Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm having fun with it. Got to the Kraid area last night and I look forward to getting killed by the many hazards and monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kraid is kicking my rear end.

edit: gottem

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 15, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ok... using the beetles to eat away the slimy vine things you can't destroy is incredible

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

progress!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

That was a hard as balls shinespark from the chozo ruins to the pirate ship.

It was more like 5 shinesparks, 100% speedruns of this must be crazy.

Tfw i realize there's a second row of e-tanks

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

I have reached Chozodia in ~90 minutes. Wasn't attempting to complete this quickly but I think I have enough time to beat it in under 2hours for the speedrun ending...wish me luck.

I reached Chozodia in 3 and a half hours. I thought Mother Brain was going to be an impossible boss until I beat her. And now I'm convinced Meta Ridley is also an impossible boss.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

yeah i beat regular ridley in one try, but the one time i tried fighting meta ridley so far i don't think i even figured out how to damage him before he killed me lol.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I havent finished this game yet or anything, but I can safely say it's my favorite metroid game I've played.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

The Brinstar ballspark super missile took me forever 12 years ago but its like imprinted in my muscle memory and i busted it out in one attempt.

I know what youre talking about but I havent attempted getting it yet nor can I even wrap my head around how to go about doing it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

As long as it has the zero mission "feels" i want it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I suck

gah.. If only it took me 20 minutes longer and I had 3% more items....

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

im going to try for 100% on hard mode. when you get to chozodia, can you go back to the other areas? i don't really get how that works.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I looked up how to get space jump right after ice beam, and I did, but then I went and fought the first form of the bug boss, and now I'm stuck in Ridley. Is there any way out other than fighting the incredibly hard second form and getting super missles?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I beat the ocean temple today in majora's mask.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Is that the one with my boy Gyorg Lopez.

Yes

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

There is an exit in the room just right of the elevator, look for some bomb blocks in the top left of that room.

i did that, and i got to have access to most of the Ridley dungeon (even picked up a super missile), but I still don't know how to get back to Norfair besides beating Ridley.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I guess I'll just buckle down and fight Ridley with two health tanks and 24 missiles.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

24? You playing on hard mode? Good luck. The way the guy at AGDQ played the fight is actually really easy to do, it just looks harder than it is.

Yeah its hard mode. I'll take a look at that run to steal some strats.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Yeah its hard mode. I'll take a look at that run to steal some strats.

I don't understand how he makes it so Ridley doesn't use the tail move. How lenient is the safe spot between his feet? sometimes I feel the tail move just happens and I don't know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I don't understand how he makes it so Ridley doesn't use the tail move. How lenient is the safe spot between his feet? sometimes I feel the tail move just happens and I don't know why.

nevermind i did it

• Locked thread