Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

You do not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

TuxedoOrca posted:

Sometimes you even play them.

And ruin a mint in-sleeve edition of my free game?!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

TuxedoOrca posted:

Sometimes you even play them.

Get 'im, boys.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

JazzFlight posted:

There were moments where I would miss jumps or whatever, but there’s one mechanic that means you don’t need to waste “10-15 mins” to get back. Since the experience is mostly discovering stuff on your own, I’ll spoil tag it:

Waiting at a campfire can speed up time if you need something to happen at minute 15, for instance. Combine that with being able to “meditate” to die, it can take only several minutes to get back after a loop. Everything in the system is really quick to get back to from the starting planet anyway. You also learn about secret entrances and exits that can save time when you return to certain areas.

You're forgetting that mechanic isn't unlocked at the start and it's quite possible you'll go many many loops without getting it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

mercenarynuker posted:

And ruin a mint in-sleeve edition of my free game?!

Still in the original tar.gz

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Len posted:

You're forgetting that mechanic isn't unlocked at the start and it's quite possible you'll go many many loops without getting it
I've seen some speedruns and it's part of the strategy after immediately throwing yourself off a cliff once you get the code for the ship

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Outer Worlds (not outer wilds, supposedly the better one but I never finished either of them lol) and Thief are free on epic. I already had worlds so I think it is a repeat.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah they already gave away Outer Worlds during their Xmas Sale.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Thief is the relatively recent reboot and nobody likes it.

Thief 1 is probably more worthy of your time if you're into the idea.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Q_res posted:

Yeah they already gave away Outer Worlds during their Xmas Sale.

The site was very busted during the holiday giveaway and it unfucked itself only after the time was up. It's not like something of value was lost for people that missed it.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 6, 2024

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ilitarist posted:

Thief is the relatively recent reboot and nobody likes it.

the reboot is as old as thief 3 was when it came out

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Well, half as old as the rest of the series is surely 'relatively recent'.

Wideshanks
May 17, 2007

B.M.O.F.
Big Man On Forums
Chivalry II is free if you have Prime.

https://gaming.amazon.com/chivalry-2-epic/dp/amzn1.pg.item.c563adaa-e5c0-4bd5-8f8c-bb8a8bc54a17
Through Epic Games Store
Included free with Prime
Available through May 26, 2024 (in 45 days)

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Also on prime is Fallout 76 on the Microsoft store (the worst game store).
Seems I already got it free elsewhere so heres a key.
J3JKYQD2W9MFHGR6D4223QG4Z

Also on Amazon is FO3 and NV but you have to use Luna

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i have to appreciate amazon putting all the fallouts up for synergy with the tv show dropping yesterday

Wankie
Sep 11, 2002

Look Glenn we're saved!

OgNar posted:

Also on prime is Fallout 76 on the Microsoft store (the worst game store).
Seems I already got it free elsewhere so heres a key.
J3JKYQD2W9MFHGR6D4223QG4Z

Also on Amazon is FO3 and NV but you have to use Luna

I also seem to own Fallout 76 on the Microsoft store so here is my key:
9MJHMPQ7MGQHHH9J9PHDYF47Z

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Wankie posted:

I also seem to own Fallout 76 on the Microsoft store so here is my key:
9MJHMPQ7MGQHHH9J9PHDYF47Z

thanks, i snagged this for my brother. we've wanted to play together but there's no cross play with console versions.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
Here's another one for PC version - KQDDX34DVF7D6HHJCRR9DPDHZ

5 Second Poser
Sep 10, 2007

Don't You Wish You Were Me?
I, too, already have a PC/Microsoft Store copy of Fallout 76. So here's my code for whoever wants it:
JFXTYX7DTCCYPKGH9C4CFYRXZ

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

SlowBloke posted:

The site was very busted during the holiday giveaway and it unfucked itself only after the time was up. It's not like something of value was lost for people that missed it.
I've been playing through The Outer Worlds over the last couple of weeks, it's certainly not perfect but it gets way more hate than it deserves.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FFT posted:

I've been playing through The Outer Worlds over the last couple of weeks, it's certainly not perfect but it gets way more hate than it deserves.

I think people were just mad it wasn't as good as New Vegas.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I wouldn't say I hate it, or that anybody really hated it for that matter, there's not enough there to hate. It's an exceptionally bland video game, I played like 10 hours before turning it off and just kinda.. not having a reason to turn it on again. Nothing was interesting, nothing was memorable, it was a real cornflakes game.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The DLCs do seem much more well-polished than the main storyline, I haven't finished the Gorgon one but the Eridanos one was shockingly solid.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

FFT posted:

One of its sins, not obvious now years later, is that it dropped at the same time as Disco Elysium. It was a game from Obsidian that looked like normal people could play it (I love Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny, but I understand why people wouldn't want to play it, so for many it was Obisidan's first "real" game since Fallout New Vegas), and it wasn't that bad, it's just if you play it and Disco Elysium at the same year it would become a symbol of what's stale and backward about the genre in general. At least for me the marketing was leaning heavy on the "look at what TRUE RPG looks like" and it would have worked at any other year, but this happened to be the year where everyone who's into RPGs played Disco Elysium.

ilitarist fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 12, 2024

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It was announced shortly after Fallout 76 came out and was infamously disastrously buggy and riddled with weird PR gaffes, so the "from the creators of Fallout" blurb ignited hype for Obsidian to show Bethesda how it's done. Then the game came out and didn't show Bethesda how it was done, and people got mad that the advertising had mentioned the game the lead designers were most well known for and the game the studio was most well for, in a cynical play to trick people(?)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think The Outer Worlds would have been ok if they didn't put so much effort into that first planet. It was clearly built to impress games press, because that would be what they were allowed to play for previews and at conventions/expos. So they had this fleshed out world for the starting area. Then you finish that, leave for the next planet and the rest of the places (that I went to before I quit playing) were all just wallpaper. That would have been fine if they didn't build up my expectations at the beginning just to dash them immediately.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Cojawfee posted:

I think The Outer Worlds would have been ok if they didn't put so much effort into that first planet. It was clearly built to impress games press, because that would be what they were allowed to play for previews and at conventions/expos. So they had this fleshed out world for the starting area. Then you finish that, leave for the next planet and the rest of the places (that I went to before I quit playing) were all just wallpaper. That would have been fine if they didn't build up my expectations at the beginning just to dash them immediately.

Ah, so “Age of Conan” syndrome. This explains a lot.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Here's another Fallout '76 code: 9GTK447YHJKXRXDPFQ9CR3T9Z

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Cojawfee posted:

So they had this fleshed out world for the starting area.
I honestly don't see what's fleshed out about the first location, even. It's fairly bland and lifeless with an absolutely milquetoast and unsatisfying main quest. I've kept playing past that a bit because I've got nothing better to be doing, but everything just seems so meager.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Magitek posted:

Ah, so “Age of Conan” syndrome. This explains a lot.

Known as shareware syndrome to older generations. Where you don't know if the first episode (the one released for free) just got more love OR if they didn't spread out the game mechanics and fresh content to keep the rest of the game interesting.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I don't own an Xbox One/Series X or whatever, so if you do, you can have my copy of Fallout 76 for it!

JPYQ24GQ37HV9CQG4QP4H7GTZ

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I don't own an Xbox One/Series X or whatever, so if you do, you can have my copy of Fallout 76 for it!

JPYQ24GQ37HV9CQG4QP4H7GTZ

Thanks, friend, Fallout TV show is good enough to make me want to poke at the one Fallout game that I've never touched. Well, 76 and the PS2 game from 2004.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Fallout 76 XBox

3FQH9JYKMWC2KFRQF4FMVFPW(Z)

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Looks like they're giving away LISA on EGS next week. That's interesting, I've had an eye on that game for a while. Not sure how good the definitive edition is tho

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

2house2fly posted:

Looks like they're giving away LISA on EGS next week. That's interesting, I've had an eye on that game for a while. Not sure how good the definitive edition is tho

I played that game when it first came out and I've never felt more like a game was being mean to me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah it's an interesting game but not exactly one i'd call fun or enjoyable. or recommend, really. i know it's up some people's alleys but it made me ask myself why i was even playing it enough that i dropped it

The General
Mar 4, 2007

2house2fly posted:

I recently picked up a humble bundle specifically for it. If it resonates with you, you'll love it. The music is really something else.

I also suggest playing LISA: The Painful before LISA: The First, which recently released on Steam for free.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If it's anything like the Steam version, you'll get the original LISA with it

I think the improvements to Definitive outweigh the losses, which were mostly out of their control (removing samples in music, censorship on consoles)

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 18, 2024

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

LISA: The Painful is one of my top 5 games and has really nice worldbuilding and writing. It's rare to have something tread a line between absurd comedy and extremely dark subject matter so tactfully, and it has one of the most impactful and memorable endings of anything I've ever played. It is extremely jank in some less than pleasing ways, like in combat and difficulty, but if you can get around the difficulty and find the fun you're in for an amazing experience. I plowed through the definitive edition when it dropped and liked the additions well enough.

Just keep in mind that if an early NPC asks you if you're the kind of person who would enjoy a challenging game mode, SAY NO. It's hard mode and it, among other things, makes save points single-use, which changes things a lot.

Also the expansion/DLC/semi-sequel, whatever you want to call it, is kind of bad (imo, some people really like it) so don't feel bad about not playing it. It does not tie the story up nicely in a way you might hope for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Doesn't Lisa's story include stuff like rape, torture and child abuse? Because I feel like this is kind of understated both here and on the game's Steam page and should be at least mentioned in passing to prospective players.