Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Finished the Bernie campaign Lich Cheney-Putin was a loving bitch and a half, btw, I had to abuse the gently caress out of the finger-wagging taunt iframes and just unlocked the Robert Morrow campaign.

:stare:

Is this what LSD is like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Finished the Bernie campaign Lich Cheney-Putin was a loving bitch and a half, btw, I had to abuse the gently caress out of the finger-wagging taunt iframes and just unlocked the Robert Morrow campaign.

:stare:

Is this what LSD is like

You ain't seen nothing till you've tried jill stien, you thought her post game in the trump campaign was crazy...

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Agean90 posted:

You ain't seen nothing till you've tried jill stien, you thought her post game in the trump campaign was crazy...

Speaking of post game Trump, I finished his playthrough today and I'm doing the loyalty missions to fill out my cabinet, though every time I get a new party member my Favorability and Reputation goes down - though, since several of the party members have the Supremacist or Denier traits, I guess that's okay. The thing is, though, it feels like Fav. and Rep. don't have any effects or factor into anything like they used to, and they're pretty much ignorable. Is this a bug or just something the devs overlooked?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

it's mechanic that supposed to affect you in the sequel, Election `20: The TrumpenReich, but I don't see how they'll fit it in with all of the early preview stuff the developers have show us. looks like they are transitioning to a more grand scale wargame which is weird way to take the series.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Apparently there's a Jill Stein event that triggers when enough progressive citizens have their Kübler-Ross flag set to 3. Basically all it does is drain funds that could have been used to buy grass roots in the upcoming sequel's midterm storyline.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Zikan posted:

it's mechanic that supposed to affect you in the sequel, Election `20: The TrumpenReich, but I don't see how they'll fit it in with all of the early preview stuff the developers have show us. looks like they are transitioning to a more grand scale wargame which is weird way to take the series.

They wrote themselves into a corner with the Trump victory IMO, they seem to be going in a Saint's Row kind of direction.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Fallen Hamprince posted:

They wrote themselves into a corner with the Trump victory IMO, they seem to be going in a Saint's Row kind of direction.

Supposedly there were late-in-development storyline changes so they could transition the product from the current biannual release to more of an MMO model where people are constantly playing and the subscription fees are used for content updates.

I sure as poo poo won't be interested in any more Bernie playthroughs pretty soon, but if we can get regular releases of new content, especially new group instanced content in the Congressional Thunderdome, I'd be about that.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Supposedly theyre planning some 'Impeachment 2018' XPAC to get the franchise back on track, but Im skeptical

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

kaynorr posted:

I sure as poo poo won't be interested in any more Bernie playthroughs pretty soon
They aren't coming

canonically Bernie heroically excruciatingly dies to blood loss after Cheney lends his death essence to Putin, making Putin effectively unbeatable, but manages to hand a Star of David to Keith Ellison to continue his bloody crusade before he finally passes on

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

kaynorr posted:

Supposedly there were late-in-development storyline changes so they could transition the product from the current biannual release to more of an MMO model where people are constantly playing and the subscription fees are used for content updates.

I hear they also had serious problems with their management, which is why Hillary has almost no content in the rust belt since it got cut for shifting management goals.

Also what's the word on the new jill stien dlc? The screenshots look promising, but everyone I know says it's a ripoff

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

They aren't coming

Yeah, I saw a leaked list of factions for the MMO and it seems to be out of the question:
  • Trumpists, faction leader Trump obviously
  • Principled Conservatives, faction leader David Brooks (I can't imagine this will make it through playtesting)
  • The Loyal Opposition, faction leader Nancy Pelosi (who supposedly will be the endboss in the Nuclear Option instance)
  • True Leftists, faction leader none. There are several subfactions you can align yourself with and grind rep, and "supposedly" there will be a game-wide meta achievement for whichever subfaction can amass the most resources by the the Midterms raid instance is unlocked.
It would be great if maybe Bernie could show up as a helper NPC in a boss fight or something, it's not like you couldn't tweak any of the generic senator models and record a few new lines of VO.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

They aren't coming

canonically Bernie heroically excruciatingly dies to blood loss after Cheney lends his death essence to Putin but manages to hand a Star of David to Keith Ellison to continue his bloody crusade before he finally passes on

dude you need to load your save and make sure that you complete fill the leftist fury bar but also keep the "Draft of Our Revolution: A Future to Believe" item in your inventory. i know your supposed to use it in the big fight to keep Keith alive or you get a bad ending but if you are high enough level against the cheny/trump/bannon final bossfight you can beat it without using the debuff. you get a special after credits cutscene

as keith and the remaining progressives and leftists board the tanker to form Gauchistes sans frontières, a bloodied figure crawls onto the deck. keith goes over to them and helps them below deck.

Figure: Things have changed Keith. We pull in money, volunteers, just to combat the neoliberals. Rubbing our noses in bloody swing state dirt all for revenge
The world calls for leftist politics and we answer. No greater electability, no just compromise.
Keith: Bernie...
Bernie: Clinton sent us to hell...but we're going even deeper.
Keith: I know, I'm already a leftist. Heaven's not my kind of place, anyway.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zikan posted:

dude you need to load your save and make sure that you complete fill the leftist fury bar but also keep the "Draft of Our Revolution: A Future to Believe" item in your inventory. i know your supposed to use it in the big fight to keep Keith alive or you get a bad ending but if you are high enough level against the cheny/trump/bannon final bossfight you can beat it without using the debuff. you get a special after credits cutscene
There's a Trump phase and Bannon phase after you defeat Putin's shade? PLATINUM :argh:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

There's a Trump phase and Bannon phase after you defeat Putin's shade? PLATINUM :argh:

yeah it doesn't spawn unless you are on "High-Energy" difficulty. i know it's really difficult to play on that difficulty since even low level /pol/ monsters can juggle you to death but if you do it on New Game+ it's much easier with upgrades

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
It's rare to see a game launch that's a bigger clusterfuck than Street Fighter V but goddamn did the devs pull it off here!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I'm playing a beta copy of the 2020 game right now on the True Leftist side. You get to play the beginning of the game as Liz Warren, but Trump ends up nuking Massachusetts and makes her lose all of her powers, a la Ridley. For some reason no matter what you name her, you're stuck with "Pocahontas" after the intro sequence.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rough Riders of the Round is an epic summon.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I was playing Blue as Hillary and just before I won all the graphics got screwed up and got replaced by Cyrillic and an ASCII skull, is this supposed to happen?
I reloaded the save and Trump was president even though he had some insane maluses to electability because the AI had picked the "deny pussy grabbing is assault" option when the vids came out... on top of that all his appointments have the characteristic "KGB" which I'm pretty sure isn't normally an option.

wtf do i have to reinstall?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

So has anyone been able to get the Multiple Factions mod working, like, at all? Every time I try, the extra factions appear but it seems impossible to do anything with them, and I can't tell if it's because it's not working at all or if the mod is just that poorly balanced (though that ridiculous IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT debuff you get anytime one of the canon factions loses a fight kind of makes me think it's the latter).

Then again, all of the new characters have dogshit for stats so I'm not sure why I'm even bothering.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yossarian-22 posted:

I'm playing a beta copy of the 2020 game right now on the True Leftist side. You get to play the beginning of the game as Liz Warren, but Trump ends up nuking Massachusetts and makes her lose all of her powers, a la Ridley. For some reason no matter what you name her, you're stuck with "Pocahontas" after the intro sequence.
Don't go to Canada, you're going to have a really awful time if you try to level up there. Instead, go south to find Keith Ellison and the Diamond Hogs leftist revolutionary group and you get 5 free levels in training, enough to take on inbred Neo-Nazi camps.

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 15:27 on Dec 19, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I finally beat it and I'm watching the ending. What a weird game.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I'm really looking foreward to that new game. It has the title "All fall down" and it makes you either the president or the head of the president's nominal political party. The idea is to get to a point where you can betray the other and destroy them while still coming out on top. Up until then, you have to work in an uneasy alliance against a determined foe (who btw can join you in backstabbing your enemy if the price is right.)

The gameplay is going to be very iterative, like FTL. Expect lots of mistakes leading to civil war or the praetorian guard pulling a "Stalin" on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I'm trying to play the Jill Stein run, and all the AP grinding on the JO Materia only gives you the skill to post anti-vaccination memes on Facebook.

• Locked thread