Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Goddamn I love John Goodman. How he vacillated between 'creepy disturbed guy' to 'okay, he might not be a complete psychopath' back to 'oh wait' was great and legit creepy at times. He'll never win an Oscar for this, but he was chewing the Hell out of the scenery. His dad dancing at the jukebox was incredible.

The ending with the aliens fell kinda flat to me, and the sub-plot of 'that's not his daughter, that's a girl that went missing felt like it just petered out after 'we need to leave'.

My other complaint was just how loud the spooky jump scares were. I kept cringing anytime there was one not because of what happened on screen, but b/c of the volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread