider candidates, but can be counteracted by having Trump or Christie equip Paul Ryan's Workout Mixtape, which weakens DRP's establishment attacks. Once you beat him, you may class change any character into Establishment Darling - though doing so to Trump automatically ends the Reich path.

Unlock the "America." Achievement

This one is simple but easily missed. Just equip "The Gun" on Jeb, don't trigger the Prairie Chapel ending, and wait until ST. Watch the cutscene and enjoy. :-)

Unlock the Bear Flag for Carson

If you import your 1856 save with a Frémont victory, the place where Lincoln's Memorial once was and on Super Tuesday there will have a chest containing the Bear Flag of Mexico. Equip it on Carson to give him Animal Empathy and Violent Youth statuses. This makes Carson MUCH more viable in the endgame, even if the statuses together make him incapable of using most of his Neurosurgeon abilities. Of course, wearing any Mexican-tier armor prevents a candidate from serving as VP under Trump. Even if you wear it once to try it out and take it off, ONE BATTLE LOCKS A CHARACTER OUT FROM A TRUMP TICKET. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

How to kill: Rush Limbaugh

With Ted Cruz, simply take Rush's Pills from his office during the Leather Skin cutscene. You can find rat poison behind the fridge in Rush's office. Simply place the rat poison where you found the pills and wait four in-game days and Rush will die. I know he kills himself in the ending anyway, but a lot of players wanted a shot at the big man himself and I guess Reagan put it in. Note: This will seriously hamper any attempt at a Cruz win if you do this.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Did the last patch add Romney from the 2012 edition? He suddenly appeared post-ST. I've tried recruiting him, but all he does is talk. His character model and animation seem way too detailed for a regular NPC though--is he going to become playable in a later patch?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

sincx posted:

Did the last patch add Romney from the 2012 edition? He suddenly appeared post-ST. I've tried recruiting him, but all he does is talk. His character model and animation seem way too detailed for a regular NPC though--is he going to become playable in a later patch?

Rumor mill says the RNC bought out some fan mod and is working on putting it into the main game. The Brokered Convention sidequest is going to become part of the main quest as a way to nerf Trump runs, which was basically 90% of players. Supposedly they couldn't work out how to buff Rubio or Cruz into being viable into the end game, so they're bringing back Romney as a new main character for after the convention.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Why does the Cruz NewGame+ run feel like a Silent Hill game. That scene were you take care of Trump holy poo poo :stare:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I just really love the historical campaigns DLC stuff. I just did a Huey Long runthrough of 1932 and am planning a Roosevelt Run of Long, winning in '36, '40, and '44. Does anyone else think those scenarios need more rebalancing, though? Roosevelt pretty much steamrolls everybody all the time. Also, does anyone else share my love for Henry A. Wallace? He's just so kooky, with his Tibetan Guru stuff and his love of Stalin. I once won with him and got the "Manchurian Candidate" achievement.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Amgard posted:

This one is simple but easily missed. Just equip "The Gun" on Jeb, don't trigger the Prairie Chapel ending, and wait until ST. Watch the cutscene and enjoy. :-)

Lol

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Amgard posted:

Also Cruz keeps belching up virgin's blood during debates. Is that new?

Sorry for self-quoting, but I realized I hadn't updated my graphics card (Voodoo 3) in a year and figured that was causing the blood thing.

Only when I finally did, what was lingering on Cruz's mouth wasn't blood. What the gently caress is this disgusting poo poo is Reagan trying to play a sick joke I feel ill holy poo poo :barf:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Amgard posted:

Sorry for self-quoting, but I realized I hadn't updated my graphics card (Voodoo 3) in a year and figured that was causing the blood thing.

Only when I finally did, what was lingering on Cruz's mouth wasn't blood. What the gently caress is this disgusting poo poo is Reagan trying to play a sick joke I feel ill holy poo poo :barf:
You saw that too? I thought I had a dead pixel for a while.

It's pretty spooky. Am I locked into the Zodiac ending now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Amgard posted:

No wonder you're having trouble keeping Cruz's facade up, your Cruz has the hidden 'premature spawning' debuff. You need to get him to his lair in Calgary stat and perform the 'Rite of Sloughing' ritual or Cruz will keep puking up larvae during debates, destroying his facade level.

• Locked thread