Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
TODO: Place Title Here
"we need more mining power, urgh urgh urgh" - tim the toolman taylor as he buys 8 AMD video cards
"dad we use ASICs now" - jonathan taylor thomas
*crowd roars with laughter*
"AUUURROOOGH?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

have you considered open source tim?

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
"look son, i built you this liquid cooling cooling system with parts from a classic 1940 Ford" *beautiful chrome radiator bolted to side of computer case*
"but i think we need a... little more power argh argh argh" *yanks starter cord on a 4 HP pump, the pump roars to life. hoses burst, spraying coolant all over the inside of the computer which explodes in a shower of sparks*
"DAAAAADDDD!"
*tim hangs his had with a sad grunt*

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
*tim elbow deep in a computer, jill taylor appears at doorway in a nightie*
"honey, if you're almost done, how about you come upstairs and overclock MY processor??"
"arooooough!"

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
jill: "honey, the kids got bad grades at school!"
tim: "i knew we should have gotten them quad cores, how are they supposed to keep up with core2duos?"

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hm

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
brad: "hey dad, i really like this girl at school. i was thinking of inviting her over"
tim: "son, i think it's time i taught you about about erasing your browser history"

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS DESKTOP NEEDS? MORE LINUX! UNGH UNGH UNG

I don't think so, Tim.

Visual GNUdio fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 15, 2016

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
wilson is puttering about in his backyard when a sad tim comes out the the sliding patio door.
tim: "i don't know what to do, the kids want a dedicated server, but we can't afford the license costs right now."
wilson: "well, you know tim, once there was a man called richard stallman, and he thought operating systems needed to be free."
tim: "free? but, how did he afford to hire coders?"
wilson: "well, people contributed code under a free and open license"
tim: "but if people are just contributing code, how do they have any quality control?"
*wilson pauses dramatically, crowd chuckles*
wilson: "welll, that's a good question, tim"

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Visual GNUdio posted:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

Sponsored by /bin/ford/tools

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

cocaine computer

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Tim: We'll be right back after a word from /bin/ford/tools

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

op should learn the difference between free as in speech and free as in beer :spergin:

stallman would never use the phrase "open source", immersion ruined

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Visual GNUdio posted:

haha

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

white republican mom is very disappointed in this thread

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sup bros. hey i know we all got busted for coke but fyi im gonna roll on every last one of you motherfuckers in a bit to save myself a significant bid. I'm Timothy "Allen" dick

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

sup bros. hey i know we all got busted for coke but fyi im gonna roll on every last one of you motherfuckers in a bit to save myself a significant bid. I'm Timothy "Allen" dick

stfu

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no u

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Visual GNUdio posted:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

good thread op. tho tbh I'm surprised someone remembers the names of anybody but tim al wilson and idk heidi? was that her name?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Visual GNUdio posted:

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS DESKTOP NEEDS? MORE LINUX! UNGH UNGH UNG

I don't think so, Tim.

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

The Management posted:

white republican mom is very disappointed in this thread

Her twitter is like 50% bitching about conservatives doing stupid things, so probably not.

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

i feel like my Al Borland/Borland Turbo Pascal joke is lost on most of the audience here but i'm very proud of it so i'm going to quote myself here

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I don't get this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Visual GNUdio posted:

i feel like my Al Borland/Borland Turbo Pascal joke is lost on most of the audience here but i'm very proud of it so i'm going to quote myself here

congratulations on knowing the last name of a secondary character from a sitcom that went off the air fifteen years ago

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Sagebrush posted:

congratulations on knowing the last name of a secondary character from a sitcom that went off the air fifteen years ago
:ssh: i think he means the borland turbo pascal

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Visual GNUdio posted:

Sponsored by /bin/ford/tools

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

craisins posted:

:ssh: i think he means the borland turbo pascal

hmm which is more likely: that the spergs of yospos don't know about the borland products, or that they don't know the name of a sitcom character

genuinely a difficult question

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Sagebrush posted:

hmm which is more likely: that the spergs of yospos don't know about the borland products, or that they don't know the name of a sitcom character

genuinely a difficult question
i assume half of the people here are old and the other half are ~22 and have never heard of pascal

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Visual GNUdio posted:

i chuckled knowingly

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Visual GNUdio posted:

Her twitter is like 50% bitching about conservatives doing stupid things, so probably not.

I think she just played a republican on west wing???

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

can we change the title to My Improvements?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
what about chome im0pement??

oh right it doesnt need any

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004

As a Millennial I posted:

good thread op. tho tbh I'm surprised someone remembers the names of anybody but tim al wilson and idk heidi? was that her name?

i won't lie i looked up the cast names :ninja:

wilson and al borland tho, you never forget those

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

part of recovery is forgiveness, letting go, brah

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Jonny 290 posted:

I am also mad that one drug dealer rolled on some other drug dealers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Visual GNUdio posted:

not even verified, shameful

• Locked thread