Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

are you actually this mad that the new Star Wars was somewhat lacking in the wooden acting talents of a ten thousand year old Mark Hammill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I can't say for certain but I am reasonably confident that Star Warses in the 21st century can still make money and appeal to a wide audience without maliciously tricking viewers into thinking they are getting the widely beloved actor famous for all his great roles as, uh, [checks wikipedia] Cocknocker and Zip Elvin

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

bango skank posted:

You're retarded if you think people didn't come to the movie to see Hamill reprise Luke.

I'm sure that's why the biggest critique of the new movie I've been hearing was that it had too much action and acting going on, and too few callbacks to the original and old guys who can't move or emote and haven't been in a Star Wars movie for decades. I mean, it was a universal thing loads of people were disappointed by, that's not just the insane bitching of the fat bearded men who hate Star Wars and buy every single Star Wars product good or bad the day it comes out.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 11, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Seventh Arrow posted:

Yeah, this is a good point...even when the aliens "speak," it's a strange, gutteral language instead of, "hey human, we have some caaaannddyyyy

the one great idea nobody ever adopted from Mars Attacks

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Basebf555 posted:

With T2, its super obvious when you watch the movie that Cameron intended there to be a question in the audience's mind about who the good guy is. It builds to the hallway scene where Connor is stuck between the two of them and Arnold pulls out a shotgun, only revealing his good guy status when he fires past John at the T-1000. Its a version of that old trope where a character appears to point a gun at someone, but actually they're aiming at something behind them, saving their life.

It was probably naïve on Cameron's part to think he could put that in the movie and protect the secret long enough for the movie to be released. He must not have understood how big Arnold was becoming.

which must've been why he had scary music play every time Robert Patrick appears on screen while Arnold's intro scenes get George Thorogood and slapstick

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 16, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

tbh i'd be all for more movies where aliens aren't just unstoppable War of the Worlds super-colonists impregnably superior to everything, we've got a new Independence Day coming out and it's going to be dumber and louder and better than the first one and that's enough thank you

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

coyo7e posted:

One thing i've always wondered about these fallout shelters full of limited amounts of water and air.. How do you wash dishes? How do you dispose of food containers?

there's people living in non-apocalyptic conditions right now washing their dishes with limited amounts of water, you just don't throw your poo poo in the sink and dump gallons of water on it, but irl fallout shelters are strictly temporary hideaways and they were going for more an Ariel Castro thing than a claustrophobic three-week remake of The Martian

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 30, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

you haven't lived man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I vividly remember an episode of Doomsday Preppers where some high roller's super secret doomsday bunker hidden in an unmarked lot in the middle of the woods kept getting broken into by methheads, so in true wasteland raider fashion he hired a guy to rig him up some automated gun turrets to shoot anyone/anything passing through his little patch of nowhere, which they all apparently saw no problem with letting be filmed for TV

high water mark of our civilization, man

• Locked thread