Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I remember Metroid 2 being pretty sweet. I would totally buy a zeroified version of it. I wonder if they'll ever make a Metroid Maker. It's about the only way I could imagine them going back to a sprite based Metroid.

Sort of unrelated, but I wonder if Nintendo's new ID system will have trophies/achievements in it. If they did like what sony is doing by adding trophies to classics, that would be gamer heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Nintendo account stuff is already live in Japan but I don't know too much about it. I do know that you get 30% off a lot of big name Nintendo releases during your birthday month now.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I saw that stuff like Mario Maker is 30% off, Nintendo takes birthdays fukken seriously!!! I hope it's here in america by the time my birthday rolls around :pray:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

The Nintendo account stuff is already live in Japan but I don't know too much about it. I do know that you get 30% off a lot of big name Nintendo releases during your birthday month now.

Holy crap.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Yeah I saw that stuff like Mario Maker is 30% off, Nintendo takes birthdays fukken seriously!!! I hope it's here in america by the time my birthday rolls around :pray:

The best company on earth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the full list of 30% off games btw

Splatoon
Mario Maker
Xenoblade X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Party 10
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer
Fire Emblem Fates
Rhythm Heaven The Best Plus
Girls Mode (Style Savvy) 3
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Splatoon
Mario Maker
Xenoblade X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Party 10
Fire Emblem Fates
Is it like a one time coupon thing or can you buy every single one of those during your birthday month and save 30% every single time? :wth:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
my birthday is next month, natch. gonna cop mario maker

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Is it like a one time coupon thing or can you buy every single one of those during your birthday month and save 30% every single time? :wth:

I think theyre all 30% off

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Splatoon
Mario Maker
Xenoblade X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Party 10
Fire Emblem Fates

holy mackerel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Low% Ridley is tricky but not nearly as difficult as I was expecting because of that cool trick in that AGDQ video. I'm dreading Kraid

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm going to buy myself Fire Emblem Fates for my birthday in August.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Splatoon
Mario Maker
Xenoblade X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Party 10
Fire Emblem Fates

this owns, i hope the program's over here by may

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I suck

gah.. If only it took me 20 minutes longer and I had 3% more items....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

I suck

gah.. If only it took me 20 minutes longer and I had 3% more items....

It was your first time man, if you want to get better you can. I personally love playing this game over and over, it's so short and fun to play

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

just realized you can jump in ball form, right after beating ridley

i've been doing bomb jumps this whole time

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

It was your first time man, if you want to get better you can. I personally love playing this game over and over, it's so short and fun to play

I wish it was longer

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

im going to try for 100% on hard mode. when you get to chozodia, can you go back to the other areas? i don't really get how that works.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

im going to try for 100% on hard mode. when you get to chozodia, can you go back to the other areas? i don't really get how that works.

powerbomb the glass. its a super metroid throwback lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes, once you get power bombs you can do the super Metroid thing and blow up a glass tube and escape the pirate ship

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was reading about 15%/low% runs and they say the power grip is a must-have item only because of a barrier in Norfair. This sounded fishy, but here it is. It just disappears when you get power grip

:negative: zero mission... how could you :cry:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

a Zero Mission style remake of Metroid 2 would make for a holy 2D trifecta on par with the Prime games. right now that trifecta is Zero Mission -> Super Metroid -> Metroid Fusion, but with the Metroid 2 gap it always feels incomplete somehow

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
"only those whose hearts are joyous may post" :agreed:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

just realized you can jump in ball form, right after beating ridley

i've been doing bomb jumps this whole time

It's not that bad, you only get the spring ball when you get high jump. Note that you can now shinespark in ball form as well.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I looked up how to get space jump right after ice beam, and I did, but then I went and fought the first form of the bug boss, and now I'm stuck in Ridley. Is there any way out other than fighting the incredibly hard second form and getting super missles?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I looked up how to get space jump right after ice beam, and I did, but then I went and fought the first form of the bug boss, and now I'm stuck in Ridley. Is there any way out other than fighting the incredibly hard second form and getting super missles?

There is an exit in the room just right of the elevator, look for some bomb blocks in the top left of that room.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Low% mother brain was a nightmare but I don't think any of the rest of the game should pose a problem, since Hard mode ship is basically identical to low% ship where you can't ever get hit

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Low% mother brain was a nightmare but I don't think any of the rest of the game should pose a problem, since Hard mode ship is basically identical to low% ship where you can't ever get hit

black space pirates maybe. what beams did you grab

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ralp posted:

black space pirates maybe. what beams did you grab

Just ice. I used all my leeway on 2 health tanks and 4 Extra missiles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should not have underestimated Mecha Ridley Low%...way harder than Hard 100%, woof. I did beat the game but I have to come clean, this is not a Single Segment run. I...I made a savestate after beating Mecha Ridley because it was extremely harrowing and I knew I was gonna die at least a few times on the Black Space Pirates during the escape.

In Training fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 20, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Now do it for real.

If I can finish up all my MM fishing tomorrow I'm going to finish hard 100% then move on to let's say...a 13% run perhaps.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I beat the ocean temple today in majora's mask.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I beat the ocean temple today in majora's mask.

Is that the one with my boy Gyorg Lopez.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:bravo: except without the inherent implied sarcasm

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Is that the one with my boy Gyorg Lopez.

Yes

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I should not have underestimated Mecha Ridley Low%...way harder than Hard 100%, woof. I did beat the game but I have to come clean, this is not a Single Segment run. I...I made a savestate after beating Mecha Ridley because it was extremely harrowing and I knew I was gonna die at least a few times on the Black Space Pirates during the escape.

i'm still proud of you and that is a gaming accomplishment. congratulations!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

There is an exit in the room just right of the elevator, look for some bomb blocks in the top left of that room.

i did that, and i got to have access to most of the Ridley dungeon (even picked up a super missile), but I still don't know how to get back to Norfair besides beating Ridley.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I believe the only way back out is to defeat Ridley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I guess I'll just buckle down and fight Ridley with two health tanks and 24 missiles.

• Locked thread